PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever play Phantasy Star??

OppiumNitrates
06-25-2002, 09:56 AM
Never played it and i was thinking since it is the first MMORPG to be releases when XBL is out theres a great chance i will pick this title up and i wanted to know how it is . . . so if u have played it, any descriptions of the game would be nice . .. . . wepons, characters, fighting (turn based?), does each player controle 1 guy or a group of people, story line . . . any of these or anything else about the game that i might have left out. . . . thankx in advance . . .

JJaX
06-25-2002, 10:07 AM
Ive beaten phantasy star on my sega master system and PSII on genesis. And these were set in some fantasy future realm, It was cool.

But as far as PSO ive never played it. If your gonna get into a MMORPG id wait for star wars galaxies. Thats gonna be insane!!!

i plan on training to be a SITH...........
Then more SITH will join me.................
Then i will rule the world! BWHAHAHAHAHA *cough* HEhehe *hack*................

Yannie Boy
06-25-2002, 10:50 AM
I play it before for dreamcast i forget but i think it is turn based but YOU the player control one person. The main idea is to form a group consisting of other players and go through missions together. it's better to have a group because if you go by your self theres a chance you will die if your not experienced. This game is the best game i know that depends on you to form a group maybe of friends or of strangers. ohhhh yeah you get to customize your character head to toe. it was good on dreamcast it must be better for xboz and xbox live. it's gonna be sweet

Dre
06-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
I play it before for dreamcast i forget but i think it is turn based but YOU the player control one person. The main idea is to form a group consisting of other players and go through missions together. it's better to have a group because if you go by your self theres a chance you will die if your not experienced. This game is the best game i know that depends on you to form a group maybe of friends or of strangers. ohhhh yeah you get to customize your character head to toe. it was good on dreamcast it must be better for xboz and xbox live. it's gonna be sweet

Sounds cool. Us XBA'ers our going to have to team up together for this one to have even more fun!

Yannie Boy
06-25-2002, 11:09 AM
yeah that would be sweet. ohh it the came there was this chat room type of place and sonic and tails were there to annouce there new game that was comming out but that was a while ago.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Ive played Phantasy Star II for genesis. I used to have it until someone stole it! But i have dreamcast and for some strange reason i nevr picked up phantasy star online. i thought about buying it but since the sega online ended and its coming to xbox ididnt. I still buy dreamcast games (go ahead laugh) and i got HoTD 2 and a lighgun about a month ago.

studepaber
06-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
I play it before for dreamcast i forget but i think it is turn based but YOU the player control one person.

Nononooooo all fighting was in realtime. This was by far one of the most addicting games online that I've ever played, both PC and console (although the gameshark cheats abd thieves deterred from teh overall experience. This game will rock when XBL arrives. I don't care if the PSO world is more limited than the likes of Everquest and UO. It's just a great experience online, as well as offline now that it will include 4 player splitscreen. :D

azmodan
06-26-2002, 02:35 PM
heh i just played phantasy star 4 for about 30 mins i didnt really like it....