PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster game card

DIGITAL
06-24-2002, 07:18 PM
i picked up the blockbuster game card for 20 bucks an it lets you rent 2 games at a time an lets you keep them as long as you want or you can return them an rent 2 more so far ive rented 6 games an i feel as if i allready got my moneys worth an i still got like another 20 days on the card.just thought i would let any gamers that allready didnt know about this swell deal .

Snoopy7548
06-24-2002, 08:01 PM
yea, it looks cool. i rent like 1-2 games every week, so it would be good for me. lol, id rent 2 games and then never bring them back, ha.:D

monkeyman
06-24-2002, 08:04 PM
damn dude sounds great

im sad and ashamed to admit i have never rented a game

ever:(

Snoopy7548
06-24-2002, 08:07 PM
lol really? anyway, u know those case "protectors" that the games are in, and the store clerk has to unlock them to get the game out? i was wondering, do those metal detector things detect the game cds? cause i could so easily snap those protector cases and just pocket the game, lol:D

gula
06-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Yeah I love this thing. I used 12 game passes already. That is about... $75. And you only pay $20 a month for the pass. The bad thing about this game pass it is only going on through the summer, then it's over.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 08:19 PM
I never rented a game either. Its a waste of money. just buy it, play it , and if you dont like it, take it back and get your money back.

Integra Man
06-24-2002, 09:20 PM
i work at blockbuster so any late fines are no nos for me all it takes is a finger and the delete button. :D

hahha life is fun. oh and to mention i get 10 free game rentals a week :cool:

How can i make your night a blockbuster night :confused:

Shorezy
06-24-2002, 09:28 PM
Nice man! I have got to get me one of those!!

Frostberg
06-24-2002, 10:42 PM
Maybe it is just mine, but my local Blockbusters have OLD games...Halo...umm...I think they have a copy of Shrek...Maybe PGR and Obi-Wan...thats about all...

sinizuh
06-24-2002, 10:49 PM
not enough good games come out in a month to rent.

i went to the video store (not blockbuster; hate those nazi high price bastards), and some idiot switch the boxes for Morrowind and Legends of Wrestling :mad:

i rented Test Drive instead... horrible, horrible game.

Laxeph
06-24-2002, 10:49 PM
I work at a video store so I can rent all the games I want for free. And Snoopy, there is no detector on the game disk so you could snap the case and pocket the game.

Razzle Dazzle
06-24-2002, 11:35 PM
I also work at Blockbuster, and the game rental pass is great. I calculated it, and, at the bare minimum (2 games out for the whole time) it is worth $77. I've been selling them a lot. :D

:mad:P.S. Those protectors are stronger then they look. If you get caught shoplifting, we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Not a good idea to do (plus it's an evil thing to do, besides :mad: ).

SkoalMint
06-25-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA
Maybe it is just mine, but my local Blockbusters have OLD games...Halo...umm...I think they have a copy of Shrek...Maybe PGR and Obi-Wan...thats about all...

Sounds like my BlockBuster. For the first few months after launch, they weren't even renting XBox games. The owner decided to only go with GC. However, after alot of complaints (especially from me), the games started trickling in. It has been a slow trickle tho. If I had a GC and PS2, the card would definitely be worth it, but with a limited selection of XBox games, I'll pass.

By the way Frost, I'm only about an hour north of you.

Snoopy7548
06-25-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Razzle Dazzle
Those protectors are stronger then they look. If you get caught shoplifting, we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Not a good idea to do (plus it's an evil thing to do, besides :mad: ).

lol, i could just like take the game into the bathroom, take out a pocket knife and snap the plastic so easily. lol. but theres never any blockbuster employees around, all of them are usually at the cash registers, and theres no cameras in the store, so i could just go in like an aisle and do it there, lol.:D

Razzle Dazzle
06-25-2002, 05:33 PM
I don't know about your store, but in our store, employees have to unlock the bathroom for you. And, just a tip: EVERY blockbuster has hidden cameras.

DIGITAL
06-25-2002, 06:16 PM
my blockbuster got a decent amount of games,word of advice dont rent legends of wrestling its really bad! I hope some of you guys pick up a game card before the summers over!one of the best bargains i seen in a while!:)

Snoopy7548
06-25-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Razzle Dazzle
I don't know about your store, but in our store, employees have to unlock the bathroom for you. And, just a tip: EVERY blockbuster has hidden cameras.

yea, they have to unlock the bathroom, but i could easily fit the case in my shorts or under my shirt, lol. they do have hidden cameras? oh sh*t! lol. like last year, i was in the n64 section, so i took the boxes (the ones that the games come in, the like cardboard ones). and i took like 2 of them and just smashed them and put them back on the shelf, lol. they never found out it was me though.:D :)

gula
06-26-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

yea, they have to unlock the bathroom, but i could easily fit the case in my shorts or under my shirt, lol. they do have hidden cameras? oh sh*t! lol. like last year, i was in the n64 section, so i took the boxes (the ones that the games come in, the like cardboard ones). and i took like 2 of them and just smashed them and put them back on the shelf, lol. they never found out it was me though.:D :)

Wow..you rebel.. :rolleyes: :confused:

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 10:49 AM
lol, yea, im so dangerous. better watch out! lol:D :)

Razzle Dazzle
06-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Anyways, as of yesterday all of Blockbuster's 5-day rentals (even the games), are now ONE WEEK RENTALS :)

PSYCH0 GUY
06-27-2002, 12:43 PM
ya.. any one know if these game cards are available in canada??