PDA

View Full Version : Canadiens Beware

faceoff508
06-25-2002, 08:41 AM
http://www.x-boxworld.net/news/news.php?id=103624853

This is ver bad news for the canadiens!! I geuss gamers are going to get vety mad, because they cant play games like GTA3 or other things like it. They might even ban Project Ego because of its violence. I hope this doesnt happen to America also!!

Shorezy
06-25-2002, 08:48 AM
The games that will now be banned in Canada include all games rated Adult Only and some games that push the Mature rating to its limit.

I'm not to worried about that man! But thanks for the find. I sure hope they don't get to...well...."careful" over banning certain games in Canada. To tell you the truth i've NEVER played an Adults Only rated game. And i'm not much of a "Resident Evil - Horror" sorta game myself. I think we're ok......for now:confused:

faceoff508
06-25-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by halo_11

I'm not to worried about that man! But thanks for the find. I sure hope they don't get to...well...."careful" over banning certain games in Canada. To tell you the truth i've NEVER played an Adults Only rated game. And i'm not much of a "Resident Evil - Horror" sorta game myself. I think we're ok......for now:confused:

What about PS2 owners, they cant play GTA3 anymore!! Or Project Ego, you wont play that becuase it will be "violent"

Highlite23
06-25-2002, 09:04 AM
As games become more "realistic" the governments will take more notice. It was easy to brush off when blood was basically a splat of red color. As we all know the graphics have evolved on all systems, and the content has pushed the envelope not only in violence, but sexual content, or shopuld i say "suggestive" material.

Hopefully in the US and other countries the idea of people to choose for themselves won't be baried by some watchdog group.

I fully agree with the rating system and having a parent "ok" the sale of a "M" game to a minor. I am a partent and i usually rent the games my son wants and see for myself.

We all have the ability to make a choice, if you feel that a game, or movie, music, art, etc...are too much, don't buy it, don't listen, and so on.

Remeber we all have one thing in common...FREE WILL.

Laxeph
06-25-2002, 09:21 AM
What is Project Ego rated?

faceoff508
06-25-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Laxeph
What is Project Ego rated?

Will be rated M! For a lot of things!

(¯`·._)
06-25-2002, 10:15 AM
LOL i cant believe you guys beleive that
its nonny's fault for not posting the source where you can see for yourself

you all getting rattled up and sh it
ITS NOT REAL

lol

wweomaniac
06-25-2002, 10:19 AM
when yuo say Canadiens, you are referring to the Montreal Hockey team. Because they are stubborn Quebecers, they refuse to spell their names normally.

The real way of spelling Canadian is Canadian :)

Project Ego can't be that violent...

MixMasta
06-25-2002, 10:40 AM
faceoff, i havent heard much on P.E. being very violent...what exactly is in the game to make it so violent. also, why would they ban games from canada?? in canada, u have to be 1 to see R movies alone, and in America, you have to be 17. I always thought canada had much looser laws....what does this mean for america??? thank god gore isnt in office (his wife helped create the parental adviosory thing on cds)

(¯`·._)
06-25-2002, 10:51 AM
again, its fake but id still like to know why Canada still use the crappy ESRB idiots.

After almost every game, im like man, canada needs to get its own rating system like we do on movies.

That way games like halo, would never recieve an "R" but would recieve a "14A" at most and possibly a "PG"

I guess most of you ppl outside of Canada wouldnt know this, but the only thing that i am proud about this country of mine is that we are on the leading edge of the freedom of speach. Not in Canada would you see the communist style of censorship seen in most states. Most movies that are R in america are only 14A here. As well are controls on network tv and radio are extremly loose compared to those in america

Well thats just my little rant about ESRB, i just dont like the idea of those idiots who i really dont agree with to start with rating content for canada.

Dre
06-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
faceoff, i havent heard much on P.E. being very violent...what exactly is in the game to make it so violent. also, why would they ban games from canada?? in canada, u have to be 1 to see R movies alone, and in America, you have to be 17. I always thought canada had much looser laws....what does this mean for america??? thank god gore isnt in office (his wife helped create the parental adviosory thing on cds)

Wow.. this, if true, is the lamest thing I've heard in a while. Who do they think they are to judge whether or not I should play a game.

What they should do is make ESRB ratings enforced. I.e: a Mature game for 17+ requires ID for the younger looking crowd. That is a solution I could live with. If you're under 17, just get mom or dad or your brother or your friends brother to go get the game :)

(¯`·._)
06-25-2002, 10:59 AM
THE ARTICLE IS FAKE, IT WAS WRITTEN BY AN IMPOSTER,

IT IS NOT REAL....CANADA HAS LOOSER CENSORSHIP LAWS THAN AMERICA, READ MY POST ABOVE FOR AN EXPLANATION

Please quit referring to this news as if it was real

Thank you

Magnum Blast
06-25-2002, 11:56 AM
Yeah movies up here in Canada pretty much need to have nudity to get rated 18+ up here.

faceoff508
06-25-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by (¯`·._)
THE ARTICLE IS FAKE, IT WAS WRITTEN BY AN IMPOSTER,

IT IS NOT REAL....CANADA HAS LOOSER CENSORSHIP LAWS THAN AMERICA, READ MY POST ABOVE FOR AN EXPLANATION

Please quit referring to this news as if it was real

Thank you

Its not fake1 What makes you think its fake!!

Dre
06-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Its not fake1 What makes you think its fake!!

What makes you think its real though. Who is this Nonny character and why can't he cite his sources. A link to a press release or something similar is needed at least. Can't believe everything you read

Magnum Blast
06-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Well if it somehow is true (and I doubt it is) how many Canadians here feel like taking a vaction to Ottawa to help protest this in front of Parliment. We just need to find a space to protest because the area in front of the parliment buildings is always filled with other protesters.

Shorezy
06-25-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

What about PS2 owners, they cant play GTA3 anymore!! Or Project Ego, you wont play that becuase it will be "violent"

Arn't you just ASSUMING they won't be able to play GTA 3. i don't remember the article specifically singleing out GTA 3. I THINK they're talking about games like RESIDENT EVIL. I just think your assuming too much man.

Dre
06-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Magnum Blast
Well if it somehow is true (and I doubt it is) how many Canadians here feel like taking a vaction to Ottawa to help protest this in front of Parliment. We just need to find a space to protest because the area in front of the parliment buildings is always filled with other protesters.

Hey dude, whereabouts in Ottawa you from? You go to school? University?

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:13 PM
Haha, must suck to be Canadian...

Aw, who am I kidding, PA probably sucks more... http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Sleazy P Martini
06-25-2002, 01:20 PM
Being Canadian rules. We have good healthcare and better beer.

pounder
06-25-2002, 01:46 PM
thats a bunch of crap..even if it was true..which it isn't..don't you think you could order games from the states just the same..wouldn't make a bit of difference to me..plus if they were going to ban games for "the bettering of our youth"..dont you think they would attack movies, and TV shows alike? games just don't have that much impact when your lookign at special effects on the TV screen with real people doing it..what a load of BS.

Carnage
06-25-2002, 01:54 PM
heh if this goes through, im movin to the states :p

Snoopy7548
06-25-2002, 01:56 PM
i hope they make a game where you kill every prick in congress, god i hate those bastards, lol.:D

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 02:10 PM
Well, the better beer pert is true...but its not like they dont sell Labatt Blue down here, eh? :D

Young_Fledgling
06-25-2002, 02:18 PM
i swear to god if that happens i will start up a protest in front of the prime ministers office saying that it is not games that affect kids it is their stupid alcholic parents who do not watch them or give a crap about them.... i swear parents should have to go through tests before they have a kid some are so incredibly retarded no wonder crap like this happens.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 02:20 PM
you can blame the store employees for not enforcing the rules...cant sell M rated games to minors...do they care? nope.

pounder
06-25-2002, 03:12 PM
but what % alcohol is your labatt blue down there?

Liquid Gears
06-25-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm not worried.

Hickboy
06-25-2002, 05:30 PM
It isn't gonna happen. Not in a million years, sure Wal-Mart can ban GTA3 all they want, but stores like Microplay and EB will be able to get them for you on a whim.

They tried to pull this crap in the past but it didn't fly. Nor will it now.

Nerrad529
06-25-2002, 06:35 PM
That is really hurtin how they gonna ban games on ya?

Snoopy7548
06-25-2002, 06:39 PM
just order them offline and say youre like 21 or something, lol

pounder
06-25-2002, 07:49 PM
so is that article saying they are banning games for all of canada..or just under age kids? cus that would be straight up *** if they banned em totally..lol i still think its junk though.

Jon27
06-25-2002, 08:06 PM
Being canadain doesnt rule, we have a retard in power, our taxes are outragous, our medicares a joke, our dollar isnt worth anything, our criminal system is horrible, our army has become a joke because of Jeans cut backs, the Liberals are a total disgrace, and bring shame to us every day, we used to be some sort of a figure in terms of the world, now because of PM Jean we are nothing.

All we have left is our good beer, and our lacks censorship laws,

You want Canada to be a good country again? Vote or get your parents to vote for the Canadian alliance.

Lets get our electorial, parlamentry, criminal, and immigration systems fix, Put ethics back into the government lower taxes, eliminate government waste, decrimilize pot and restore this country to what it should be.

Now about this FAKE article.

Nonny ripped the fake story from the xboxxtreme.net forums , if you want to see why we know it is fake you can go to the forums look at the link to the artical in a post and figure it out for yourselves. If you dont want to do that at least stop talking about it like it is fact

Thank you

-Happy gaming

PS the article is just saying that they would ban AO games and some Ms to come pushing the limits, BUT IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE IT ISNT REAL!

Magnum Blast
06-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Oh what do we need a military for. We just let everyone else fight for us and we send down the SS Tim Hortons whenever a war breaks out. Well I really don't care about who gets into power anymore because I really don't believe it will do aything. I'll still vote though because I do not want the PC in power. God after what they did to Ontario I don't want them having any more power then they do.

(¯`·._)
06-26-2002, 08:22 AM
look at what the liberals have done to us now! I do not want the Liberals in power. God after what they did to Canada I don't want them having any more power then they do.
btw the article is FAKE dont consider it as real...

pounder
06-26-2002, 01:15 PM
yeah our government may be a joke..but i wouldnt want to live any other country then here..just because our government blows..doenst mean Canada does..

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 01:38 PM
yea, like canada has canadian bacon and hockey. those are the 2 best things about canada. lol:D

Did someone forget about Maple Syrup??

And E, you CAN'T go to the US to buy a game and leave...well not legally. You obviously have never been to canada, especially Post-9/11. It takes a good 30 minutes in line waiting for them just to investigate everyones car and make sure there are no bombs or anything illegal underneath it and hidden in your vehicle. You cant *legally* go to the states, buy a game and leave. Except for all of the taxes involved with import fees and tariffs and whatever else I'm sure you could get in real big trouble if you got cought without telling them. Probably a fine for a first offender, but thats still not worth the trouble. Not only that you need 2 forms of ID just to get into canada and I'm sure it is the same the other way around. You also would need a good enough reason to tell the border patrol why you are crossing. Because you want to buy a game will probably seem a little fishy to them.

pounder
06-26-2002, 04:54 PM
hehe canadian bacon..is ham :D

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 05:13 PM
they brought us terrance and phillip! and always remeber to just...BLAME CANADA!

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 06:04 PM
and u know how they got the name canada? C eh? N eh? D eh? hahahah, ive used that joke like 20 times, but its still funny. lol:D :)

Jon27
06-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Canada is still a good counrty right now, but how long will we be able to say that, think of the children man. Look at how much canada has gone down just in the 90s, thats what liberal rule does for you. We need reform in all aspect of of public systems.

It will make a difference if the Alliance makes it in, do you know their policies? They are all based on fixing the mess ups of Jean and Ben. Thats why the reform was founded! everyone was ****ed at the PC! If the alliance makes it in **** will be changed, and sytems reformed and most things will be good again.

PS good for you for voting against the PC, thets get Eves the hell out of there!

Magnum Blast
06-26-2002, 07:55 PM
Seriously I don't know how Harris was able to stay in office so long. That idiot didn't get out of office until he retired. Oh and when you said Jean and Ben you ment Jean and Brian right?

Sleazy P Martini
06-26-2002, 08:06 PM
Oh yeah Canada sucks so bad....:rolleyes: The government gave me $20,000 dollars (that I don't have to pay back) to go to school when my plant shut down. If it wasn't for their help, I'd be stuck in a dead end job forever. So now I don't feel so bad when I'm taxed.

Jon27
06-26-2002, 10:40 PM
yeah sorry i ment brian i just got his dumb kid's name mixed up.

What qulification did you met to get the 20 000.

plus is that 20 000 worth it when Whitmore is released again and rapes your little brother this time?

E-Xbox
06-26-2002, 10:46 PM
hmm...
this is some interesting news.....
but u could still go to the states..buy the banned game..
then bring it back to canada...and play it...
i hope it doesnt get too strict tho..

peace

Sleazy P Martini
06-27-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Jon27
What qulification did you met to get the 20 000.

plus is that 20 000 worth it when Whitmore is released again and rapes your little brother this time?

I was in the window manufacturing industry. But because of so many people in it with seniority, I was guaranteed a layoff every winter. So I applied at HRD and I had to do a bunch of research on schools and a few interviews. And I qualified. As far as Whitmore goes.....the system is far from perfect I'll agree. But complaining about it or making up hypothetical situations won't help anything.

Jon27
06-27-2002, 08:06 AM
how will complaining about it not help.

Even if the liberals stay in things might be changed if the general public starts complaining, thats how the liberals always work, they only change something when the uninformed citizen starts complaining, and they buy their vote.

The liberals are very highly skilled polititians, which is the problem we need to get them out of there and put in ppl statesmen, ppl who want to be a polititian to make canada a better place not ppl who serve because it is the highest paying job they could get.

Whatever guys, im just trying to think of the children.

Im done

Jon

Toonz
06-27-2002, 12:36 PM
I have seen many Newspaper articles on this matter and the facts are not exactly right. From the 4-5 articles I read they only want to prevent younger kids from buying them and they will simply institute a useless ID system. Games won't be banned but rather you need ID to get rated "M" ones. Even if they start this it won' last anyways. They tried it with music for a bit putting all Parental Advisory Stuff behind the counter but the music store I worked at didn't even bother lol. I can't even find a music store that does that anyways anymore.