PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Bug?

symposiumx
06-25-2002, 01:11 PM
Lastnight I was playing Morrowind (as usual) :)

I saved my game..and then decided to slaughter the town before bedtime (I find that it helps me have a peaceful nights sleep) <evil smirk>

ANYWAY....

I killed the armorer in Balmora, and then picked up all the items on him (talking like a BUTTLOAD of stuff...I've sold him sets upon sets of armor, weapons, etc).

all of a sudden it says 'saving" (shows the saving thingy) and then pops up this message saying "Disc dirty or unreadable, please hit A" <---or something similar.
then i hit A, and it popps me out to the introduction.

I turned off the Xbox at that point and ran to bed crying, where I proceeded to have bad dreams of loosing all my glorious Morrowind moments.

joking aside...this is 100% true....does anyone have a clue what happened? if you are TOO over-encumbered does that F*CK the game up?

Dre
06-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
Lastnight I was playing Morrowind (as usual) :)

I saved my game..and then decided to slaughter the town before bedtime (I find that it helps me have a peaceful nights sleep) <evil smirk>

ANYWAY....

I killed the armorer in Balmora, and then picked up all the items on him (talking like a BUTTLOAD of stuff...I've sold him sets upon sets of armor, weapons, etc).

all of a sudden it says 'saving" (shows the saving thingy) and then pops up this message saying "Disc dirty or unreadable, please hit A" <---or something similar.
then i hit A, and it popps me out to the introduction.

I turned off the Xbox at that point and ran to bed crying, where I proceeded to have bad dreams of loosing all my glorious Morrowind moments.

joking aside...this is 100% true....does anyone have a clue what happened? if you are TOO over-encumbered does that F*CK the game up?

I've gotten the dirty disc error a couple of times, usually when I've forgotten to save in the last 45-60 minutes. Its so irritating. I hope they come out with a patch for this game when Xbox live gets here or even better, put it on the OXM disc.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:17 PM
That used to happen to me...it happened maybe 3 or 4 times and it stopped. When you load your game, you will see a save file called Restore...but the other regular save game file that you saved before killing people should still be there.

symposiumx
06-25-2002, 01:27 PM
thank you jesus , satan and elder gods....

I guess it was jsut a coincidence....

yeah...i try to not kill too many people YET...but once I have 'beaten' the game...side quests, etc....I might kill everyone....

"3,345 heads on the wall...3,345....take one down , pass it around...3,344 heads on the wall"

then again..I might let that irritating lil ***** "Fargoth" live....so he can run around frantic watching me butchering everyone...while I taunt him with his crummy enchanted ring....even better, I might set the ring in the middle of the town and wait for him to come get it (liek a baited trap)...then spring from my hiding spot and prompley rip his guts out...MU HA HA HA

too bad we cant be THAT creative in morrowing *sigh*

note to self: start seeking professional help :)

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:52 PM
I started an angry guard collection in the river in Balmora last night... :cool:

symposiumx
06-25-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I started an angry guard collection in the river in Balmora last night... :cool:

are they alive or dead?

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Well it would be kind of hard to be angry if they were dead...of course they are alive. I taunt them, run to the water and jump in...then they jump in after me and i levitate up and walk away peacefully.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:13 PM
lol. i accidenly did that b4. i was killing guards and then there was like 8 of coming after me and i ahd to run and i fell in the river and died because my dood couldnt swim fst enough.....actually thats not really the same thing. I wish you could drag bodies. I would write my name in bodies.You can write you name with forks and knives tho.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 02:15 PM
How do you write your name? can you only write on paper, or anything at all? And how do I write on paper?

monkeyman
06-25-2002, 02:16 PM
Well it would be kind of hard to be angry if they were dead...of course they are alive. I taunt them, run to the water and jump in...then they jump in after me and i levitate up and walk away peacefully.

hahahaha thats great im gonna try that:D

symposiumx
06-25-2002, 02:18 PM
if you could drag/move bodies, then I'd take Forgoth's (the wood elf) body, paint it up liek a ventruloquist dummy, stick my hand up his arse, and enteratin all of Sheeda Neen.

off topic....

how does levitaion work? how do you control how high you float up?

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:21 PM
How do you write your name? can you only write on paper, or anything at all? And how do I write on paper?
i mean just take forks and place them so it say ur name. there are quills in the game but i dont think u can writeon papaer, i could be wrong........

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
how does levitaion work? how do you control how high you float up?
Its just like flying a banhsee.

symposiumx
06-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

Its just like flying a banhsee.

lol

seriously..how does it work....I use levitate, and walk...but i'm only like 1/2 foot off the freakin' ground....do i hit jump or what??

I move slower that a scorpion tank also when i levitate....might as well stick 10 ton weights up my pooper.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:41 PM
o lol. u need a better levitate. theres a scroll i use whenever i find one that turns u inviso 60 se and lets u levitate 500pts. i go flying thru the air like a banshee withought all the cool sounds and lasers.i think the scroll is called scroll of windform but im not 110% sure.

Dre
06-25-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
o lol. u need a better levitate. theres a scroll i use whenever i find one that turns u inviso 60 se and lets u levitate 500pts. i go flying thru the air like a banshee withought all the cool sounds and lasers.i think the scroll is called scroll of windform but im not 110% sure.

Scroll of Windwalking?

And ya.. if you want to go up while you are levitating then just look up.. look down to go down. You'll "fly" whereever you are looking.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:47 PM
like i said b4 ufly it like a bansee.