PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive BUT Helpful items/abilities

Nas
06-25-2002, 11:08 PM
Alright, this might be a complicated thread, but here is what I mean. Just name an item or ability that may not be the rarest thing in Morrowind, but has helped you ALOT in your quest. I'll give an example:

Last night I started a new character...a Dark Elf who is mainly good in magic, but also long swords. But of course, he's pretty weak just starting off...but while on my way to do a quest for the mages guild, i stumbled upon a mages GOLDMINE:cool: !!!
I can't remember the exact name of the cavern, but I'll post it back later. Anyway, the VERY useful, but inexpesive item was a Ring of Far Silence. It let you cast silence for 10 seconds on a target some odd feet away...it shoots a green ball gas like thing pretty far. Anyway, I infiltrated this cave, and the first few times, this girl w/high magic power casts one spell on me and it drained all of my life. But I went back in there again, cast silence on her, and she could only use some weak dagger, and in that 10 seconds, I killed her! Anyway, that cave was FULL of magic scrolls! No joke..i really found about 13 different scrolls, but about 20 including duplicates. And i found a whole bunch of
basic armor like steel, chiton, and nordic you could sell. Also i found expensive items like good potions, jewels, lots of gold, and weapons (mostly strong weapons like axes and maces). So all in all, all these items gave me a GREAT start to my character. Well I know i went off topic with my story, but basically, let me know when a inexpensive item has helped you significantly!

Alien
06-26-2002, 12:16 AM
Where was this? I'm not a mage, far from it. But gold...I'm low on cash.

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 08:52 AM
My best inexpensive thing was restore health potions. When i was lvl 6 i got to far ahead of my self ended up in some sewers in vivic and ended up killing an orc to get thru a door then killing a mage and some guy that took me like 10 minutes to kill with full orcish armor, and it was the first daedric shrine i ever went to and i picked up a diamond or something and a dremora lord came out (i know this always happens now). I was lucky i had good armor and the standardrestore health potions. They are well worth 35 septims (well free for me cuz i got them from the fighters guild equipment chest).

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 10:54 AM
What exactly does far silence do?

Absorb health spells helped me the most...

Alien
06-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
What exactly does far silence do?

Absorb health spells helped me the most... I think Silence spells make people not be able to use Magicka. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Nas
06-26-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Alien
I think Silence spells make people not be able to use Magicka. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

yup, you are right...and i need to make a minor correction. it wasnt a ring, it was an amulet of far silence. It helped me because I was able to disable a powerful mage's magicka for 10 seconds so i could kill her. (and she was really weak otherwise). I'll post back later once i find out the name of that Cavern.

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 12:55 PM
I get all these silence amulets and stuff and i keep not using them. I nedd to sell them then i go to sell them and i think nah.. i might need this. I already killed 2 dagoths is one sixth house base and they were easy and i thought they would be hard. Most of the time i just use my sword, and i beat people down most people down in like 1 hit. But some people take a couple hits. i hope it gets harder once i go into ghostfence once i start the main quest. i was told to get the puzzle box but i knew i was going to die because it was hard as crap to get thru there when got lost trying to get to balmora and ended up in there at lvl 1. I think im gunna start the main quest after i finish the vampire quests because you can only become one once.

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 06:24 PM
Well Im going to have to try this Silence spell...might help me out more than others, because I am great with a sword, and as a mage...so Ill render their spells useless and beat them down with my Daedric Longsword. :cool:

X-Ray
06-27-2002, 11:27 AM
As an imperial knight who couldn't sneak around Helen Keller when she's in a deep sleep, I've found the "Ring of Aversion" to be extremely usefull. When it's fully charged, I can recast it to get more than 60 seconds invisibility if I need to. This allows me to steal anything that's not in a container! Plus I bought it from the trader in Caldera for a cheap price (espescially considering the fact that I've stolen more things than I can Imagine with it!).

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 12:54 PM
If you can steal stuff and the effect is still active, then it would be Chameleon, not Invisability.

Nas
06-27-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray
As an imperial knight who couldn't sneak around Helen Keller when she's in a deep sleep, I've found the "Ring of Aversion" to be extremely usefull. When it's fully charged, I can recast it to get more than 60 seconds invisibility if I need to. This allows me to steal anything that's not in a container! Plus I bought it from the trader in Caldera for a cheap price (espescially considering the fact that I've stolen more things than I can Imagine with it!).

That's awesome man...I might need to find that item!....i was lmao about the Helen Keller joke...that was hilarious LOL!:)

X-Ray
06-27-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Nas

That's awesome man...I might need to find that item!....i was lmao about the Helen Keller joke...that was hilarious LOL!:)

Really? Thanks...I got more. :lol:

EFW: No its invisibility. I can only steal one item at a time, but it has multiple charges, so I can use it several times a day. Unfortunately it only allows me to steal things out in the open. Because it's not chameleon, I cannot steal things from chests, droors etc. I have a chameleon ring worth some 12000 but I haven't found it to be very usefull. It is only like 20-40% or somethi8ng like that. (Its the one you get from the Blood Bath Quest.

Nas
06-27-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray

Really? Thanks...I got more. :lol:

EFW: No its invisibility. I can only steal one item at a time, but it has multiple charges, so I can use it several times a day. Unfortunately it only allows me to steal things out in the open. Because it's not chameleon, I cannot steal things from chests, droors etc. I have a chameleon ring worth some 12000 but I haven't found it to be very usefull. It is only like 20-40% or somethi8ng like that. (Its the one you get from the Blood Bath Quest.

haha hell yeah man that was funny...i had to keep my ass in the seat from fallin over from laughin so hard, hahaha. i could imagine her blind/deaf self turnin and gazing at you with a blank stare and screamin "wah wah" hahahahaha!:)