PDA

View Full Version : Xbox functionality question!



Spaztic
06-25-2002, 12:51 PM
I am going to flordia on vacation. Me and my girl are going to drive down, which is going to be a 20 hr. trip. I want to play my xbox in the car! Does anyone know if there is sometype of outlet or device that will allow me to plug in my tv and xbox so I can play it in my car?

Snake Eyez
06-25-2002, 12:58 PM
There has to be because you see rich people that have their Xboxes being played in their car. Why couldn't you use a converter that plugs into the lighter and provides 110 volt power.

Snoopy7548
06-25-2002, 01:21 PM
yea, they cost like 100 bucks at radioshack i think, lol

Spaztic
06-25-2002, 03:17 PM
ok found what I need it is called a dc/ac inverter. Does anyone know how many watts should I get to run my xbox and tv? How many watts are in a normal outlet in your house?

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 03:18 PM
ac/dc adapter? do they have Metallica adapters also?:p

squid413
06-25-2002, 03:24 PM
Go and get a 300 watt invertor. They're like $70 at Best Buy and they work great. Hope this helps.

UltimateAg
06-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Watts are the amount of energy consumed per unit time. If you want to know the wattage required just figure out how many watts your xbox+tv run at. I quick check on xbox.com in the manuals states that the xbox runs at 100 watts. So add the wattage required by your tv (should be in the manual or on the back) and then add an additional say 10% for the surge when you turn your stuff on. For example, 100w(xbox) + 100w(tv) +20w=220 Watts. Also be sure you turn them on 1 at a time and give them a couple of seconds before you turn on the next device.

Snoopy7548
06-25-2002, 03:44 PM
lol, ac/dc rules!

Felon
06-25-2002, 03:45 PM
So your gonna make your girl drive most of the way? Dumb@ss.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 03:58 PM
I dun like AC/DC...im more of a Slayer, Iced Earth, Testament, Pìssing Razors kind of person myself...

Spaztic
06-25-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Felon
So your gonna make your girl drive most of the way? Dumb@ss.

dumbass? Fuc U!

Snoopy7548
06-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I dun like AC/DC...im more of a Slayer, Iced Earth, Testament, Pìssing Razors kind of person myself...

how can u not like ac/dc? lol, theyre soooo awesome:D

Shorezy
06-25-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez
There has to be because you see rich people that have their Xboxes being played in their car. Why couldn't you use a converter that plugs into the lighter and provides 110 volt power.

That's what I use (a car-110 converter) but both my cars have mini LCDs. A T.V. in a car may be a bit of a hassel, depending on it's size. Hope you find a way!

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548


how can u not like ac/dc? lol, theyre soooo awesome:D


I take it you never heard Testament, or Iced Earth...huh?

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 11:43 AM
lol, nope. are they any good?

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by halo_11


That's what I use (a car-110 converter) but both my cars have mini LCDs. A T.V. in a car may be a bit of a hassel, depending on it's size. Hope you find a way!

yeah I know what you mean! I have like a little 25 inch tv that will fit perfectly in my car! This is going to be cool!

Snake Eyez
06-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Let me know it the thing from best buy works for you. This will summer vacations a lot more interesting.