PDA

View Full Version : Broadband in the UK

Afro Aura
06-27-2002, 07:26 AM
I'm thinking of getting broadband and what I want to know are there any UK users out there using broadband with their XBOX.

I've got myself a US and a UK XBOXes, can you tell me will I be able to get onto Gamespy site with either or both XBOXes

UnitedKingdom
06-27-2002, 07:49 AM
Well hopefully you can get on with your UK Xbox, I'm getting Cable or DSL broadband in a couple of months specifically for my Xbox! I assume its a very simple process to connect the xbox up to the internet, but I'm unsure how to get an xbox to connect to gamespot!

Afro Aura
06-27-2002, 08:04 AM
Thanks UnitedKingdom I was waiting for "XBOX Live" but I know we have to wait ages for Live to be set-up over here, with Unreal Championship coming out soon I'd like to be ready for that and I do love a bit of Phantasy Star Online in there too

CodeMonkey
06-27-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
I'm thinking of getting broadband and what I want to know are there any UK users out there using broadband with their XBOX.

I've got myself a US and a UK XBOXes, can you tell me will I be able to get onto Gamespy site with either or both XBOXes

Yeah Afro, i have Broadband, and i use gamespy software, as well as xbox connect. Depending on where you live, you will either be able to get cable, or ADSL. (As long as your not to far away from the exchange) both of your systems will be playable online. Your NTSC box will allow you to play people from over the pond but not the UK and vice versa for your PAL machine.
I have cable broadband, and my speed is 1024 downstream and 256 upstream
However my cable company are increasing the upstream to 512, which is going to be great for playing online.
Also when Xboxlive starts in the UK, it looks like MS are going to be offering deals for broadband, because they own 60% of Telewest communications in the UK.
Minimum price you should b looking at is around £25 a month… unless MS offers a better deal

Hope this helps
:D

Afro Aura
06-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Thanks CodeMonkey it's a shame I can't get Telewest as I can't get cable, but I know I can get broadband though a BT line of course they have to fit the connection the gits are asking £80 for the line oh-well these things happen

I'll see you guys on line soon, although I'm not very good at Halo in death matches give me Shining Lore or Phantasy Star Online it'll be a laugh getting through those monsters

I've seen the Game Cube's PSO on Game Network in the E3 report and it looked pretty good I hope the XBOX PSO looks as good or better