PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite skill?

sholmes983
06-25-2002, 06:44 PM
And why?

I'm definetely going to have to pick enchantment. I don't think there is another skill that comes even close. I have a daedric katana enchanted with 70-80 frost damage, that I have never run out of mana, even with hardcore fighting. And it didn't cost anything. I have a 100 enchantment right now, and can pretty much use items like they have unlimited charge, because I can recharge them so fast and use so little charge on each cast. And anyone who says it's not viable for most classes, I'm only a level 20 orcish warrior with enchantment as a miscellaneous skill. Anyway, I suppose you can get the same effects on a weapon, but it'd cost a whole lot of money.. Not to mention anyone that can enchant their own gear, will be rolling in constant effect items when they find out where all the golden saints and what not hang out.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear what you all think, so please tell me what your favorite is.

Alien
06-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Security probably. I like to steal stuff.

Plewis
06-25-2002, 07:18 PM
we had this same thread awhile ago its probably on page 2 or 3 maybe even 4...

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 08:18 PM
What does security do actually? Im too lazy to go downstairs and check the manual...? :D

Plewis
06-25-2002, 08:19 PM
increasing ur lockpicking skills

Alien
06-26-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
increasing ur lockpicking skills And probing trapped doors.

zfBRAT
06-26-2002, 03:15 AM
I'm really sorry some of you are offended about threads being posted more than once, but some of us only visit this from time to time, so we're thankful wherever we find it. When the system (xbox) was fresh, I spent a lot of time here. However, I don't have time to read every post in every location. Please, let people post wherever they think it fits, cos I'll miss it, if they don't.

zfBRAT
06-26-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by sholmes983
And why?

I'm definetely going to have to pick enchantment. I don't think there is another skill that comes even close. I have a daedric katana enchanted with 70-80 frost damage, that I have never run out of mana, even with hardcore fighting. And it didn't cost anything. I have a 100 enchantment right now, and can pretty much use items like they have unlimited charge, because I can recharge them so fast and use so little charge on each cast. And anyone who says it's not viable for most classes, I'm only a level 20 orcish warrior with enchantment as a miscellaneous skill. Anyway, I suppose you can get the same effects on a weapon, but it'd cost a whole lot of money.. Not to mention anyone that can enchant their own gear, will be rolling in constant effect items when they find out where all the golden saints and what not hang out.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear what you all think, so please tell me what your favorite is. I'm still learning how to enchant items. I haven't figured out how to create new chants. Recharging enchanted items I've gained doesn't seem necessary, because they don't wear down that fast.

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 08:47 AM
Long blade.

Felon
06-26-2002, 11:55 AM
Marksman

silvertrace
06-26-2002, 02:16 PM
i like enchanting items and boosting my attributes

anything constant effect is bad@$$, all my apparel is constant effect which makes all my attributes in the 120-158 range (strength is 158)

i enchanted my greeves to restore fatigue 1 pt every second, so i can run non stop w/o it diminishing, i also enchanted a daedric shield with multiple things, one being restore health 1 pt per second, allowing me to restore my health constantly

*Note--> this makes the game easier, so u should think b4 u do it
Level 53 wood elf assassin, master of the thieves and fighters guild, and on my 6th trial:cool:

Alien
06-26-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
*Note--> this makes the game easier, so u should think b4 u do it Level 53 wood elf assassin, master of the thieves and fighters guild, and on my 6th trial:cool: Man, level 53...how did you get so high so fast?? I'm at level 10! And I have been playing it everyday since it was first released...:eek:

Plewis
06-26-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by zfBRAT
I'm really sorry some of you are offended about threads being posted more than once, but some of us only visit this from time to time, so we're thankful wherever we find it. When the system (xbox) was fresh, I spent a lot of time here. However, I don't have time to read every post in every location. Please, let people post wherever they think it fits, cos I'll miss it, if they don't.

in what way did i sound offended? Please show me at what part of my statement did I show any anger?:rolleyes: I was just trying to help YOU out because YOU said you were INTERESTED in what peoples favorite skills are... trying to help you out bud... not being mean at all:)

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 06:29 PM
The only thing you need to have to level quickly is money. Then you find the secret master and buy out your skills. Its easy actually, you just need alot of money.

Im going to max out my enchant and fool around with that...

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Alien
Man, level 53...how did you get so high so fast?? I'm at level 10! And I have been playing it everyday since it was first released...:eek:
Well maybe youll have to play every night too lol. I think im level 23 but i dont try to level up i just get leveled up because people always attack me when im minding my own business and just taking there stuff.

zfBRAT
07-01-2002, 12:15 AM
I have that same problem...lol! I keep getting in trouble for stealing, but I am getting sneakier with it...

Nas
07-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Alien
Man, level 53...how did you get so high so fast?? I'm at level 10! And I have been playing it everyday since it was first released...:eek:

Don't worry, you aren't the only one who is a little behind the pack, haha. i'm level 9, and i've had the game about a week and a half after it came out :(

zfBRAT
07-04-2002, 05:34 AM
Save before you steal. If you don't like the outcome, reload. You won't ever move up losing your skills in prison or paying fines all the time. Get your sneak skill up. Load times tell you how. Don't steal while learning. Learn first with some training

kazual
07-04-2002, 10:08 PM
*Level 53 wood elf assassin, master of the thieves and fighters guild, and on my 6th trial*

Silvertrace, I was just wondering what skills you have for major and minor with your wood elf assassin. I was thinking of making one as well but I can't decide on what to make my skills. I'd appreciate it if you would share your thoughts, It would help alot. Thanks.

kazual,

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 10:31 PM
I would max out my enchant but the secret master is in the aldruh temple and to get a high enough rank for him to train you you gotta go visit those pilgrim sites and there's no way in hell I'm doin that. heh.

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Hmm ... for best skill I'd say conjuration cuz with that you can make yourself lots of moolah and buy yourself training and enchantments even tho enchantments can be very pricy.

Plewis
07-04-2002, 11:04 PM
long blade.... theres nothing like slicing some armor clad dude up in 4 hits wth my badass weapons:D

zfBRAT
07-08-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
The only thing you need to have to level quickly is money. Then you find the secret master and buy out your skills. Its easy actually, you just need alot of money.

Im going to max out my enchant and fool around with that...
I didn't mean to make it sound as if you were offended. Some peeps argue referring to a post that was made when the site opened or something like that. I'm sure some of you have read them. Anyways I just wanted to mention that it's nice not to have to search every post that Morrowind (specifically) is on to find one answer that could be on every Morrowind post out there :)

EHWfedPres
07-08-2002, 04:02 PM
Right now my character is level 87 and my current favorite skill is probably Blunt Weapon, because my current weapon of choice is the Skull Crusher. If you wanna know where it is, its the daedric shrine on Sadrith Mora, but if you want to know how to get into it, look in the guide, thats what they made it for. If you dont have the guide, then you are stupid for not having an essential tool for every Morrowind player.

Im trying to get a Daedric War Hammer, but I cant find one anywhere...no Dremora's or Dremora Lords have them... :(

Skarp
07-08-2002, 05:02 PM
Conjuration or Alteration

Skarp
07-08-2002, 05:04 PM
If you dont have the guide, then you are stupid for not having an essential tool for every Morrowind player.

Not necessarily, I like to beat a game without a strategy guide first.

Tkf5000
07-08-2002, 05:47 PM
its not really a guide. its just a list of quests and how to find them and complete them. its not like a guide tha walks u thru the whole game.

EHWfedPres
07-08-2002, 07:00 PM
The guide has maps and stuff, not just the quests. It also tells you the stats of the monsters and armor and weapons.

Im sick of seeing "Where's this" and "Where's That" threads...buy the dámn guide and stop wasting my time and other people's time.

Tkf5000
07-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
The guide has maps and stuff, not just the quests. It also tells you the stats of the monsters and armor and weapons.

Im sick of seeing "Where's this" and "Where's That" threads...buy the dámn guide and stop wasting my time and other people's time.
yea. ever since i got morrowind i figured thered be millions of questions about it. peope just dont feel like using 20bux to buy it. if people are old enough they should get a job.

Alien
07-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

yea. ever since i got morrowind i figured thered be millions of questions about it. peope just dont feel like using 20bux to buy it. if people are old enough they should get a job. It's only $15 if you get the game and the Strategy Guide. At least here it is. And in the game case, it has that little coupon for the Strat. Guide. So I guess you could get it for $15 without buying both at the same time, just take that coupon in.

Tkf5000
07-08-2002, 07:27 PM
i got it 20percent off at eb cuz i bout them at the same time. but i didnt get a dang coupon. why didnt i get a coupon,thats cheap!

jshaudvitis
07-08-2002, 09:40 PM
id have to say my fav skill is long blade, its awsome just walkin into a room with like 8ppl hittin one and they all swarm u and u just hack and slash ur way thru, i think its the best feelin to no that ur the bad ass in the game:cool:

Nas
07-09-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
long blade.... theres nothing like slicing some armor clad dude up in 4 hits wth my badass weapons:D

I agree..Long Blade...there's nothin better than the feeling after taxing someones ass with a powerful sword. :cool:

RapmasterC
07-09-2002, 11:17 AM
IMO, the most "powerful" skill is Enchanting and the most "useful" or "most beneficial" skill would be conjuration cuz that'll make you gold and with a lot of gold you can do just about anything ... ;)

ScorpionX
07-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Conjuration! I summon my army to fight my battles....

RapmasterC
07-09-2002, 12:30 PM
Lolz. :)

Tkf5000
07-09-2002, 04:42 PM
im a warrior. i probly couldnt summon a mudcrab if my characters life depended on it. i agree with plewis and nas longblade rulz. one chop and you kill almost anyhing if you have the right weapon.

RapmasterC
07-09-2002, 04:51 PM
I get one hit kills with daggers ... lmfao. :D