PDA

View Full Version : A Cool Glitch in the Game

jschelm
06-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Well, I accidentally found a good way to get some good armor. I am a mage, so my unarmored is what I rely on, but I got a helmet that when used casts spell absorption for 60 second and bound curiass for 60 seconds. Well, the armor had around a 60 armor rating, so I decided I didn't want to wear it (even though it was +5 constant effect to 4-5 different attributes) so I took it off and dropped it on the floor. Then I decided what the heck and picked it up and put it back on for an experiment. Well, I have had it on for many hours of gameplay and it still hasn't disappeared. I guess the game erased the one minute timer when I dropped it, so now it is permanent.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 05:48 PM
So wait...

you cast bound helmet or whatever, drop it, and pick it back up?

jschelm
06-24-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
So wait...

you cast bound helmet or whatever, drop it, and pick it back up?

Yea, I am not sure if it will work for all bound items, but it has in this case.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 09:31 PM
I tried to drop my bounded sword and couldnt. Was your helmet equipped when you dropped it?

jschelm
06-25-2002, 07:21 AM
Yea, the helmet is equipped and when I cast its spell I was given the absorb magica and the bound curiass so I just dropped the curiass. I haven't tried to do it again to see if it will work all the time or not, but I will this evening when I get home from work.

Hermes
06-25-2002, 07:55 AM
Yeah this worked for me also. The devil encephalopod helmet or whatever. I cast the helmet, it gave me the bound curiass (the helmet is still in inventory also). Then I dropped the cuiriass and sold the helmet to creeper. After about 10 hours of gaming, I still have that cuiriass. Man It rocks. It weighs 0.0,and has an armor rating of 80. I used that armor and brute forced my way into the Redoran vaults in Vivec. Before this armor, an ordinator killed me in one hit. With this armor, I succeded in killing two dudes and 4 ordinators!!!! I couldn't gate this to work for weapons though. It won't let you drop them. I am currently scouring the country for bound armor. If any one knows of any items that summon bound armor, especially gauntlets or shoulder pieces, post them here or PM me.

RudedogX
06-25-2002, 08:23 AM
I guess I've got to go get some bound armor spells now!

JJaX
06-25-2002, 10:16 AM
No WAY!!!

I got this katana that turns into something nice!!
I gotta try this!

So what do i do?

cast the sword, now when i look in my inventory i see the original sword and the unbound sword.
Drop the unbound sword than pick it back up and it should stay?

SWEEET!

jschelm
06-25-2002, 12:51 PM
That is the general method....if it will let you drop the sword. I have only tried this on the one curiass that I had, so I can't say for sure that it will work for you.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 01:04 PM
Yea i did it befoe i was just playing around i didnt save it. I might o it now because im a vampire and i want to not have weight so i can take advantage of my speed and jump abilities. But can u repair the stuff?

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:19 PM
You cannot drop summoned items. Did you drop the helmet that had the magical properties bound and absorb, or did you drop the bound helmet, because I know you cannot do that...? Explain so people can understand next time. Tell us what you dropped exactly.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 01:22 PM
You just get a cheap helm enchant it so it will sumon something then u drop the cheap helmand u got a good helm that weighs nothing. i did this once but didnt save. but can u repair these items is what i wanna know.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Who sells the bound armor spells...I only have helm, longsword, and dagger...

jschelm
06-25-2002, 01:51 PM
OK here is as simple as I can lay it out for what I did.

1) got an awesome helmet that has the effect of bound curiass when cast.

2) cast the spell to get the bound curiass which has no weight, an armor of 80 and magical properties.

3) drop the bound curiass

4) pick it up

5) re-equip it and it will be there for good.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:53 PM
You cannot drop bound items.:rolleyes:

JJaX
06-25-2002, 02:02 PM
Sooooooooo

how did he do it if you cannot drop bound items?

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 02:04 PM
He didnt.

JJaX
06-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Oh.........

So theres no glitch?

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 02:13 PM
If you bound and item, go into your inventory, select it and hit X to drop it, it will say You cannot drop magical items! or something like that...

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:15 PM
I just told you how u get a sword or something u put a enchantment on it and you drop the normal item notthe bound and then u got it forever and it weighs o.o. i just told u that a couple posts ago.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 02:16 PM
well he said to drop the bount item...

Hermes
06-25-2002, 02:25 PM
He didnt.

No he didn't and neither did I and the other jack off who got it to work. Just because you can't read and follow along with what all the other posts said, you say "He didn't".:rolleyes: Whatever.

It doesn't work with weapons. Someone already pointed this out.
But it does work with the helm mentioned in the first post. Just because you don't understand the concepts presented in this thread doesn't mean it doesnt work for other more capable people than yourself.

JJaX
06-25-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Hermes

It doesn't work with weapons. Someone already pointed this out.
But it does work with the helm mentioned in the first post. Just because you don't understand the concepts presented in this thread doesn't mean it doesnt work for other more capable people than yourself.

But this guy said

Originally posted by Tkf5000
I just told you how u get a sword or something u put a enchantment on it and you drop the normal item notthe bound and then u got it forever and it weighs o.o. i just told u that a couple posts ago.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:27 PM
oo someone got told.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

But this guy said

i didnt know it didnt work with weapons i was just picking an example. i know it works with armor.

Hermes
06-25-2002, 02:30 PM
Hey. Maybe it works when you enchant something. But as for the Fiend katana or the fiend tanto or anything else that summons a weapon, It has always said "Cannot drop a summoned item." But for armor it has worked each and everytime I have tried it.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:35 PM
yea does that for me too when i try drop weapon. try dropping the fiend katana or tanto and see what happens. i did it b4 i dont remeber if i worked cuz it was long ago.

jschelm
06-25-2002, 02:44 PM
I will tell you guys what....Tonight I will take a screen shot of my bound armor laying on the ground and you can see that it is possible. Jeez....I am not some random guy who just came to this XBox site to post BS info and cause trouble.

So EHWfedPres I am going to prove you wrong becuase honestly you have totally p!ssed me off.

JJaX
06-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by jschelm
I will tell you guys what....Tonight I will take a screen shot of my bound armor laying on the ground and you can see that it is possible. Jeez....I am not some random guy who just came to this XBox site to post BS info and cause trouble.

So EHWfedPres I am going to prove you wrong becuase honestly you have totally p!ssed me off.

Im gonna give it a try with the katana i got.............

Hermes
06-25-2002, 02:48 PM

Yeah. No kidding me too. It's one thing to doubt one person, but when you have a few people saying exactly the same thing and they still doubt it, It makes you wonder about someones cognitive abilities.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:49 PM
o man hes gunna get told a SECOND time!oo thats gotta hurt!

JJaX
06-25-2002, 02:49 PM
I believe you guys!
Im pumped, I sure hope it works with weapons though!

Hermes
06-25-2002, 02:52 PM
I believe you guys!
Im pumped, I sure hope it works with weapons though!

You know, it might turn out to be weapon specific. If everyone tries it on the weapons and armor they know of, we could figure out which weapons/armor/items can be tricked. Like someone said earlier, I woulld be interested in knowing if they can be repaired also.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:55 PM
yea i said that about repairing. i really want to know if it works or not to see if its worth buying all the spells ans stuff. ill let someone else do it because im taking a break from morrowind today cuz i playtoo much i havent played all day but its getting really tempty!

jschelm
06-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Alright, now I know if you are a total moron it is possible to argue with a screen shot, but here is the proof that this works.

http://www.umr.edu/~jschelm/proof.jpg

I did also try this on the bound dagger which did not allow me to drop it because it was a standard summon spell. Maybe the trick lies with the fact that I summoned it from an item or maybe it is a glitch with this item, but, EHWfedPres THIS DOES WORK!

I will try and check for you guys tonight about repairing it, but hey, with a durability of 2400 just throw it away and cast the spell again to save your money.

masterchief2064
06-25-2002, 10:10 PM
I tried to summon the bound long sword with the fiend katana and drop the katana but the bound longsword still went away:mad:

jschelm
06-26-2002, 07:13 AM
I haven't tried dropping my helm to see if the bound curiass stays, I can try and do that sometime if you want. Also, from what I have been reading this is a strange thing to do with the armor and not so much the weapons.

JJaX
06-26-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by masterchief2064
I tried to summon the bound long sword with the fiend katana and drop the katana but the bound longsword still went away:mad:

Yeah thats the sword i carry too, And i couldnt drop the bound sword :(

I guess it doesnt work with weapons?

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 08:18 AM
Last night i found a scroll that binds full set of armor. I used it and all i can drop is the curiass. I think curiasses are the only thing that works. It was weird. But you CAN repair summoned items. I was testing it last night running around in just the bound armor and i repaired it and it worked. The bad thing is it is light armor and i wear heavy and some medium. But it had a spell to add 5 to all armor types and 5 to block and constant affect.

masterchief2064
06-26-2002, 05:39 PM
I found the helmet the summons the cuirass but, im a khajiit, so i cant wear the helmet and summon the cuirass!:mad:

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 06:32 PM
Listen, when I bound an item and try to drop it, it says I cannot drop magical summoned items! Do I need to take a shot of my tv and prove you wrong, because your method is either fictional or you did not explain it properly.

masterchief2064
06-26-2002, 09:17 PM
Listen, when I bound an item and try to drop it, it says I cannot drop magical summoned items! Do I need to take a shot of my tv and prove you wrong, because your method is either fictional or you did not explain it properly.

you cant drop a bound sword or any other 1 but you CAN drop the bound cuirass, you need the helmet in the traders house in Caldera, its about 1000 drakes. Summon it, wait the 60 seconds then pick it up. YOu know have a permanent bound cuirass!

jschelm
06-27-2002, 07:01 AM

I don't know how else to explain it EHWfedPres, I think my 2 year old next door neighbor figured it out by now. Maybe, just maybe, if you would go through and read all of the posts you would see....many times, the statement that I have ONLY GOTTEN THIS TO WORK WITH THIS ONE ITEM, and that I have also tried it with the bound dagger and it didn't work.

Please, do us all a favor, and if you don't have any intelligent comments to add to this thread or if you are just coming in here to tell people that I am lying to them just quit posting. It will keep you from looking stupid in the future and keep you from gathering more enemies on this site.

Hermes
06-27-2002, 07:15 AM

What you need to do is read all the posts in the thread. Everybody has figured it out by now except you. I mean come on, at this point you are really making people start to wonder. Can anyone say "Short Bus"?

JJaX
06-27-2002, 09:29 AM
Da WeeLs On Da BusS Go Wound An Wound Wound An Wound WOund an WounD!

RudedogX
06-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Da WeeLs On Da BusS Go Wound An Wound Wound An Wound WOund an WounD!

WAKE UP!!

RudedogX slaps JJAX till he wakes up

D@mn man! You were scarying me! Reliving all those memories and all...:confused:

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 10:54 AM
Here's what I did...I summoned the curiass, and went into my inventory, selected the curiass and hit X to drop it, and a little window came up it said I could not drop magical items.

JJaX
06-27-2002, 11:27 AM
Here's what I did...I summoned the curiass, and went into my inventory, selected the curiass and hit X to drop it, and a little window came up it said I could not drop magical items.

But was it the same, stick with me here,
was.....it.....the....SAME.....helmet.....they....used?

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Im not exactly sure. Where is the mysterious helmet of gameplay-defying magic abilities located exactly?

masterchief2064
06-27-2002, 01:13 PM
Im not exactly sure. Where is the mysterious helmet of gameplay-defying magic abilities located exactly?

I already posted that it is in the traders house, in Caldera, it is shiny, red and is about 1200 drakes, you cant summon the cuirass if your a beast race though, cause u cant equip the helmet, it happened to my first guy:mad:

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 01:18 PM
ok, im going to check to see if I have the correct helmet and all...if not, im just going to enchant my own and see if it works that way...I honestly dont know what the problem is

Yannie Boy
06-28-2002, 07:35 AM
ok EHWfedPres are you slow or something. i read the posts in the start of the post went home tried it with the indicated helm and it worked with the first try. now you can't tell me that you can't read and follow intructions the first time?????????

Yannie Boy
06-28-2002, 07:38 AM
and also ive tried enchanting. don't work. it has to be that one helm that does the glich, ive tried everything enchanting buying pieces of armor that summon bound armor it don't work. so please just read the posts careully

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Just because Ehwdpress is dumb doesnt mean hes dumb (well maybe it does). But you should have figured it out by now its not hard to hit the x button, my dog could do that!

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
and also ive tried enchanting. don't work. it has to be that one helm that does the glich, ive tried everything enchanting buying pieces of armor that summon bound armor it don't work. so please just read the posts careully
No theres a couple because you all are talking about the helm and i got a scroll that did it. I think it works on quite a few items.

JJaX
06-28-2002, 08:45 AM
Ok i went to Caldera, Stole the helmet and the trick works like a charm!

Thanks jschelm!!!!!

jschelm
06-28-2002, 09:09 AM
No Problem JJax....glad you could get some use out of it.

EHWfedPres
06-28-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
Just because Ehwdpress is dumb doesnt mean hes dumb (well maybe it does). But you should have figured it out by now its not hard to hit the x button, my dog could do that!

First of all, a better explanation would have helped. I obviously did not understand what he said, and when 2 different people are telling me 2 different things, stuff gets confused.

And who;s Ehwdpress? :rolleyes:

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 10:53 AM
well u must be talking to me bacause you responded to it from quote.:p

jschelm
06-28-2002, 11:12 AM

First of all, a better explanation would have helped. I obviously did not understand what he said, and when 2 different people are telling me 2 different things, stuff gets confused.

And who;s Ehwdpress? :rolleyes:

I totally (and probably so do most people) understand and don't mind confusion. I even tried to work through it with you nicely, at first...but it is when that confusion turns to stupidity and more importantly to blatantly wrong and idiotic accusations that it makes people mad. So, I hope you to got it to work EHWfedPres and that maybe next time you decide to call me a lier you will think twice because you can be guaranteed that I will prove you wrong.

JJaX
06-28-2002, 11:24 AM
The directions were not mind bending.......

Go to caldera trader, Get the devils helmet thingy.
Cast Unbound Curiass, drop the unbound curiass rest for 1 hour, pick up curiass.

DONE

if i get it, you guys should get it :D

JJaX
06-28-2002, 02:22 PM
Dumb question........

My friends are beast races and i know they cannot Wear full helmets.

But can they still just hold the helemet and cast the unbound curiass and do the trick?

jschelm
06-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Dumb question........

But can they still just hold the helemet and cast the unbound curiass and do the trick?

I am not sure. I guess if you can cast the spell without equiping the unit then ya, but I am pretty sure that you have to wear the helmet.

JJaX
06-28-2002, 03:19 PM

I am not sure. I guess if you can cast the spell without equiping the unit then ya, but I am pretty sure that you have to wear the helmet.

Thats what i think too,
Cause if you hold Y and use L + R to toggle your spells, enchanted items etc, if you come across apparal it equips it automaticly.

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 03:19 PM
nope u cant...but u can use a spell or scroll to do it.thats how i did it.

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 03:26 PM

Thats what i think too,
Cause if you hold Y and use L + R to toggle your spells, enchanted items etc, if you come across apparal it equips it automaticly.
but it dont work if u beast because it wont euip,itll pass right by it.i think.

masterchief2064
06-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Dumb question........

Yeah, i already posted that my dude is a beast race and cannot wear the helmet, I'll try the hold Y and l/r trick though, I dont think it will work, I think it will skip it