PDA

View Full Version : Friend of a friend

CodeMonkey
06-26-2002, 12:20 PM
Just thought I would let you all know a bit of info about project ego…
Ok one of me friends friend, was approached by lion studios to create a sub game level for project ego. Basically you be approached by some dude in the game, and he will say something, if you want this money yada yada then go and rescue these people for me…this is where he will create the sub game.. His idea has been to create a castle that is heavily guarded. Your objective will be to get in and save the day..
There will be many ways to get in, for example, a boat will go over to the castles back door, it will be possible to sneak aboard and get in that way. Or go blazing through the main door with ya eyes closed and wish for the best..
Basically there is going to many different ways to get into the place, but the amount of people you rescue will depend heavily on your skills in getting into the place..

So people, if this does get implemented into the game, then you heard it here first..
If I here anything else about this game I will let ya peeps know…

Hope ya find it of interest,
:D

Dre
06-26-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
Just thought I would let you all know a bit of info about project ego…
Ok one of me friends friend, was approached by lion studios to create a sub game level for project ego. Basically you be approached by some dude in the game, and he will say something, if you want this money yada yada then go and rescue these people for me…this is where he will create the sub game.. His idea has been to create a castle that is heavily guarded. Your objective will be to get in and save the day..
There will be many ways to get in, for example, a boat will go over to the castles back door, it will be possible to sneak aboard and get in that way. Or go blazing through the main door with ya eyes closed and wish for the best..
Basically there is going to many different ways to get into the place, but the amount of people you rescue will depend heavily on your skills in getting into the place..

So people, if this does get implemented into the game, then you heard it here first..
If I here anything else about this game I will let ya peeps know…

Hope ya find it of interest,

Thats pretty cool. May I ask where your friend's friend works? I'm going to be trying to get into this industry in 6 months or so.

CodeMonkey
06-26-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Thats pretty cool. May I ask where your friend's friend works? I'm going to be trying to get into this industry in 6 months or so.

Cheers
Well basically he’s on a forum called the edge. And you get game developers on there from time to time. Anyway this guy is doing art and design in Manchester University here in UK. To get an idea of what people thought of his work, he got chatting to one of the game developers of project ego on the forums, so he emailed him some of his work, now they have asked him if he can produce some ideas along with some low Polly models..
That’s all I know at this point..
Hope is helps

Nato King
06-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Hey CodeMonkey

I really found that very interesting and I would love to know what else you know and will find out in the future about Project Ego. I love Project Ego and anything that has to do with it.:)

Thanks again for the information

CodeMonkey
06-26-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
Hey CodeMonkey

I really found that very interesting and I would love to know what else you know and will find out in the future about Project Ego. I love Project Ego and anything that has to do with it.:)

Thanks again for the information

No problem Serg..
i have asked my friend, to ask his friend from UNI when he has finished the low polly models, if it would be possible for me to see them..
if this happens then i will for sure be posting them on here, as well as any other information i find out from him..

UltimateAg
06-26-2002, 01:21 PM
If this ends up in the game, I will believe every single rumor that comes out of your posts!!!! Well, not really, but it would certainly be amazing if this ends up in the game. Thanks for the inside scoop.