PDA

View Full Version : Factions

Dulacc
06-25-2002, 02:37 PM
Can somebody give me a count or a list of factions in the game? My goodness, I think I've joined them all, and then I find another.

I know I probably shouldn't have joined everyone I found, but oh well.

Dre
06-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Dulacc
Can somebody give me a count or a list of factions in the game? My goodness, I think I've joined them all, and then I find another.

I know I probably shouldn't have joined everyone I found, but oh well.

I'll start, people can add those I forget or fuk up

Mages, Thieves, Fighters, Imperial legion, monks/temple (name?), Morag Tong, House Hlaalu, House Redoran, House Telvanni, Blades

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 03:00 PM
imperial cult,quarrabloodline ,berne bloodline,anthe bloodline(or whatever its called),commoda tong,and you can only join one bloodline(well actually your chosen to a bloodline) and you can only join one house,i think there are a few more too i just cant remeber now ,and the temple dre was talkin about is called tribunal temple

Dre
06-25-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
imperial cult,quarrabloodline ,berne bloodline,anthe bloodline(or whatever its called),commoda tong,and you can only join one bloodline(well actually your chosen to a bloodline) and you can only join one house,i think there are a few more too i just cant remeber now ,and the temple dre was talkin about is called tribunal temple

Those bloodline things are the vampire clans right? Where did you get bit? How does it all happen?

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 03:22 PM
it depends on who bites you. vampires hang in tombs,caves,and ruins and theres 3 clan houses. for example hlalu ancestral tomb (not even a real tomb just naming a example) has berne vampires in it. you might get bit while figting them and catch a disease that adds to your fatique. you go and think "yea this disease rulz" and you have three days to cure it. if not you will have a dream and you wake up a vampire, your face has changed and your eyes are white. all your skills have dramatically increased and each clan has their own stats. you haveresistance to poision and disease 100% and resistance to normal weapons 50%.and you have sun damage 5 points for every second. every time u sleep you have nighmares and after so many u will get clues in your dreams of how to cure yourself. you get a new spell called vampire touch whitch is the only way to get health back.you dont heal when u sleep but if you hit x to heal you get your magika back. there are 17 vampire quests 3 clan only quests.you must find your clan base and complete one quest before they finally accept you into their bloodline. you get 30 points added to strength willpower etc and some are clan specific like berne get 20 added for security because they are thives. everone hates you except mages guild and telvanni.mages guild doesnt like you they just dont hate you. they wont sell to you or anything. and telvanii want to experiment on you. anyone u see screams vampire,most people just attack you which makes it pretty hard to do quests unless they are vampire quests or mages or tevlvanii quests.but you an still do other quests, its just harder.i think that vampires have a couple other thingsi dont remeber. Its awesome being a vampire except for the fact that everyone hates you. I hope this helps.

SlightlySycho
06-25-2002, 03:42 PM
Can you cure yourself before you become a vampire? And if so, how?

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 03:44 PM
once u get the disease that adds 1 to your fatigue every second cure it with a curecommon disease potion or scroll.

Alien
06-25-2002, 04:18 PM
Is being a Vampire really really good? Worth giving up like everything you have workes so hard to get and then turn into a superplayer Vampire??

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Dont do it just because i said. Youd dont lose everything but u lose everyones liking towards you and you shouldnt talk to someone unless you want to kill them. I tried a few scrolls on the silt strider guyin gnisis and he still wouldnt transport me! Its imposible for transport. And it is bad if your scared of the dark cuz thats the only time ull be outside unless you can make a cure for sunlight which is extrmemly hard ,but possible says bethesda. Once your done being a vampire you can go back doing your business with your clans and the main quest. The bad thing though is betesda made itso if you wear a helm ppl still no ur a vampire. But yes vampires are very strong. My crossbow marksman skill was 26 or something and i killed the whole town of gnisis (i went in all the taverns,houses,etc.) with a crossbow with 117 iron arrows and 100 silver arrows and my fists. It was funny when i had a whole tavern after me and there was like 16 people and i killed the majority of them and i took 3 guards and a commoner at the same time with no armor and i barely got a scratch! When your a vampire your your skills go up and my acrobatics went up 30 and it was usualy 60 sum and it was awesome, i could jump rooftops.

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 09:11 AM
Ok here is being a vampire:
it depends on who bites you. vampires hang in tombs,caves,and ruins and theres 3 clan houses. for example hlalu ancestral tomb (not even a real tomb just naming a example) has berne vampires in it. you might get bit while figting them and catch a disease that adds to your fatique. you go and think "yea this disease rulz" and you have three days to cure it. if not you will have a dream and you wake up a vampire, your face has changed and your eyes are white. all your skills have dramatically increased and each clan has their own stats. you have resistance to poision and disease 100% and resistance to normal weapons 50% and weakness to fire 50%.and you have sun damage 5 points for every second. every time u sleep you have nightmares and after so many u will get clues in your dreams of how to cure yourself. you get a new spell called vampire touch whitch is the only way to get health back.you dont heal when u sleep but if you hit x to heal you get your magika back. there are 17 vampire quests 3 clan only quests.you must find your clan base and complete one quest before they finally accept you into their bloodline. you get 30 points added to strength willpower etc and some are clan specific like berne get 20 added for security because they are thives. everone hates you except mages guild and telvanni.mages guild doesnt like you they just dont hate you. they wont sell to you or anything. and telvanii want to experiment on you. anyone u see screams vampire,most people just attack you which makes it pretty hard to do quests unless they are vampire quests or mages or tevlvanii quests.but you an still do other quests, its just harder.i think that vampires have a couple other things i dont remeber. Its awesome being a vampire except for the fact that everyone hates you. I hope this helps.

Dulacc
06-26-2002, 09:27 AM
Okay, the vampire stuff is kind of cool(got a little off-topic, but whatever).

Now, for my next question:

I know a lot of the guilds and factions war on each other, forcing you to chose sides. However, are there any combinations of Factions/guilds that don't conflict at any time(in other words: could I completely finish all quests and advancements in two or more guilds and remain in good standing with each?)?

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Yes some guilds actually are allies like the mages and fighters guild. And most of their guild houses are right next to another clan. SO yes it is possible to complete some guild quests withought getting expelled from another faction. If you get prophecies it has charts like this one:

Imperial Legion
Faction Reaction:
_Enemy_ _Hostile_ _Friendly_
Ashlanders Temple Mages Guild
Camonna Tong House Telvanni House Hlalu
Clan Aunsae Theives Guild House Redoran
Clan Berne Clan Quarra

There are a couple more subjects like beloved ally,ally,and hated enemy but i didnt have room to type it all.

azmodan
06-28-2002, 01:06 PM
hey i have a quesiton for anyone who is in telvanni house i joined them and i had to get a patron to advance more so i got one i am now a wizard in telvanni my patron is the guy in tel vos and the FIRST quest he gives me he says 'I hear the the queen of this eggmine has blight disease' so when i ask about eggmine he says 'Oh so you killed the queen.. well check back in a few days and see if the queen respawned' thing is he doesnt tell me where the eggmine is or anything and i have been to the eggmine and killed the queen but i dont remmeber when or where it was and i dont remember the name of the mine either... so anyone who has gotten that same quest help me plz :)

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Hit white button, check your journal.