PDA

View Full Version : New modchip, maybe

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 02:43 PM
i was on xboxhacker.net a few minutes ago, and they have news about a new modchip, that is only ONE wire! heres the info:

x-ecuter xbox mod

the final solution

it is time the original coders gave back something
where all the features actually work - screw all you clones !

play all backups
play all imports
no-patch hack
eject trick hack
macrovision off
dvd reset Hack
all homebrew support
auto kernel selector
works on all models
works on all regions
mod-disable switch

made in the usa
coming soon

and heres the link: http://www.x-ecuter.com/

Dre
06-26-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i was on xboxhacker.net a few minutes ago, and they have news about a new modchip, that is only ONE wire! heres the info:

x-ecuter xbox mod

the final solution

play all backups
play all imports
no-patch hack
eject trick hack
macrovision off
dvd reset Hack
all homebrew support
auto kernel selector
works on all models
works on all regions
mod-disable switch

made in the usa
coming soon

The one that you only have to plug into the xbox is coming soon!

Good find snoop

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 02:52 PM
its a fake!!! modchips require at least a ground and power wire! I bet the the best modchips will only have about 8 to 9 wires once created! Unless it is pnp which might not be an option with the xbox because unlike the ps2 it dosn't have an extra port on the motherboard!

Dre
06-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
its a fake!!! modchips require at least a ground and power wire! I bet the the best modchips will only have about 8 to 9 wires once created! Unless it is pnp which might not be an option with the xbox because unlike the ps2 it dosn't have an extra port on the motherboard!

Hadn't thought about the ground and vcc lines. My brain must be deteriorating during the summer break or something. Probably just to many beers on sunny patios :)

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Hadn't thought about the ground and vcc lines. My brain must be deteriorating during the summer break or something. Probably just to many beers on sunny patios :)

hehe he....deteriorating...in a good way though!

CodeMonkey
06-26-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

x-ecuter xbox mod

the final solution

play all backups
play all imports
no-patch hack
eject trick hack
macrovision off
dvd reset Hack
all homebrew support
auto kernel selector
works on all models
works on all regions
mod-disable switch

made in the usa
coming soon

Looks like MS may be able to detect it on xboxlive....
hence the disable mod switch, which does sound a great idea if this is the case
:D

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 03:18 PM
from what I heard m$ said they aren't consered about the modchips because it takes such a highdegree of technical experiance that the average joe cannot do the mod! So I would think they aren't even going to check for it! If they do, a external switch to switch between bios wouldn't be hard!

CodeMonkey
06-26-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
from what I heard m$ said they aren't consered about the modchips because it takes such a highdegree of technical experiance that the average joe cannot do the mod! So I would think they aren't even going to check for it! If they do, a external switch to switch between bios wouldn't be hard!

The average joe? MOD chips has been and is Sony main problem..
I mean, you can take it along to a computer fair and have some dude sort it for you if you don’t have the tech knowledge to so it yourself. i mean look at PS1 and 2....
And to think that Most of MS profits will be coming from games, u think they would be a bit concerned….
But yeah, I mean if the MOD does communicate with the BIOS then a switch to disable it would be great.
:D

CyberBOMB
06-26-2002, 03:42 PM
shoot, id buy an external modchip no matter what price. if xbox live dont let me play with it then ill just take it out.

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 05:57 PM
lol, check out this mod switch thing for the ps1:

http://www.megagames.com/psx/images/modsw.jpg