PDA

View Full Version : How many of you bought extended warranties?

Razzle Dazzle
06-27-2002, 02:48 AM
I was wondering how many of you have bought extended warranties. Why or why not?
I bought a one year extended warranty, because I've been hearing all types of horror stories *lately*

Please vote! Thanks!

Kortiz
06-27-2002, 04:06 AM
i got a 2 year extended warranty with Bestbuy.

WHY?!?!?!? 300 bucks is a big investment. THAT IS WHY!!!

Ninja Scroll
06-27-2002, 09:22 AM
Screw da warranty, Ninja will take his chances!:D

Xbox Owner
06-27-2002, 09:36 AM
I bought it at BestBuy, and got a warranty.:cool:

Spaztic
06-27-2002, 09:36 AM
Warrentys are a waste of money! Just return it if it breaks! I have never purshased a warrenty for anything besides my car!

Dyslexic Chaos
06-27-2002, 01:59 PM
I bought a 2 year warrenty at Electronics Boutique, because of all the PS2 horror stories. I'm especially glad I have one now with all the XBox's around here going a bit screwy. But, If mine screws up, I'm making them transfer my harddrive into the new one for free.

DZNUTZ
06-27-2002, 02:05 PM
as i've said b4...i bought the extended warranty as well...i was hesitant but now i'm glad i did...i love the feeling of knowing that if anything happens to my xbox or any of my 4 1st party controllers...i can just bring em in and get replacements immediatley no questions asked. i've already exchanged 1 controller....that almost payed for the warranty right there.;)

Dre
06-27-2002, 02:07 PM
50$ cad and I have the 3 yr EB warranty. Anything wrong, bring it in for a complete replacement on the spot no questions asked.

Why did I get it? Because its only 50 $ CAD you stingy bastards! :)

Slacker
06-27-2002, 02:18 PM
I have the two year Microsoft Warranty , I was considering the best buy one , but heard that they only replace it once, and with Microsoft its as many times as it takes, and I like having the security of knowing I will have an Xbox for along time with no worries

Caliadar
06-27-2002, 07:08 PM
I didnt get it, though I am beginning to think I should have. Lots of strange problems seem to be occuring with lots of the xbox's. But then again I take good care of my stuff, never had a console break down on me. Heck my original Pong:Home edition machine still works!

GokuX
06-27-2002, 08:19 PM
MS 2 year. Hopefully I'll never have to use it.

Nerrad529
06-27-2002, 08:23 PM
The only way my xbox is gonna break is if I play it so much it blows up. I hope that never happens if it does I still got my receipt to return it.

Integra Man
06-27-2002, 08:29 PM
i paid an extra $60 CND for a 2 year warrenty at Eletronic Boutique

Hugh_Jass
06-27-2002, 09:39 PM
I didn't buy it and I don't regret it.

MixMasta
06-27-2002, 09:45 PM
i bought a 2 year warranty at comp usa just in case

robnyack
06-28-2002, 05:31 PM
i got the EW and was very glad about it. I had a defective xbox, took it back to EB, they walked out back, came back with a brand new xbox, put it in my hands and said your xbox can break down every month thru the life of the warrenty, and you can bring it back every time and walk out with a brand new one every time just like you are now...no questions asked.

robnyack
06-28-2002, 05:35 PM
Warrentys are a waste of money! Just return it if it breaks!

yea, can u imagine this.....

"Hi, I want to return my xbox. It's broken,

Store: Ok, no problem. Do u have your receipt and when did you buy it?

"Yes, I have my receipt right here. I bought it 1 year ago.

Store: BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JimmieDoogan
06-28-2002, 06:04 PM
I didn't buy one, and my Xbox died 3 months after I bought it. I'm up shiet creak with that Xbox, but I've been playing my sister's and I'll probably buy a new one tonight... THIS TIME WITH A WARRANTEE! BTW... I'm not bitter about the Xbox breaking on me. Part of it was my fault, as I should have acknowledged the problems I was having from the get go and had it immedately replaced. On top of that, I didn't even take into account that it might have only been a short in the power cord that could be causing my problems (which it may have been) but I got angry and slammed my Xbox into nothingness and now I've screwed myself. Oh well... good thing I can afford a new one almost every two weeks... ;)

2k2freak23
06-29-2002, 07:11 AM
Screw Warranty