PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 2 Movie

E-Vader
06-24-2002, 07:44 PM
Deus Ex 2 short movie preview.

http://www.gamestar.de/downloads/trailer/deusex.mpg

I love the shadow from the mech.

Translation of what hes saying (I think)
By the giant shadow, which this hunter/seeker projects, it appears twice as dangerous.
But with this, you can also see it while it's still behind a corner. *starts walking across the bridge*
We only got a chance against this bot if we hit it with an EMP grenade *throws* Yyyyyeeesss. And now we can finish it off lreatively secure with our pistol."

I found this on ttlg.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Very nice visuals...but im afraid that this game will lack replay value unless there is an addition of multiplayer or something to keep people interested...

JJaX
06-25-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Very nice visuals...but im afraid that this game will lack replay value unless there is an addition of multiplayer or something to keep people interested...

Dude, If you've ever played dues ex on the PC than why are you even worried about multiplayer. Its a single player experience thats a must for FPS players.

Lack in replay value, hahahaha, keep people intereseted hahaha.
This game is going to be a must buy, Wait and see.

I havent the slightest clue why this thread was moved to "action games"

It should be in 3d shooters, I think.

Hugh_Jass
06-25-2002, 12:50 PM
That video isn't enough to pique my interest for this game.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 08:20 PM
My friend has Deus X for the PC, he loves it...I never played it but I saw him play it alot...too much dialogue really. not enough shooting, but perhaps that was just that part he was at...

E-Vader
06-25-2002, 08:41 PM
It depends on how you want to play it, Its the only game that comes close to letting do what you want. (its not perfect but close)

If you want to the silent type and use the stun batton, sniper rifle and peper sprays etc..

or go mid range and use shot guns and assult rifles.

or go gun ho and get the big 'un out with rocket launchers and fame throwers.

But its not only about weapon choice abut also about how you tackle each situation, ie... do you go in guns blazing through the front door or hack the computer to gain access through the back door.

There is alot of dialouge but it doesn't intrude on the gameplay it helps keep the story afloat, and its all about the single player experiance.

But I'm biased towards Deus Ex ............ 'cause its awsome.

:D

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by E-Vader
If you want to the silent type and use the stun batton, sniper rifle and peper sprays etc..

or go mid range and use shot guns and assult rifles.

or go gun ho and get the big 'un out with rocket launchers and fame throwers.

But its not only about weapon choice abut also about how you tackle each situation, ie... do you go in guns blazing through the front door or hack the computer to gain access through the back door.
:D

You can do that in any game?

E-Vader
06-26-2002, 03:58 PM
What I mean is that you assign EXP (experience points) to gun catagories so where you will be good at using say sniper rifles and shotguns if you pick up a GEP gun or flame thrower (big guns) you can barely walk around with it your aim is totally off and your more likey to kill yourself with it than the enemy.

The same goes for computer hacking, lock picking etc etc....