PDA

View Full Version : Getting more and more worried...

tWoTOMA
06-25-2002, 12:52 AM
The Xbox seems to be slowly falling apart. Maybe I'm overreacting and am just a bit paranoid, but MS seems to be getting a lot of heat lately.

First of all, sales in Japan suck. Although we all knew it would be bad, I never thought it would be like this. I mean they can't get rid of them over there.

Second, they are being sued over the controvercial TV ad, which has already been cancelled for being so offensive. Their marketing is in trouble, and if you add that to alrady slow sales, they are in trouble.

Third, Microsoft is being sued over some technology patents from what I hear, including the Xbox. Could the Xbox be pulled from shelves? Doubt it, but anything could happen in this anti-Bill Gates world.

Fourth, a lot of games are suffering from overhype. Wreckless, JSRF, PGR, Fever, Inside Drive, and even to a degree Hunter and Morrowind have not lived up to thier expectations because of colossal hype. Someone told me PGR would kick GT off of its pedestal. Not even close! Fever and Inside Drive were decent for first installments, but as far as I'm concerned did not live up to the hype. Both are in distant thirds for thier genres. Hunter and Morrowind are fun, but because of the lack of blockbuster games, they have been made to look better than they are for most people. I love them both, but EGM and other mags have given them decent ratings at best. Overhype kills. What we need is a game to sneak up and get everyone's attention like GTA 3 did for PS2.

Fifth, we don't have one game that would justify buying an Xbox. Halo is great, but most casual gamers don't care for FPS. Since most gamers play sports games, and they can get them for any console, they go with a tried and true PS2. Not to mention the fact taht PS2 has the best game ever made, GTA3. Pardon me for sounding obsessed, but who doesn't love violence, cursing, sex, crime, humor, and a great sense of humor in a game? I am looking forward to Dead to Rights and True Crimes, but both are multi-platform and will not make someone buy an Xbox. Sorry to say it but niether will Project Ego. Most gamers don't care for RPGs. Again, we need a great exclusive that will appeal to the casual gamer.

Another thing that may bite us in the butt is Xbox Live. I know I'm getting it, but anyone that already has a PS2 or Gamecube will also be able to get online, so they won't jump ship just for that reason. And since there are only a bit more than 18 million broadband subscribers in the US, it may take a long while before people decide to go the way of Xbox Live.

VenoM
06-25-2002, 01:08 AM
well...i dont care....bill is a billionaire...xbox will not fail,xbox is still pretty new..give it time...ps1 was slow to at first but look what happen after a few years of its release...no need to worry........and your sig i think is alittle to big =/

X-Factor
06-25-2002, 01:16 AM
*reads tWoTOMA's long and rather pointless post*

Two words my friend: Xbox Live

*points to signature*

Adema
06-25-2002, 01:17 AM
Don't be stupid!!!!

First of all, Gamecube had even worse sales in Japan than the Xbox did.

Second, I don't know what the hell you were reading but I never got the idea that PGR, Inside Drive, Fever, Wreckless, or JSFR were over hyped. I heard that JSFR would be a fun game so I bought it and it was awesome. As for the others if they were hyped I may have bought them but they weren't.

Third, there are tons of great games coming out in the near future. People may buy games for different reasons. There could be fans of Panzer Dragon or TJ & E that want to try their updates. Theres also games like BC and Splinter Cell that could constitute buying a console. Theres soo many games I can't mention all of them but one thing is for sure we do have something to look foward to.

There is no way in hell anyone would prefer PS2 or Gamecube online over Xbox live. Besides having to buy expensive add ons you have to play on narrow band which blows. I know from struggles with the Dreamcast.

Just think before start to worry over the future of Xbox.

squid413
06-25-2002, 01:31 AM
UC, Brute Force, XBL, Sega GT,XBL, Halo 2, Did i already say XBL???????????????????? LOL JK

Man don't be worried. we have tons of good games coming and you can't forget XBL.

Kortiz
06-25-2002, 04:14 AM
bah.....you say that other people will be able to enjoy internet on their consoles....well, right now PS2 is heading down a very steap road to death. Also GC isnt really concerned about the internet but are putting it out there because they feel forced to keep up with competition. The game hasnt been out for a full year man, give it some time. MS has been underfire sence the day Bill Gates entered the business. He and his company are worth 100billion dollars. He could get sued for a lot of money and 3 or 4 months later probably even sooner have more then he had before he was sued. what tv ad are you talking about anyway?

and Project Ego has some boundries to get over before we can say it will be a system seller.....but Brute Force is going to rule and KOTOR is going to sell many many systems and that is for damned sure nahmean?

i was like you at one point, i posted here and then i felt better, this cult we got here is great aint it.........i feel the love....*looks at the computer screen dazed and drinks the poison Maximus XBA sent to him*

I SHALL SEE YOU ALL IN XBOX HEAVEN, I HEAR THEY HAVE PROJECT EGO THERE ALREADY AND GTA3 DID GET RELEASED ON XBOX WHERE IM GOING, THANKS MAXIMUS XBA

hehehehehhehehehehehhehehehhe

but for real though man, dont worry about how the xbox is doing.
MS is not going down hill any time soon and if it does it wont happen for a long time because all the legal court stuff gets drawn out for like decades....nahmean?

Bakeman
06-25-2002, 04:49 AM
Second, they are being sued over the controvercial TV ad

That was a funny commercial! I showed it to many many friends and they all thought the same thing. It's freaking sad when an orginal, funny, smart, and attention grabbing commercial gets pulled like that! People are over sensetive.

Kortiz
06-25-2002, 04:57 AM
WHAT TV AD IS THIS YOU PEEPS ARE TALKING ABOUT!?!?!??!

gimme a fill in so i can see if i have seen it.

Alien
06-25-2002, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
The Xbox seems to be slowly falling apart. Maybe I'm overreacting and am just a bit paranoid, but MS seems to be getting a lot of heat lately.

First of all, sales in Japan suck. Although we all knew it would be bad, I never thought it would be like this. I mean they can't get rid of them over there.

Second, they are being sued over the controvercial TV ad, which has already been cancelled for being so offensive. Their marketing is in trouble, and if you add that to alrady slow sales, they are in trouble.

Third, Microsoft is being sued over some technology patents from what I hear, including the Xbox. Could the Xbox be pulled from shelves? Doubt it, but anything could happen in this anti-Bill Gates world.

Fourth, a lot of games are suffering from overhype. Wreckless, JSRF, PGR, Fever, Inside Drive, and even to a degree Hunter and Morrowind have not lived up to thier expectations because of colossal hype. Someone told me PGR would kick GT off of its pedestal. Not even close! Fever and Inside Drive were decent for first installments, but as far as I'm concerned did not live up to the hype. Both are in distant thirds for thier genres. Hunter and Morrowind are fun, but because of the lack of blockbuster games, they have been made to look better than they are for most people. I love them both, but EGM and other mags have given them decent ratings at best. Overhype kills. What we need is a game to sneak up and get everyone's attention like GTA 3 did for PS2.

Fifth, we don't have one game that would justify buying an Xbox. Halo is great, but most casual gamers don't care for FPS. Since most gamers play sports games, and they can get them for any console, they go with a tried and true PS2. Not to mention the fact taht PS2 has the best game ever made, GTA3. Pardon me for sounding obsessed, but who doesn't love violence, cursing, sex, crime, humor, and a great sense of humor in a game? I am looking forward to Dead to Rights and True Crimes, but both are multi-platform and will not make someone buy an Xbox. Sorry to say it but niether will Project Ego. Most gamers don't care for RPGs. Again, we need a great exclusive that will appeal to the casual gamer.

Another thing that may bite us in the butt is Xbox Live. I know I'm getting it, but anyone that already has a PS2 or Gamecube will also be able to get online, so they won't jump ship just for that reason. And since there are only a bit more than 18 million broadband subscribers in the US, it may take a long while before people decide to go the way of Xbox Live. One question. At the top...you said your "Xbox seems to be falling apart." What's all the junk below it for?? That in no way interacts with your Xbox falling apart!

Bakeman
06-25-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
WHAT TV AD IS THIS YOU PEEPS ARE TALKING ABOUT!?!?!??!

gimme a fill in so i can see if i have seen it.

Well I'm pretty sure it's then one where the baby shoots out of it's mom durning birth and flys out the window...
the baby continues to fly through the sky as it ages... eventually becoming an old man and landing in a grave.

Then it says "Life is short, play more"

gula
06-25-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Adema
Don't be stupid!!!!

First of all, Gamecube had even worse sales in Japan than the Xbox did.

No, don't you be stupid...

"Sales tracking firm Media Create reports that in the first week of April (4/1 - 4/7), Microsoft sold an abysmal 2,179 units, a number that in and of itself is astonishingly low for a newly-released console system. But when you examine sales of some of the other hardware on the market, the news gets even worse. In the same week in April, Sony's seven-year old PS one platform sold 3,959 units. And get this--Sega's discontinued Dreamcast console even managed to outsell the Xbox with 3,427 units purchased by Japanese gamers. As for the other next-generation platforms, the PS2 and the GameCube sold 80,734 units and 15,068 units respectively."

-http://www.gamers.com/news/1132721

That is sad...

Hermes
06-25-2002, 07:37 AM
Maybe I'm overreacting and am just a bit paranoid Or maybe a PS2 troll?

First of all, sales in Japan suck. :rolleyes: Notice the standard fanboy opening argument.

Second, they are being sued over the controvercial TV ad,Third, Microsoft is being sued over some technology patents from what I hear Oh yeah Like MS is really worried. They just beat the Dept. of Justice. Also notice the standard fanboy catchphrase "from what I hear."

Fourth, a lot of games are suffering from overhype. Wreckless, JSRF, PGR, Fever, Inside Drive, and even to a degree Hunter and Morrowind have not lived up to thier expectations because of colossal hype
Notice how he can't even back up his own opinions as to why any of these games have not lived up to the expectations because he is repeating what he heard from another fanboy.

Fifth, we don't have one game that would justify buying an Xbox. Halo is great, but most casual gamers don't care for FPS. No, We (the real xbox fans,not you) have like 10 or 12. As far as I'm concerned, but I believe many others feel this way also, My Xbox has already justified it's expense and this is just the begining.
who doesn't love violence, cursing, sex, crime Your mom. I bet you have to play while shes at work.
Again, we need a great exclusive that will appeal to the casual gamer.

Wow. No comment.

I know I'm getting it, but anyone that already has a PS2 or Gamecube will also be able to get online Hahaha. Wanna bet. You are probally one of the saddest fanboy trolls that I have seen post here for a long time. No one's fooled, go back to Nintendoze.

kornavs19
06-25-2002, 07:53 AM
Im getting p*ssed....... What happened to the good ol' XBA days..
Couple a months ago everyone was so helpful when i first came here, everyone got along and there was no doubt in my mind that this was the best X-Box site on the web....Now all everyone does is fight..... I'm begining to have second thoughts on the best site on the web..... Most of the people on here are really great and helpful but we have a lot of newbies and fanboys here that are making everyone fight.... Some of the newbies r great though..... So guys and girls, he voiced his oppinion, you people answered it and thats it... Tell eachother some facts but to waist your time and fight with someone over this is pretty stupid...

faceoff508
06-25-2002, 08:25 AM
We all know that the Xbox is the most powerful system, but the public does not know that. If only microsoft could find away to show how great the Xbox is. And it shuld do that by also making the ADs funny!!

mahalan
06-25-2002, 08:31 AM
I think his concerns can be handled in three broad areas:

Xbox sales/profits:

The Xbox is part of a much larger picture for Microsoft. This is NOT about controlling the console game market for them. This is about having a portal into most households in the world. Once this is established, they have a ready made market to supply Internet software and entertainment to those households (not just games). They're willing to eat their losses to get this done.

Game quality and hype:

Some games have been way overhyped. This happens on ALL consoles. A lot of the games haven't been that great. This happens on all consoles too. Overall, the Xbox has a GREAT stable of games given its age. Halo is very easily the best FPS made to date. PGR can easily hold its own with any racer out there. DOA3 is one of the deepest fighting games on the market. Add to this some great games like: JSRF, Outlaw Golf, Amped, and the Xbox's plethora of sports sims and we've been very lucky. If you add into this the slate of games between now and the end of the year and it's amazing.

Online Plans:

There's no comparison. Microsoft will have its own servers and support ALL of its online games itself for one low monthly fee. Sony plans on leaving all of the work and expense to the game developers/publishers (yeah, that'll work lol). Nintendo might as well not have a plan. Until the GCN's decendent, there's better than a 90% probability we'll never see a commercially available way to hook a GCN to the Internet. Even if we do, it won't compete with Microsoft's very well thought out system.

Highlite23
06-25-2002, 08:44 AM
twotoma, there is a something much more dangerouse than Hype for XBOX....

Paranoia by it's owners, a little over 7 months, relax it will be fine.

And by the way if you sneek in and visit a PS2 site the arguments are basically the same. All 3 consoles have there problems to deal with, but if XBOX owners get a little too paranoid and jump to a PS2 (Personally it would be best to own both) as a security blanket then we are screwed.;)

Shorezy
06-25-2002, 08:44 AM
This is a really good topic to talk about, and all of you rase an
excellent point (or 2), but as for what this Thread is about, i don't think you should try to start worrying everyone. Like some of you said, Bill is a multi-billionaire, Xbox Live is comin', and we still have time (plenty of time at that) to witness some MORE kicka$$ games come out. I just don't think you should start worryin everyone. As far as i'm concernerd the Xbox is fine, for a long time.

OppiumNitrates
06-25-2002, 09:43 AM
No No and No . . .

first off anything made by the Americans and sold in Japan will never do as good as similar products made by the Japanese, its just the way it is . . . they r very proud people and factor in that Bill Gates is the guy who made it( probly the most hated man in the world . . . . next to Osama Bin Ladin) and u lose even more sales . . . . but dont worry about console sales cauz MS is looking at the big picture and you r not .. . plain and simple Toma . . . . think of Xbox as an Expantion team in sports u already got the house hold names in the league Nintendo and Sony's PS . . . . but now MS started a team and they need to build it up just like Nintendo and Sony build their reputations . . . . expantion teams dont sell out the stadium after 7 months they build a reputiona of being a good team then more and more people come to watch them . . . . u do relize that the big N has been in the console industry for over 20 years and Sony for about 8 . . . . Xbox is 7 months old brotha . . . 7 months its still a baby . . . just wait and let MS build thier team and one day they will be in the Championship . . . . . .

Spaztic
06-25-2002, 10:07 AM

Another thing that may bite us in the butt is Xbox Live. I know I'm getting it, but anyone that already has a PS2 or Gamecube will also be able to get online, so they won't jump ship just for that reason. And since there are only a bit more than 18 million broadband subscribers in the US, it may take a long while before people decide to go the way of Xbox Live.

.....have you been browsing gamespots forums again??? Quick trade in your xbox and get a ps2! The xbox is going down....ya right lol! Stop reading stuff on the web if you can't handle it! Just enjoy the games! With xbox2 starting to hit the drawing board, do you think M$ is thinking about canning the xbox?

guitargod711
06-25-2002, 11:45 AM
As bad as I hate to admit it, he's right. Take the Dreamcast for instance. It had (and still does have) one of the best game libraries of all time. IT FAILED!!! The Xbox isn't doing well anywhere. That's the plain truth and we have to accept it. Yes, the Xbox is the most powerful of the 3 systems, but it means nothing without support. Halo is a great game, but most hardcore gamers will not play FPS's without a keyboard and mouse. That's why Halo didn't sell many systems. Also, the Japanese are very fickled people when it comes to gaming. I know Xbox will fail there. No doubt about it. I love Xbox and want nothing more than it to whoop serious a$$. I've been stuck with so many systems that failed and I know the pattern. Xbox is heading down that road.In all honesty (and i'll prob get torn up for saying this) I've recently purchased a ps2 cause of the price drop and I haven't even played my Xbox since. I HATE sony but I must say that the ps2 is putting a whoopin on all competetion. Rallisport vs. Grand Turismo 3? Sony wins by a mile and look how old that game is.It looks so much better too. GTA 3??? Absolutely the best game ever made. Bar none!!And with sony getting the deal, they already won the war.:(
You people should stop being argumentative towards him . He's sounding like the smartest person in this forum right now. Everyone else sounds like fanboys. Has anyone ever played NFL 2k2 online with DreamcasT??? pretty sweeeet heh? What happened??? FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!!! Granted yes, SEGA didn't have the funds like Microsoft, but Microsoft is doing nothing to remedy this crisis. They may have sunk their own ship!!!

OppiumNitrates
06-25-2002, 12:26 PM
i have to disgree with some thing u said there . . . . i dont like when people compare the Xbox to the DreamCast . . . . first off we're not talkin about a company that has always struggeled in the console(not game) industry . . . always #2 to Nintendo in its early days, we're talkin about MS and they dont ever lose . . . even if they lose a court battle or whatever they still win just cauz its no sweat off Billy boys sack . . . Xbox is just trying to establish them selfs i dont understand how hard that is to comprehend . . . . yes PS2 has a bigger better library but the Xbox for it's age has the biggest library (PS2 at 7 months didnt have 70+ games) . . . Ps2 has all the developers and untill Xbox gets the suport it deserves then we will see who holds all the keys

Originally posted by guitargod711
Rallisport vs. Grand Turismo 3? Sony wins by a mile and look how old that game is.It looks so much better too.

this is true yes . . . GT3 is prob the best racing game ever made . . .

GTA 3??? Absolutely the best game ever made. Bar none!!And with sony getting the deal, they already won the war.

Nope sorry 1 game will not make or break this War . . .

the battle is Xbox vs. PS2 vs. GC and 1 title in this battle will win the whole War . . .sorry i think not

who is gunna care about GTA3 when PS3 and Xbox2 r out . . . no one and maybe by then the battle lines will be more clear cauz Online will have been out for a while and the reaction by all compainies (eighter to spend more cauz Online is the future of gaming, or say fok it theres no money there) will be veey present and untill XBL is launched(XBL is on of the main ideas when building the Xbox it was in fact a huge part of it) and the other online campaigns i dont think that saying theres a winner already is fair . . . . . i mean if this really was a war XBL is our secret wepon of mass destruction and its not fully operational yet so how can the War be over already???

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
Im getting p*ssed....... What happened to the good ol' XBA days..
Couple a months ago everyone was so helpful when i first came here, everyone got along and there was no doubt in my mind that this was the best X-Box site on the web....Now all everyone does is fight..... I'm begining to have second thoughts on the best site on the web..... Most of the people on here are really great and helpful but we have a lot of newbies and fanboys here that are making everyone fight.... Some of the newbies r great though..... So guys and girls, he voiced his oppinion, you people answered it and thats it... Tell eachother some facts but to waist your time and fight with someone over this is pretty stupid...
It just certain people that make some really dumb threads. This is what some people start talking about when there are no good games coming this week. Its general discusion about xbox so he can say whatever he wants really. I just cant belive he doubts xbox. Its ONLY the best console currently out and has a goodinternet service that doesnt lag up like pos2. MS just needs to advertise better.Their comercials are crap it just says over 70 games now go buy. Im getting really tired of seing the Jak and Daxter comercials all the time, cant MS make more TV comercials?.and you got to think to. You cant put xbox comercials on chanels nobody watches. put comercials on stuff liek mtv.

Slacker
06-25-2002, 01:06 PM
I think posts like this are stupid , Ever sence E3 Xbox has been giving alot of respect, Many people inside the industry said Xbox stole the show , and they Did, Most everyone says Xbox will be the future of Video games , and Bill gates has something that Sony and Nintendo Don't have,,,,he's American and friends with VERY powerfull other Americans who influence other very powerfull people on the planet ,

They have had a Plan to get into the "livingroom" for along time, they Bought Web TV and have MSN Internet service for 100.00 bucks, they will have a something like the Moxie (I think thats what it is called) which will enable you to , Download your Music Library ,Record TV to DVD, surf the web, play CD's DVD's ect.... all in one system!! who won't that,,,,, thats what people where calling Xbox 2 for awhile . and it will come out soon ,

If any other company in the world was putting out a New Console I wouldnt have bought it,,,, but with Microsoft behind it and it bieng part of a Bigger picture, I have no worries or fears, my only gripe is Cry Babies like you who spout ***** out of there mouths with no research all Word of Mouth,

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 01:25 PM
I dont think the next MS system should be Xbox 2. taht doesnt sound good. If they want to make it a "box" name it should be Zbox or ybox or tbox or sumthin. or make it something that sounds really cool.

OppiumNitrates
06-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
I dont think the next MS system should be Xbox 2. taht doesnt sound good. If they want to make it a "box" name it should be Zbox or ybox or tbox or sumthin. or make it something that sounds really cool.

if they named the first one U-box instead of Xbox the second one could be called W-box . . .

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 01:46 PM
wow ur smart, oppium for presedent... but doesnt v come after u. all these years....

OppiumNitrates
06-25-2002, 02:00 PM
yeah it does im proud of you for knowing the alphabet . . . but . . . .

U Box . . . . . W box

if u dont get the connection between them. . . . your a moron, im sorry, plain and simple

U . . . . W
U, double U . . .

say them a few times out loud to your self and maybe u will understand what i ment . . .

Hugh_Jass
06-25-2002, 02:02 PM
I normally don't reply to these blubbering "the sky is falling threads" except to say pppppbbbbbtttttt.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:18 PM
haha.ppbbbbbbbbbbtttt.pbbbbbbbbbbbbbtttt.
ok oppium i understand .(duh!lol)

tWoTOMA
06-28-2002, 03:06 PM
The original post I made up was really just a bunch of crap. I wanted to see how my fellow XBAddicts would react, and I'm pleased. It's funny how much we all love this machine. Although I was sorried at a point about Xbox, the games thatare coming up are something to really look forward to, not to mention XBL.

Please folks, read some of my other posts before calling me a PS2 or Nintendo fanboy. I have never owned a PS or PS2 and never wated one, and the only Nintendoproduct I ever enjoyed was NES. I'm definately a huge MSFT supporter, and I was just trying to ruffle some feathers. One thing I ask is to never give up on the system, because there's nothign I would hate like having "another Dreamcast", which I loved.

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 03:14 PM
i loved dreamcast too. i dont know y it never was great. it was better than ps and n64 and it was before ps2. it has some grat games too. i still play my dreamcast , not near as much as xbox but i still pull out HoTD sometimes.

Magnum Blast
06-28-2002, 03:28 PM
The original post I made up was really just a bunch of crap. I wanted to see how my fellow XBAddicts would react, and I'm pleased. It's funny how much we all love this machine. Although I was sorried at a point about Xbox, the games thatare coming up are something to really look forward to, not to mention XBL.

Please folks, read some of my other posts before calling me a PS2 or Nintendo fanboy. I have never owned a PS or PS2 and never wated one, and the only Nintendoproduct I ever enjoyed was NES. I'm definately a huge MSFT supporter, and I was just trying to ruffle some feathers. One thing I ask is to never give up on the system, because there's nothign I would hate like having "another Dreamcast", which I loved.

Anyone else think we should burn him to death for doing this to us?

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 03:32 PM
yea form a angry mob! burn the xbox doubter lol.

Magnum Blast
06-28-2002, 04:26 PM
He is a non believer. He must be destroyed.

BigGamer X
06-28-2002, 05:06 PM
As bad as I hate to admit it, he's right. Take the Dreamcast for instance. It had (and still does have) one of the best game libraries of all time. IT FAILED!!! The Xbox isn't doing well anywhere. That's the plain truth and we have to accept it. Yes, the Xbox is the most powerful of the 3 systems, but it means nothing without support. Halo is a great game, but most hardcore gamers will not play FPS's without a keyboard and mouse. That's why Halo didn't sell many systems. Also, the Japanese are very fickled people when it comes to gaming. I know Xbox will fail there. No doubt about it. I love Xbox and want nothing more than it to whoop serious a$$. I've been stuck with so many systems that failed and I know the pattern. Xbox is heading down that road.In all honesty (and i'll prob get torn up for saying this) I've recently purchased a ps2 cause of the price drop and I haven't even played my Xbox since. I HATE sony but I must say that the ps2 is putting a whoopin on all competetion. Rallisport vs. Grand Turismo 3? Sony wins by a mile and look how old that game is.It looks so much better too. GTA 3??? Absolutely the best game ever made. Bar none!!And with sony getting the deal, they already won the war.:(
You people should stop being argumentative towards him . He's sounding like the smartest person in this forum right now. Everyone else sounds like fanboys. Has anyone ever played NFL 2k2 online with DreamcasT??? pretty sweeeet heh? What happened??? FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!!! Granted yes, SEGA didn't have the funds like Microsoft, but Microsoft is doing nothing to remedy this crisis. They may have sunk their own ship!!! I think you need some glasses, I have all the system's and all the top racing game's. GT3 look's very dull and grainy. Rallisport murder's it.

ShannonX
06-28-2002, 09:45 PM
bickering and fighting...not nice....

if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it. Flame wars WILL NOT be tollerated here. Fair warning to everybody. If you must criticize somebody, make it constructive and not destructive, dont make them feel like crap. If you have a problem with somebody, Private message them, dont post that crap on these forums. I see anymore, i'll delete it and take appropriate actions.

Now lets have fun with our xboxs and stop worrying about something that is pointless. :)

silvertrace
06-28-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
bickering and fighting...not nice....

if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it. Flame wars WILL NOT be tollerated here. Fair warning to everybody. If you must criticize somebody, make it constructive and not destructive, dont make them feel like crap. If you have a problem with somebody, Private message them, dont post that crap on these forums. I see anymore, i'll delete it and take appropriate actions.

Now lets have fun with our xboxs and stop worrying about something that is pointless. :)

*silver farts in his cupped hands and puts in Shannon's face

long time no see partner.................:eek:

stewy_gt
06-28-2002, 10:12 PM
That goes to show what real life is like. You don't just enter something and expect to reach the top very quickly. It takes time. The Xbox might be under the whether right now, but the games coming out are quite good. Afterall, which company is MS up against. Sony entered when Sega and Nintendo was the greatest, not Sony has risen over them and is now the greatest. The stakes are higher now, plus gaming has evolved since Sony entered. For a newbie, MS is doing well. Don't worry about how the Xbox is doing, instead, worry about how you are going to afford the games that are coming out.

By the way. Is it me, or does it seem as though game developers don't realize that RPGs can be made for the Xbox? Yes there is Morrowind, but how many others are on the way? Especially for the Christmas holiday. Maybe some big ones will appear by March.

FpS_PhReeK
06-28-2002, 10:50 PM
Xbox is sliding down a slippery slope... they better pull them selves out before they sink in the Sh|T.

mrmp3
06-28-2002, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty much gonna say what everyone else said. I bought PS2 on launch date Oct. 2000 I haven't played that system a lot. I remember getting it. Got disappointed with almost every game except Madden 2001 and Timesplitters and continued playing my Dreamcast. I really got into the PS2 spirit in 01' around Oct. That's when PS2 became pretty much became the ****. GTA3, THPS3, SD: JBI! (lol not that I think of it JBI wasn't that great), and MGS: 2. It took a year for PS2 to have some good titles. To think those are only 3-4 blockbuster titles. Now let's fast foward to Fall 02'. Xbox has soooooo many blockbuster titles coming out. From all the XBL titles to games like Brute Force Xbox will take the throne no doubt. The graphics and gameplay possibilites will be ultimately the best. XBL will make Xbox the best next-gen online gaming system. However, failure for this is a lot closer than some think. This could be just my area, BUT I only know 3 people out of the 4 neighboring towns and my own that have broadband. True, there are more people that have it but all of them have Roadrunner which really doesn't run that great. A much larger group has dial-up and since MS has thse massive servers setup all over America and a couple in Europe (maybe a couple in Japan, I dunno for sure) how do they expect a smaller group of people with broadband to pay for the servers if more people have 56k? I mean they are only paying $50 and even adding all the money up doens't seem like it'll support XBL to run a full year. I'm not at all saying XBL sux because it will be defintely the most lag free online gaming out, I just don't think they'll get the right amount of funding to keep it going like the DC service (or was it just Sega stopped manufacturing systems which stopped Seganet. W/e I dunno).

Getting back to the topic, PS2 reached it's prime last year. Xbox is reaching a MUCH better prime this fall and through all of it, GC won't reach it's prime till next year in the winter. I love both PS2 and Xbox, but I think Sony is going down deathroad especially with this online service which is probably gonna be very laggy and additional fees just to play games online. At least XBL will cover most if not all fees for online games (except PSO). Plus with XBL u can download add-ons for games. Microsoft with all their experience seems to know what they are doing, however, just because so many people have 56k, I think it could be the end.
Signing off...

On a side note, is broadband more or less used in your area than 56k? I'm hoping broadband is more popular somewhere else than in my town and neighboring towns.