PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Disk error . . . . fixed

OppiumNitrates
06-27-2002, 04:37 PM
this dude at TXB said that this will fix the dirty disk error if anyone has been having a problem hope this works for ya . . . .

afox1999 said

Last night I inserted Hunter the Reckoning into my Xbox. It took SEVERAL minutes to get past the first screen (the one with Dolby Digital at the top and Coma at the bottom). Then the intro videos for the companies that made the game played. Then the intro for the game played. Then I clicked start a new game (or whatever). Then the story cut scene played, and I selected a character, then the game started to load. At this point, EVERY TIME it would get about 75% finished loading it would give me the Infamous Dirty Disc Error. This was a brand new disc, but I cleaned it ANYWAY (giving the error message the benefit of the doubt). I re-inserted the disc and got the EXACT SAME RESULTS 8 times in a row. Even when I completely turned the Xbox off.

Here's what I found out!!!

There was a Hunter the Reckoning save file on my HD. It had 0 saves and was using 10 blocks. I though "this is weird since I never played it before". In fact the ONLY THING I had EVER done with HtR is watch a demo on the OXM Demo Disc #8.....AAHAAAAA!!!
I ALSO notice that there was an OXM save file on my HD that had 0 saves and 10 blocks. I deleted BOTH the OXM save file AND the HtR save file. Then I re-inserted the HtR disc. It worked FLAWLESSLY!!!
Bottom line, if you have trouble with a game giving you the dirty disc error and you KNOW it's not the disc AND you have used the OXM Demo Discs. Delete the OXM save file and any EMPTY save files for the game you are loading (such as a file with 0 saves and using 10 blocks). That should get rid of the problem.
THIS WORKS!!! After I discovered this I called several of my friends who were having similar problem with various other games and when they tried it their problems went away INSTANTLY!!!
Hey Mike Salmon and TupacShakur, what was that about the demo disc NOT POSSIBLY being able to affect your Xbox performance? And don't EVER call me a PS2 or GameCube Fanboy again (I don't own EITHER). Would a Fanboy take the time to stick it out and find a solution to a problem like this even when the company distributing the disc refuses to acknowledge that a problem even exists?
To all you other Xbox fans, like myself, that love the system but were getting frustrated with the Demo Disc problems (you are NOT crazy, it DOES exist) I hope this helps.
As glad as I am that I was able to find a solution for this ANNOYING problem I don't expect any acknowledgement from OXM that the problem even existed. And I CERTAINLY don't expect a job offer, or a free subscription or anything like that (although a free subscription WOULD BE A NICE GESTURE *cough* Mike *cough*). But I'd be willing to bet that their customer support starts telling people to use this "trick" to fix the error!

Spaztic
06-27-2002, 05:06 PM
dude I had the same thing happen to me w/ rallisport, at first I thought it was the downloaded music, but I deleted the info on the harddrive and the game started perfectly. This is actually a commom problem of file corruption. After putting a oxm disk in make sure you go the the hd and remove the excess crap it leaves. Also if you rent a game remove the files off the harddrive once you are finished.

DZNUTZ
06-27-2002, 05:08 PM
if thats tru....that kid deserves something.

Nato King
06-27-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
if thats tru....that kid deserves something.

I agree with you DZNUTS I think he deserves something nice. I have never seen or heard about this happen to anybody. But now I know what to do if this happens to me. :)

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah, he should be the one who gets to shoot the OXM employees for being so stupid...they constantly promise stuff and never come through with it, etc. I hate that.

GokuX
06-27-2002, 08:15 PM
Hey Opp. N., thanks for posting this up. It should be helpful to alot of people who are having problems. Hehe, I just deleted the OXM crud from that one mag I bought a while back after I read this. Thanks again.

Scarlet Spider
06-27-2002, 09:46 PM
i have every oxm demo disk saved file on my xbox, the only weird thing is, after delting them all, and putting the disks back into the xbox in order, the files still come up named OXM Disc 1, OXM Disc 1, OXM Disc 4-9, in that order, no disk 2 or 3, but 2 disk 1's. i made a post about it a while ago but no one replyed exept maximus

ive had no problems with games loading.....

Snoopy7548
06-28-2002, 02:18 PM
yea, i just went and deleted all of my 0 saves. but i found have doa3 has 0 saves, and took up 3000 blocks. but, i have alot of stuff saved on it, like ein, and my records, and the costumes. i dont wanna delete it though

OppiumNitrates
06-28-2002, 02:25 PM
Scarlet Spider about the disk #1, 1, 4-9 . . . thansk cauz OXM has a proble with counting, and the date . . i mean do they even have any concept of time and how long a month is???

chili325
06-28-2002, 03:27 PM
Thanx 4 this post. This explains alot.