PDA

View Full Version : Online X-box Etiquette

Snake Eyez
06-26-2002, 05:01 PM
I just wanted to know what you people felt would be good etiquette when playing online. I always like to congratulate to winner even if I get my a$$ beat. I was playing last night with 3 of my friends and we played a game of CTF. We lost big time to them and my friend wrote to the other team that it was because of the lag. This was total BS because there was very little lag. This pi$$ed me off since he was making excuses that weren't true. If you lose then take it like a man. I wanted to talk to the other players, but my friend logged us off before I could so. So what are your online gaming dos and don'ts.

Spaztic
06-26-2002, 05:07 PM
I like cursing if I win or loose! Name calling is quite often and expected! This is going to be a bunch of guys talking **** on each other skills, at least I will be!

CodeMonkey
06-26-2002, 05:38 PM
If I lose I tend to hunt the person down, stalk them for a while..
Then commit bloody murder………

But that’s if CM loses
If I win, is just say, ya did ya best, but it was just not good enough sunshine….NEXT!!!!

Only jk of course
I congratulate the player on a game we played… well trying to log his IP so i can trash his PC

;)

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 06:05 PM
lol. whenever i lose in CS, i always say f*ck, or damn it, or what the fu*k man, or jesus christ. ha, but then after that, i always say lol. lol:D :) :D

Shorezy
06-26-2002, 06:14 PM
If i loose, i curse (naturally) but i USUALLY congradulate the winner. If i win i say GG (good game). I could be a little better when it comes to loosing but generally i'm quiet 'sportsmen-like'.

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 06:17 PM
i never lose. its just not an option. i win all the time. lol:D :) :cool:

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 06:51 PM
When I first got Red Faction for the Pc, I always said I sucked (because I did), but several days later, I was getting 170+ frags and the next highest dude was only around 60 something...and I got accused of cheating :rolleyes: Its not that difficult to figure out where the heavy machine gun was, where the body armor was, and how to aim at people's head's...

Snoopy7548
06-26-2002, 06:54 PM
lol, yea, i hate it when people say youre cheating, but youre really not. like today in cs, i was on the terrorist team. and i was the only guy left, and there were like 4 ct's. (this was on dust) so i shot two down from pretty close, and shot 2 more down from a long way away (i was at the beginning of ct spawn, and they were under that arch thing across from the spawn), and i won that round. and someone accused me of cheating. lol:D

OppiumNitrates
06-26-2002, 07:30 PM
trash talkin during the game is a must, i mean its all in good fun. . . . but when the game is over making up BS isnt cool, i alwasy say GG too . . . . .

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 07:43 PM
Yeah, i've been telling people Good Game since the days of Tiberian Sun...when I first heard the expression 'GG'...

Snake Eyez
06-26-2002, 08:18 PM
I have no problem with talking smack. I think that every good gamer should. But like Nitrates said, no BS for why you lost. Is there any way to tell if someone is cheating online? Like in the game Halo, how can someone "cheat"?