PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?

Sargent_Ryan
06-27-2002, 10:23 AM
I was looking in the forums at xbox.com and I saw this guy answering someone who asked about halo for xbox live. His answer was this:

The "Game of the Year" edition is flawed and will not work on system link
games directly between two XBOX's. (works fine over the internet, just not
box to box). If you call MS they will mail you out a new copy for free,
takes 2-3 weeks to arrive (or you can take it back to where you bought it
within 30 days). This only applies to the "GOTY" edition with the quotes on
it saying "best game" and stuff. The original with no markings works fine.

I am wondering is it true that the game of the year one doesn't work on system link? I am asking this here because no one on that forum really knows what they are talking about. I have the game of the year version and didn't use system link yet but I was going to soon probably so that is why I want to know.

Xbox Owner
06-27-2002, 12:05 PM
i dunno..how is it flawed..all they did was add a sticker i thought?!

Jerin_l
06-27-2002, 05:08 PM
omg i would really like to know if this is true since i own this version and plan on doing system link as soon as my friend gets his xbox

Young_Fledgling
06-27-2002, 10:33 PM
ummm there was a post about this somewhere.... try doing a search on the forums for the words GAME OF THE YEAR or SYSTEM LINK... i dunno... i think not all of them have that bug but only ones with a certain barcode number or something... that is what i remember.

Sargent_Ryan
06-27-2002, 11:51 PM
I just looked at my game and it wasn't the game of the year one so I am happy about that. I also did a search to try to find the old threads but I couldn't find it.

Young_Fledgling
06-28-2002, 10:44 AM
oh.. well if urs is not game of the year one then no worries. :cool:

Sargent_Ryan
06-28-2002, 12:12 PM
hahhaha I tried looking for it in the past threads but I couldn't find it. Jerin if you have it and you just bought it the guy on the xbox.com forums said you can take it back to the store within 30 days so hopefully for you you just bought it. If you did I would do that and try to get the older version just to make sure it works. And tell your friend to get the non game of the year version too. I thought I had it because I just bought my xbox and halo around a month ago.

Snoopy7548
06-28-2002, 02:20 PM
eh. i didnt get the GOTY edition, so i dont really care. hah