PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Town?

X-Ray
06-27-2002, 03:58 AM
Where have you had your best experiences? I'll always have a place in my heart for Balmora, but Ald-Rhun is growing on me!

Alien
06-27-2002, 06:20 AM
I probably like Vivec the most. It has everything you need right there.

SkoalMint
06-27-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Alien
I probably like Vivec the most. It has everything you need right there.

Vivec does have most everything you need, but it is just so darn big. Some games I have played aren't as big as Vivec. My favorite town has to be the place with the Earthly Delights. Suran I think.

Alien
06-27-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint

Vivec does have most everything you need, but it is just so darn big. Some games I have played aren't as big as Vivec. My favorite town has to be the place with the Earthly Delights. Suran I think. Yeah, Suran has that there. I'm heading over that way myself pretty soon. For a House Hlaalu mission, gotta kill some egg mine queen.

Rancey
06-27-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by X-Ray
Where have you had your best experiences? I'll always have a place in my heart for Balmora, but Ald-Rhun is growing on me!

When I saw the title of this topic I was coming in here about to right the exact same thing :)

HamsterKing
06-27-2002, 09:56 AM
I dont like alhd rhun because of those sand storms. I hate them. My favourite would have to be Caldera. I love the creeper

Dre
06-27-2002, 09:59 AM
Tel Uvirith. Why? Because its my stronghold :)

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:13 AM
Balmora. It has everything you need, right there. Unlike Vivec, which has everything you need...all the way over there!

X-Ray
06-27-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Tel Uvirith. Why? Because its my stronghold :)

I can't wait to get my (Redoran) stronghold! But I keep getting stuck...mostly because Neminda (the Redoran assigning my duties) doesn't know how to give directions worth...well you know. Seriously.

I also agree about the size of Vivec. I think it would be cool if it were layed out like a normal town, unless of course you enjoy running ina big square to get to the ramps! Yeah Vivev is HUGE; I just can't get used to it.

ScorpionX
06-27-2002, 11:40 AM
Hmmm, I like Balmora.

Dre
06-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Vivec is cool if you have a nice jump or levitation spell.

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 12:57 PM
I made that superjump spell but it never worked...

symposiumx
06-27-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I made that superjump spell but it never worked...

if you make a jump spell (like jump 100)
will you die when you land?

X-Ray
06-27-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Vivec is cool if you have a nice jump or levitation spell.

If I had some of those, maybe I wouldn't hate Vivec. I concure with someone above: Vivec has everything you need...in about a million different places!!

Dre
06-27-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

if you make a jump spell (like jump 100)
will you die when you land?

It all depends on your acrobatics skill. The higher you jump, the harder you fall. But, if you're making a jump spell, here's my suggestion just to make sure:

Dre's Jump SPELL:
-jump 100 pts on self for 1 sec
-slowfall 2-3 pts 15-20 sec on self

You just have to cast it and jump right away. Just to give you an idea, the maximum distance I get with this spell is from Balmora mage's guild to Caius Casade doorstep.

I'm actually in the process of making a new character thief/assassin. He's going to have a couple of constant effect jump (total ~ 30-35 pts) rings as well as a constant effect slowfall belt. I'll be jumping from roof to roof just like in crouching tiger hidden dragon. Then I plan on starting my quests :) Until then, its dungeons and stuff till I have enough power to kill a golden saint.

symposiumx
06-27-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Dre

It all depends on your acrobatics skill. The higher you jump, the harder you fall. But, if you're making a jump spell, here's my suggestion just to make sure:

Dre's Jump SPELL:
-jump 100 pts on self for 1 sec
-slowfall 2-3 pts 15-20 sec on self

You just have to cast it and jump right away. Just to give you an idea, the maximum distance I get with this spell is from Balmora mage's guild to Caius Casade doorstep.

I'm actually in the process of making a new character thief/assassin. He's going to have a couple of constant effect jump (total ~ 30-35 pts) rings as well as a constant effect slowfall belt. I'll be jumping from roof to roof just like in crouching tiger hidden dragon. Then I plan on starting my quests :) Until then, its dungeons and stuff till I have enough power to kill a golden saint.

thanks for the info..that is VERY helpful!!

how do you make constant effects? can only certain spells have them? do i require a specific item (like a golden st. gem)?
if i make a spell i try to choose constant effect, but it doesn allow that choice.....hmm?

symposiumx
06-27-2002, 03:25 PM
oops,

I meant make an enchanted item, NOT spell....

no such thing as a constant spell LOL

Plewis
06-27-2002, 03:32 PM
Balmora is my favorite town. I havent even explored that many places yet, but I am just used to Balmora the most since I have spent most of my time there

Dre
06-27-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
how do you make constant effects? can only certain spells have them? do i require a specific item (like a golden st. gem)?
if i make a spell i try to choose constant effect, but it doesn allow that choice.....hmm?

For a constant effect you need:
-soultrap spell (you can get it in Balmora I think, or you can find a sword or something with the spell on it)
-grand soul gem. Anything else won't work (to my knowledge anyways..)
-golden saint (theres something else that works but I forget)

So, make sure you only have your grand soul gem in your inventory when you're in front of the golden saint, cast soultrap and proceed to kick golden saint's ass. If all goes well you'll get the "You trapped a soul" msg. If you didn't, reload and try again.. you don't have a 100% chance to trap a soul. Anyhoo, when you go to enchant an item now, if you use that soul gem you should be able to select constant effect once the gem and an item are in their respective slots.

***SPOILER***

Once you've got it displaying constant effect, switch the gem for something else (petty soul gem with a rat soul even works!) and constant effect will not disappear. Its cheap, but man its a cool glitch!!

khaos2005
06-27-2002, 04:46 PM
If Balmora had the strippers Suran has, I'd be set. But I still like Balmora the best.

symposiumx
06-27-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Dre

For a constant effect you need:
-soultrap spell (you can get it in Balmora I think, or you can find a sword or something with the spell on it)
-grand soul gem. Anything else won't work (to my knowledge anyways..)
-golden saint (theres something else that works but I forget)

So, make sure you only have your grand soul gem in your inventory when you're in front of the golden saint, cast soultrap and proceed to kick golden saint's ass. If all goes well you'll get the "You trapped a soul" msg. If you didn't, reload and try again.. you don't have a 100% chance to trap a soul. Anyhoo, when you go to enchant an item now, if you use that soul gem you should be able to select constant effect once the gem and an item are in their respective slots.

***SPOILER***

Once you've got it displaying constant effect, switch the gem for something else (petty soul gem with a rat soul even works!) and constant effect will not disappear. Its cheap, but man its a cool glitch!!

ok THAT glitch kicks butt!!
where can i find a golden saint? do I have to be a certain level? (I'm lvl 17 currently). will a winged twilight or an ascended sleeper work?

one more question about constant effect....

you know when you enchant an item and it shows the enchantments / enchantments total on the item,
points used to cast, and $$ cost?

well...what are the # of enchantment slots required to do permanent effect? I mean most spells taht have duration like 10 take like 25+ enchantment slots...so i would imagine that constant woudl be WAY more? am I wrong? some examples?

THANKS!!!