PDA

View Full Version : JSRF Discontinued

squid413
06-25-2002, 11:38 PM
JSRF is discontinued

link (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/363/363327p1.html)

This doesn't mean they won't make a sequal though just means they won't make anymore copies of JSRF so if you want it get it before stores run out.

Originally from article

June 25, 2002 - Jet Set Radio Future, the sequel to Jet Grind Radio, is no longer being manufactured for distribution. The title will remain available in stores as long as copies are available, but no additional copies are planned to be made.

JSRF was a moderate success and the end of production doesn't necessarily mean another Jet Set title won't be made in the future.

Anyone who owned a Saturn may remember the difficulty in securing a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. The price for a copy of Panzer is still quite high. It's not likely Jet Set will follow that path, but anyone considering purchasing the title may be best served plopping down a few bills before it disappears from store shelves for good.

While it's not uncommon for production of a title to be discontinued, JSRF came out less than six months ago. It's always possible JSRF may return as a less expensive "Xbox Hits" title, but that seems unlikely.

X-Factor
06-26-2002, 12:03 AM
I could care less if they stop making copies of JSRF. JSRF was the most anticipated, over-hyped game of 2002.

The game disappointed, and is not worth $50...:rolleyes:

That's just my opinion of course. :D

squid413
06-26-2002, 12:05 AM
I rented this game a while back and thought it was fun. The multiplayer mode was ok though.

X-Factor
06-26-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by squid413
I rented this game a while back and thought it was fun. The multiplayer mode was ok though. The game is worth a rent, and is fun for a while, but the game honestly doesn't have any REAL replay value.

The game is about as good as Gunvalkyrie...can you say flop??? :rolleyes:

Alien
06-26-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by X-Factor
I could care less if they stop making copies of JSRF. JSRF was the most anticipated, over-hyped game of 2002.

The game disappointed, and is not worth $50...:rolleyes:

That's just my opinion of course. :D I agree 100%. At first, when I got it...it was a change from HALO...then...I stopped playing it less and less...now it's a dust collector.

NomadLLama
06-26-2002, 12:29 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! its all because of you BASTARDS!! nah... but i thought that the game was pretty good. you just had to have a lot of commitment to play it all the way through. after the first time through story mode, the second time will only take you about 6 hours. why did SEGA have to do something like that? well, good thing i got it...

X-Factor
06-26-2002, 12:47 AM
JSRF's Good Points:

-fun and challenging
-gorgeous graphics
-strong soundtrack
-plenty of style
-good replay value

JSRF's Bad Points:

-bad level design
-awkward camera system (unbearable)
-a bit too challenging

Although there are more good points than bad points in JSRF, the bad points really keep this from being a grade "A" title for Xbox. The bad level design, and the extremely awkward camera system keep this game from being an amazing experience, and keep it from it's potential. :(

My Score: 8.6/10

guitargod711
06-26-2002, 07:20 AM
I liked it on Dreamcast cause you could download all the levels and skaters to your vmu. But the Xbox version was hard and very time consuming. Damn. SEGA is fricking up again. Discontinue a game??? SEGA can't even establish a good rep on other consoles. A real shame really:(

(¯`·._)
06-26-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by X-Factor
JSRF's Good Points:

-fun and challenging
-gorgeous graphics
-strong soundtrack
-plenty of style
-good replay value

JSRF's Bad Points:

-bad level design
-awkward camera system (unbearable)
-a bit too challenging

My Score: 8.6/10

even though it DIDNT have a good soundtrack (really really sucked, i was going insane) and there is no replay value. i played for about 4 hours staright, went on the comp a bit then went back and it wasnt fun so i quit. its so damn retarded, skate around get the tags spray paint the cops till they run away....this game sucks! but it was meant for the japanese market...:confused:

btw i didnt have a problem with the camera most the time

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 10:56 AM
I played the demo and I was not impressed at all...therefore...I dont care.

NomadLLama
06-26-2002, 11:03 AM
i didn't think that JSRF was THAT hard. and a couple days ago, i accidently erased my original game file with 26 hours of play into it. i beat the game in about 19. i did the story again, i had no choice, and beat it in 6. some places are really hard though. and finding Zero beats tags in the end gets a bit retarded.

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
i didn't think that JSRF was THAT hard. and a couple days ago, i accidently erased my original game file with 26 hours of play into it. i beat the game in about 19. i did the story again, i had no choice, and beat it in 6. some places are really hard though. and finding Zero beats tags in the end gets a bit retarded.

You had no choice but to beat it again? Wasnt the point of buying and playing games to have fun? Playing a game for the sole purpose of completion is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 11:10 AM
lol. i have jsrf. it was really fun when i got it, i like played it all the time, but then it just got really boring and hard, and i just quit. i havent played it in like 2 months, and i dont wanna play it ever again, lol.:D

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 03:07 PM
This game got me really ****ed it wasn't worth the plastic it was printed on! Fuc this game! I hope they stop making it and all other future versions of this flaming pile of ****!

The good!
-soundtrack (the first 10000 times you hear it)
-origionality (for the first 2 levels)

the bad
-corny characters
-soundtrack(the next 2000000000 times you hear it)
-inpossible jumps that are annoying!
-overall annoying presense of this game in my house
-the multiplayer
-the levels and objectives you have to complete
-the tagging
-the graphics while cool at first, really are a sign of programmers lack of talent!

overall 4.5/10

NomadLLama
06-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

You had no choice but to beat it again? Wasnt the point of buying and playing games to have fun? Playing a game for the sole purpose of completion is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

i had no choice if i wanted to go back to where i was originally. and i did. and playing a game to complete it is part of what buying it meant. but the thing is that JSRF can be fun SOMETIMES. but it ****es me off a lot too. renting games sometimes pushes you to beat a game, because maybe you do not wanna buy or rent it again. meh, i play my games differently than others and you do the same.

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 06:41 PM
The sole purpose of video games is for amusement.

MixMasta
06-26-2002, 11:20 PM
i thought jsrf rocked! i truly do agree that it is a love or hate game, and most people in this thread are leaning towards the latter. but thats your opion, IMO thhis was a very good game, with good n' approproate graphics, plus a cool story, easy controls, and a cool soundtrack except for the birthday cake song* (I hate that with a passion) i dont get why they discontinue it!! did azurik or kabuki get discontinued??? or other games like mad dash and cel damge??? or did they ge discontiuned but we havent reall heard since they werent big titles like jsrf!