PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Splashdown?

Xbox Owner
06-27-2002, 09:52 AM
Well, I have been interested in this game since it came out for the PS2. Now, it came out on Xbox, and has been released? Has anyone played this game for Xbox or PS2, how is it? Gamespot said it is supposedly better than the PS2 version, and I have liked this game since it came out on the PS2, so what do you guys thing?

Xbox Owner
06-27-2002, 10:26 AM
No one wants to answer, fine, I see how it is.

faceoff508
06-27-2002, 10:30 AM
Rent it>>>>>>>>>>>>>.See if you like it>>>>>>buy it or ditch iy!!

Nato King
06-27-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
Well, I have been interested in this game since it came out for the PS2. Now, it came out on Xbox, and has been released? Has anyone played this game for Xbox or PS2, how is it? Gamespot said it is supposedly better than the PS2 version, and I have liked this game since it came out on the PS2, so what do you guys thing?

Hey Xbox Owner I also was thinking about buying splashdown I really like the screenshots and what people are talking about it. I should rent it berfore I get it. I will check back to see what people say about this game.:)

faceoff508
06-27-2002, 10:39 AM
Instead of making another thread, I am getting a game today but dont know what?

I already have:

Morrowind
Hunter
NFL Fever
DOA3
PGR
Halo
Wreckless

Which game should I buy?

Nato King
06-27-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Instead of making another thread, I am getting a game today but dont know what?

I already have:

Morrowind
Hunter
NFL Fever
DOA3
PGR
Halo
Wreckless

Which game should I buy?

Hey faceoff508 have you every played MotoGP. I think it is a hot game me and my cousin played all yesterday very nice.:)

Xbox Owner
06-27-2002, 11:56 AM
I played gp on the oxm demo,..i think july..it's pretty awesome!

DZNUTZ
06-27-2002, 12:03 PM
well my friend works at infogrames...the developers of splashdown....i've heard even the ps2 version of it is better then waverunner for GC...oviously the xbox version is gonna be better then the ps2...so if that type of game is your cup of tea...i'd say go for it...i'm sho its probably the best game in that categorey to date.

Xbox Owner
06-27-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
well my friend works at infogrames...the developers of splashdown....i've heard even the ps2 version of it is better then waverunner for GC...oviously the xbox version is gonna be better then the ps2...so if that type of game is your cup of tea...i'd say go for it...i'm sho its probably the best game in that categorey to date.

I called my local gaming store, and they don't have it yet. I'm just going to buy it, because if I don't like the game, i have 10 days to give it back.:D

zfBRAT
06-28-2002, 12:51 AM
I've never even heard of it :p

Nyc Tattoo
07-01-2002, 11:12 PM
This game is great fun. That is, its great fun when it runs, and it isn't crashing.

So far in Career mode, if I try to change to a different racer, it crashes.

Also 12 games in when I go up against another rider in challenge mode, it crashes and I cant get any further in career mode...

I am about to throw the game out the window...

I bought an X-box for the sole purpose of not having to deal with hardware crashes, and constant patches. It looks like console game makers are now putting out buggy games to get them out the door quick too....

Bakeman
07-02-2002, 12:24 AM
I rented it the other day..
I have beat it on Easy and Medium.. and I've completed 10 races on Hard..

Only 10 more races to go and I beat the whole game...

It's pretty fun...

I say it's worth a rental..

but I personally wouldn't buy it..

It's nice that you can use your own sound tracks too

SMARTGAMER69
07-03-2002, 01:17 AM
If you are not sure about buying the game I suggest renting it. I tried the game with Maddgames.com and was happy I did. Because I know I’m not wasting my money when I go buy the game.

EHWfedPres
07-03-2002, 02:13 AM
Nobody will be able to tell you if you will like a game. You must play it for yourself and then you be the judge.