PDA

View Full Version : xbox modchip

Leon_1985
06-25-2002, 05:04 PM
http://www.mod-chip.com/images/finalxbig.jpg

The latest advance in modchip technology!

Features:

Only 29 Easy To Solder Wires

All Backups of XBOX games will boot flawlessly

All Import Original XBOX games will boot flawlessly

Boots games from ALL release groups - not just some of them

NEW No-Patch Hack - boots all games without any patches

All online gaming possibilities tested with no spy issues

Compatible with CDR/CDRWDVDR/DVDRW

Can use cheap unbranded general purpose DVDR media

Universal design that works on all models from all regions (USA/JAP/PAL)

Manual switching of kernels for stability

All wiring points are VERY easy - no IC's to solder to - all presoldered pads.

Modified XBE's and custom code can boot

Macrovision Removed (Copy your DVD films to VCR - including region 1 to PAL VCR)

Multiple Region DVD Dongles can be used (XBOX normally locks onto 1 region)

Future custom software is being worked on -ALL to be released for free

Low Power Consumption (only 3.25 volts)

Our Price:
US$ 79, € 83, CAD 121, AUD$ 138, GBP 53, CHF 120

Play whatever you want on your Xbox, and get games for free.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH mines been done

Hickboy
06-25-2002, 05:26 PM
That one looks a lot more simplistic to use then the previous release. The best one will be when they do as they have done on the POS1 and 2 and just have the modchip plug right into the memory port. No Muss No Fuss :D

Snoopy7548
06-25-2002, 06:44 PM
yea, when they have the external ones, im gonna buy one sooo fast. lol:D

UnitedKingdom
06-26-2002, 03:59 AM
Where did you get it from Leon_1985, did you buy it off the net or was it from a shop. I'm very interested in getting one of these so I can import US games but I was going to wait a whille for the technology to mature a bit. Had any problems with it????

Dar
06-26-2002, 07:56 AM
I don't believe in modchips. It's things like this that drive the already high cost of videogaming even higher. Most game developers are small companies who only have a few projects going. The more games that are bootlegged, the more these businesses struggle. Next thing you know you complain that there are no good games. That's because you've driven a lot of developers out of the business. Suck it up and pay the $50 for a game. It's better for the health of the system in the long run.

Dre
06-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Dar
I don't believe in modchips. It's things like this that drive the already high cost of videogaming even higher. Most game developers are small companies who only have a few projects going. The more games that are bootlegged, the more these businesses struggle. Next thing you know you complain that there are no good games. That's because you've driven a lot of developers out of the business. Suck it up and pay the $50 for a game. It's better for the health of the system in the long run.

I agree, but I still think want a modchip. Why? So I can play mp3's and divx on my xbox. So I can use emulators on my xbox and play stuff from other systems. If the xbox is superior technology wise, whats stopping someone from writing code that'll emulate a PS2. Heck, we might finally see GTA3 on Xbox afterall :)

mahalan
06-26-2002, 08:23 AM
$50 for the game???

A lot of the games are now sub $30. At places like doublediscount.com and bestprices.com you can also find games marked down more than 15% from other stores. This means all that great Xbox action is available for $20-$40.

Why would anyone want a modchip?

Dre
06-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by mahalan
Why would anyone want a modchip?

*points to his post right above Mahalan's original*

:D

Leon_1985
06-26-2002, 01:05 PM
i got mine done of a friend who chips xboxs for people and does games as well and YES it does work fine the games i have copyed r wwf raw, hunter and morrowind.

Dre
06-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Leon_1985
games i have copyed r wwf raw, hunter and morrowind.

I agree with the overall consensus on this board that people like you suck. End of discussion.

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 02:16 PM
i have like 175 burned psx games, does that mean i suck? and you probly pirate stuff too. just by downloading mp3's, youre pirating music:D :)

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 02:33 PM
Alot of people here are some stupid fucts! They say they don't agree with pirating and then have a couple gigs of mp3's! I wouldn't really wouldn't say he sucks Dre (sounds more like jelousy), because he is going to have every single xbox game he wants for less then 1\50th of the cost to buy the game....does that suck, yes if you can't do it yourself! Is it right to do....well no, but who really cares? I sure as hell don't! I don't have any pirated games at this moment because honestly there arn't enough good games out for me to even purchase, yet alone burn. So if you are going to ***** about anything, ***** about the lack of any quality games comming out!

Dre
06-26-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i have like 175 burned psx games, does that mean i suck? and you probly pirate stuff too. just by downloading mp3's, youre pirating music:D :)

Yes, that means you suck too :)

seriously though, you need to give a console the chance to establish itself before you start exploiting it in such a manner that could cause so many problems for game developers, etc. I'm totally for modding the Xbox to give it extra functionality, but I'm very much against using that technology to pirate games. I work/study in the hi-tech industry and I must say that I'd be pretty p!ssed off if something I worked hard on was getting spread around the place for free while I wasn't getting a penny for it.

And FYI, no I do not pirate mp3s. I listen to online radio and the rest of the time I'll get mp3's from indie bands from sites like mp3.com where the artists get paid for my dl.

I'm not 15 anymore though.. I'm 22. When I was younger, ya.. I had a pirated version of every PC game I could get my hands on and don't even get me talking about Windows licenses :)

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 02:45 PM
yea, but the ps2 was hacked so fast, and its doing really well. the ps1 was hacked too, and it was really successful

Dre
06-26-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
yea, but the ps2 was hacked so fast, and its doing really well. the ps1 was hacked too, and it was really successful

Yes, but how many people own a PS2 or PS1. Ok, now contrast that with the number of peeps that own an XBOX.

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Yes, that means you suck too :)

seriously though, you need to give a console the chance to establish itself before you start exploiting it in such a manner that could cause so many problems for game developers, etc. I'm totally for modding the Xbox to give it extra functionality, but I'm very much against using that technology to pirate games. I work/study in the hi-tech industry and I must say that I'd be pretty p!ssed off if something I worked hard on was getting spread around the place for free while I wasn't getting a penny for it.

And FYI, no I do not pirate mp3s. I listen to online radio and the rest of the time I'll get mp3's from indie bands from sites like mp3.com where the artists get paid for my dl.

I'm not 15 anymore though.. I'm 22. When I was younger, ya.. I had a pirated version of every PC game I could get my hands on and don't even get me talking about Windows licenses :)

I agree with you!! I modded my xbox to remove macromedia, and have the ability to play mp3's, divx, and svcd! Also m$ is making a progam that will enable you to play movies off your computer's hd and have then display on your tv, via the xbox!!!! SWEET!

CodeMonkey
06-26-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

I agree with you!! I modded my xbox to remove macromedia, and have the ability to play mp3's, divx, and svcd! Also m$ is making a progam that will enable you to play movies off your computer's hd and have then display on your tv, via the xbox!!!! SWEET!

12 wire MOD is due out soon that should allow u to do this...
:D

Dre
06-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Also m$ is making a progam that will enable you to play movies off your computer's hd and have then display on your tv, via the xbox!!!! SWEET!

I hadn't heard of this. Would you have a link to that info? It was my impression that MS wasn't too enthusiastic about the whole modchip scene. Will this program work without a modchip? Because that would be sweet.. it would also mean that they could make mp3's play on your xbox through your computers hd based on the same technology. All without a mod chip which means more money for games :D

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Dre

I hadn't heard of this. Would you have a link to that info? It was my impression that MS wasn't too enthusiastic about the whole modchip scene. Will this program work without a modchip? Because that would be sweet.. it would also mean that they could make mp3's play on your xbox through your computers hd based on the same technology. All without a mod chip which means more money for games :D

I read they were just having a survey to see if people would be interested in something like this, nothing really offical, if I find the source I will post it, but if they do make the program you won't need the chip! Also it might be for that tivo xbox deal that they are going to come out with in a year!

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 03:25 PM
http://news.com.com/2100-1040-938990.html

for the article about xbox and digital cable/bigger hd deal

mahalan
06-26-2002, 03:41 PM
Sorry for missing your original post, Dre, but seems we were posting at the same time so it wasn't up then. I still wonder why anyone would want this mod for anything other than playing pirated games. I've got other equipment for playing music that blows the Xbox away. Why use it for an MP3 player? As for DIVX, where is that technology still used? I thought it died a couple of years ago.

Now for copying. It's stealing. It's the moral equivalent of shoplifting. This is true for pirating games or copying music. People who do this are increasing the costs for the rest of us since publishers have to get paid to do their jobs. If any of you know anyone who's doing this, I recommend you turn them in. For that matter, I'm assuming this website logs IP addresses. I'd STRONGLY recommend that the webmaster contacts the publishers of games and Microsoft and tells them the IP address of anyone here who admits to pirating software.

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 04:05 PM
It will cost m$ to much to charge someone that pirates games then it is worth. I am sure they are targeting the people that are serving the games, and hosting the chip selling sites! Enigmah-x was shutdown today! Obviously they aren't doing a good job because I haven't seen any of the hosting servers get busted yet! Being a tattle-tale on the people on this site is also a stupid idea, and who is honestly going to do all that work. Mahalan, I understand where you are comming from, but lets not get to extreme! This isn't some scheme that is going to end the world! Besides the main forum on the internet about hacking the xbox and burning the games is www.isonews.com, which is kinda ironic since it is owned by M$!

mahalan
06-26-2002, 04:53 PM
I've got a company and you know what? When someone steals from it, we'll spend MUCH more prosecuting them than the amount they stole. Why? Because it teaches others that they shouldn't steal from us. I'd bet Microsoft's willing to do the same.

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 05:05 PM
I just don't feel it is worth the trouble, that is all! I don't really care since I don't own any pirated games!

Leon_1985
06-26-2002, 05:49 PM
i thought some people might be jealous and i was right.

dave_m123
06-26-2002, 07:27 PM
Like another poster said its quite amusing when some people take this hard stance against copying games yet they will most likely have some copied films or a lot of mp3's.

spy_spirit
06-26-2002, 10:05 PM
do someone know if we can play VCDs (video cd) on a CDr - with the modchip; cuz I do my own vcds and I really want to play it on my xbox!.

Xbox Masta 4
06-26-2002, 10:14 PM
Sorry I just skimmed through this thread, so if you already asked this, sorry! Isn't it against rules to talk about this? I'm just askin? Oh and I don't recommend getting the soddered one, they always screw your system up, and the people that sell it damaged about 100 billion systems, lol! Plus it would ruin warranty! You should saw PS2 one of mod-chip it is small as heck, probably a lil bigger than your thumb nail. and had to sodder it and on modchip with lil wires. Wait for ones without sodder. I'm not telling you to get one, but if you buy the soddered one, and you think you can sodder, and if you make the tiniest mistake your screwed! Oh and if you want to find the site out just go to pic and look on the properties(mod-chip.com). Also they are Illegal in the US and other places. Once again I am not telling you to get one, and I'm not responsible if you get one, cuz I'm not getting in trouble!

Spaztic
06-27-2002, 10:46 AM
DRE here is that info on ms making the app to hookup to your computer!

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-927559.html

Dre
06-27-2002, 03:16 PM
DRE here is that info on ms making the app to hookup to your computer!

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-927559.html

K, thanks Shaggy! (I'd missed this until you posted in the other thread). I filled out the survey that is mentioned in the article and I think I can help clarify a bit here. The intention was to have a pc (called NewPC in the survey) at 1500$ USD. With a 30$ addon you could connect your newPC to the Xbox and stream mp3's and video straight from that pc.

I don't think there is mention of actual standalone software to play movies and mp3's unfortunately :(