PDA

View Full Version : RCA TV built exclusivvley to support XBOX console

Highlite23
06-27-2002, 10:15 AM
"RCA Introduces the VPORT
06.27.2002 @ 09:44 AM

The first shipments to retail have started for a new line of RCA televisions designed to enhance the playing experience on the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft. Under a two-year exclusive arrangement, Thomson is introducing a line of 11 analog TV sets that incorporate the innovative RCA VPORT connection. The VPORT enables the televisions to deliver dramatically improved picture detail for Xbox functions and will be easily identified by the "Xbox Ready" logo on the front of the TV. 32-inch and 36-inch RCA VPORT-equipped televisions are now available at national retailers.

This new connection takes advantage of the Xbox system's ability to output component video signal levels, and feeds the signal through a single connection cable. In addition to an Xbox connection point, the jack also doubles as a second component video input. This allows users to simultaneously connect two devices with component outputs, such as a DVD player and satellite receiver or a DVD player and an Xbox.

As an added convenience, VPORT models with the twin-tuner feature (F36TF720, F36718, F32TF720, F32718, F27TF720, F27718) will include a component video cable. The component video cable (model #GP641) and a separate Xbox cable (model #GP650) are also available at a suggested retail price of $29.95.

"VPORT allows for a simple-one plug connection to an Xbox to achieve a sharper picture and more powerful gaming experience," commented Vic Theobalds, Worldwide Value TV Product Planning Manager, Thomson. "In game playing, the focus is on the picture -- with the players requiring a life-like image. Our new line of RCA TVs with VPORT is ideal for viewing the rich graphic details of Xbox games," he added.

The product lineup includes three 36-inch, three 32-inch, four 27-inch and one 20-inch model in both flat and non-flat picture tube configurations. All of the sets feature Gemstar Interactive TV GUIDE Plus+ Gold with one-touch record, YPrPb component video inputs and a comprehensive connection package including two sets of stereo A/V inputs with S-Video, one pair of switchable audio outputs and front A/V inputs with select models equipped with front S-Video and/or headphone jack.

36-inch RCA VPORT models include:
Model F36TF720 -- (suggested retail price $1,499, available in August) with TruFlat(TM) picture tube, twin-tuner picture-in-picture and digital 3-line comb filter.

Model F36718 -- (suggested retail price $1,049, available in July) with twin-tuner picture-in-picture, digital 3-line comb filter, Sound Logic audio leveler.

Model F36650 -- (suggested retail price $899, and now available at national retailers) with digital 3-line comb filter, Sound Logic audio leveler.

32-inch RCA VPORT models include:

Model F32TF720 -- (suggested retail price $1,049, available in August) with TruFlat picture tube, twin-tuner picture-in-picture, and digital 3-line comb filter.

Model F32718 -- (suggested retail price $799, available in July) with twin-tuner picture-in-picture, digital 3-line comb filter, and Sound Logic audio leveler.

Model F32650 -- (suggested retail price $649 and now available at national retailers) with a digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

27-inch RCA VPORT models include:
Model F27TF720 -- (suggested retail price $649, available in August) has a TruFlat picture tube, twin-tuner picture-in-picture and digital 3-line comb filter.

Model F27TF700 -- (suggested retail price $599, available in August) features a TruFlat picture tube, digital three-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

Model F27718 -- (suggested retail price $499, available in August) includes twin-tuner picture-in-picture, digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

Model F27650 -- (suggested retail price $399, available in August) features a digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

20-inch RCA VPORT model:
Model F20TF20 -- (suggested retail price $349, available in September) features a TruFlat picture tube, digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

RCA.com"

http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3383

DZNUTZ
06-27-2002, 10:47 AM
now all they need to do is make a 65"!!!

i've got a 52" rca...and my supersheild (proctective shield that goes over the real screen) recently cracked in the corner.

not only are they trying to charge me an arm and a leg for this part.....its impossible to find...welll at least correctly...i've spent like 4 days and about 7 hours trying to find a correct match....ya see race says they have the screen necisary.....but when i check the demension......they don't even come close to the demisions i'm getting when i measure my sheild:mad:

anyways just a shot in the dark.... heres my model # P52920BL

heres what rca.com and reps over various phone #'s recomend
SSH526
Product Features: Super Shield 52"

Protects big screens against scratches, spills, dents, and permanent damage

Easy installation - Patented velcro strips allow customer to install

Custom-designed for each TV - Painted edges match TV to disguise appearance for invisible protection

Enhances TV viewing, brightens color and contrast for tube-like effect

1 year limited warranty

Product Dimensions:
49.3" L x 38.5" W x 1.3" H
Weight:
11.00 Lbs.

the prob is though...since this is supossed to be flush...the demnsions are to be pretty darn close and these are the approx deminsions i'm getting when i measure my sheild
45.75"Lx32.75Wx H (which is thickness doesn't really matter)

i don't want to order the wrong chit and be responsible for various shipping charges to me and back to them.

E-Xbox
06-27-2002, 10:53 AM
this is sweet...
i cant wait to see one in a store..

peace

borka105
06-27-2002, 11:00 AM
DZ, RCA IS CR*P. I am glad you found that out. You would much rather pay the few 100 more and own a JVW, PANASONIC, MAGNAVOX, OR SONY.

My JVC is 9 years old and just as good in terms of picture qualtiy as the day I got it.

My Magnavox- is 7 YEARS OLD

MY PANASON- is 5 years old

My Sony- is 1 year old.....and boy is it a beauty.

-Borak105

Spaztic
06-27-2002, 11:52 AM
I second the fact that rca sucks! I got a 25 incher and the fucing color got all messed up? I didn't have magnets around it or anything, the biggest annoyance is that my girl dosn't even notice it, so replacing the tv is "not necessary"

Hugh_Jass
06-27-2002, 09:10 PM
VPORT allows for a simple-one plug connection to an Xbox

If you can't understand how to connect an XBOX to a regular TV perhaps you should put down the game controller and try out for the Special Olympics. :D

l Maximus l
06-28-2002, 12:37 AM
That's interesting news...too bad RCA TVs are junk.... :(

EHWfedPres
06-28-2002, 12:43 AM
Maximus has the coolest sing ever :cool:

squid413
06-28-2002, 12:46 AM
Maximus has the coolest sing ever :cool:

Yes he does. for some reason now when i watch the simpsons i think of Maxy. HEHE LOL

l Maximus l
06-28-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by squid413

Yes he does. for some reason now when i watch the simpsons i think of Maxy. HEHE LOL

lol...I normally think of beer :D

squid413
06-28-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
lol...I normally think of beer :D

LOL

*squid413 sees Maxy trying to switch back to the Simpsons while Drunk* LOL

SkoalMint
06-28-2002, 05:04 AM
I asked this in the previous post (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16543) on this subject. Anyone have any idea who had to pay whom to get the "XBox Ready" logo on the screen? Or was it just a joint deal?