PDA

View Full Version : My friend is wondering if thier is a game like GT3 for xbox

Young_Fledgling
06-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Hey my friend wants to buy and xbox and was wondering if their was any games like Gran Turismo 3 where u like buy cars and soup them up and stuff.... He really liked RSC btw. YAAA so lemme know if there is any like this.

PS: I did not know what forum to put this in mods.. so if it is wrong forum plz move it.

Dre
06-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
Hey my friend wants to buy and xbox and was wondering if their was any games like Gran Turismo 3 where u like buy cars and soup them up and stuff.... He really liked RSC btw. YAAA so lemme know if there is any like this.

PS: I did not know what forum to put this in mods.. so if it is wrong forum plz move it.

Sega GT 2002. Its just not out yet though...

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 10:20 PM
I'm happy with Midtown Madness 3 coming in September...

Young_Fledgling
06-27-2002, 10:24 PM
EHWfedpres... thanks for starting to take this thread off topic... anyway! ya i heard of sega gt. When does that come out?

wweomaniac
06-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Nope.. the closest game to GT3 is RACING EVOLUZIONE!!!!!

RACING EVOLUZIONE

R
A
C
I
N
G

E
V
O
L
U
Z
I
O
N
E

COMING THIS SPRING 2003.

LINKS:
http://www.gameteam.com/preview/visu_preview.php?id=115&PHPSESSID=a3ad4b2996536913dabab29d10216a10

http://www.xbox-mag.net/index.php?page=mag_aff&cat=News&id=1059

wweomaniac
06-27-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Sega GT 2002. Its just not out yet though...
I don't think Sega GT 2002 is suppose to be anything like GT3. Gran Turismo 3 is unique because you earn credit to get better cars. So I don't think gameplay-wise, its anything like it!

Graphically, it won't be anything like GT3 either. Graphics are so amazing in GT3. Its just weird the cars dont get damaged. Either theyre built strong, or car companies don't like looking at their cars broken ;) The cars are made with so many polygons.

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Do you have any Racing Evolutionize movies or anything? And a possible shipping date?

Young_Fledgling
06-27-2002, 10:38 PM
so which game is like GT3 in terms of the buying and souping up ur cars?

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 10:47 PM
-=SEGA GT=-

May 23, 2002 - Just when you thought Xbox couldn't have any more great racers, in comes Sega GT 2002, continuing Sega's popular GT series. Once again, Sega is about to make gamers thankful they became a third-party developer. Sega GT is a gorgeous race with some of the best real-time reflections we've seen. A little more forgiving than Gran Turisimo 3, Sega GT 2002 is a racing sim with a slew of cars, including some amazing classics.
Features

Drive over 120 cars, including classic and concept cars
Real-time reflections
Twelve tracks
Trophy wall holds photos from races and trophies won throughout career
Over 2 million customization options!
5.1 Dolby Digital sound makes you feel like you are on the track
Only for Xbox
A racing game is all about the cars, and Sega GT has plenty. There are over 120 cars, including classic and concept cars. While it's great to drive the last Audi, there's nothing quite like being able to hop into a '70 Chevelle and race around the track.
Real life vehicles from Ford, Acura, Lexus, Audi, Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Peugeot, Fiat, Alpha Romeo, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Opel, Dodge, Subaru, Lotus, Caterham, Mazda, Jaguar, Mitsubishi, and Renault are well represented in GT 2002.

Sega GT 2002 features four racing modes: GT, Chronicle Mode, Quick Race and Time Trial. Chronicle mode is the most interesting, as it lets you take a classic car and race through 6 different stages. You start in the 70s, racing against cars from that era, and move on through the 80s and finally 90s. Races in chronicle mode begin in sepia-toned black and white, and slowly bleed into color over the first thirty seconds. It's a cool effect and adds a nice touch to the nostalgia. There are more classic cars available but you have to unlock them in GT Mode and then they'll be added to the roster for that particular make. For example under the Ford brand you may already have a '68 Mustang GT available to you when you start the game, but you know there will be more classic 'stangs unlocked once you get deep into GT mode.

And, of course, if classic cars aren't your thing, are plenty of more modern cars, mostly from the big Japanese automakers, to choose from. The high end and econonmic brands are separated so that you get the flashy new SC 430 under the Lexus brand as well as the Supras and Celicas from the '90s and '80s from the Toyota nameplate.

Because these are licensed cars, there is no damage modeling in the game. However, in the GT series, bumping against other cars and walls will lower your cars damage bar. This doesn't affect performance, but if the bar is fully depleted at the end of the race (which is hard to avoid), the cost of repairs will be deducted from your winnings. This is to try and discourage gamers from doing the old Gran Turismo cheat of driving full speed and letting other cars and rails brake them through turns. There's no cheating here, you'll have to be good to win at Sega GT 2002.

The cars handle realistically, with sluggish cars feeling just that way. Fortunately, cars can be souped up with an incredible amount of customization options. All you need to do is win some cash. The controls will be familiar to any racing fan, with the triggers acting as brake and acceleration, the left thumbstick steering the car, and the B button for the e-brake. Sega GT doesn't demand quite as much precision as Gran Turisimo, but that's actually a good thing in our eyes. The game is certainly not an arcade racer, but is a bit more accessible to a larger number of gamers than Gran T.

The game is a true beauty, though perhaps not quite on par with Rallisport Challenge. Every car has a driver who actually looks like they're driving. One cool touch is being able to look in the rearview mirror and see that everything is backwards, including signs. Because you are on closed tracks, there's a little less to look at than Rallisport, but you can clearly see the city skyline in the background. There are also weather effects, to add to the beauty of the visuals.

We'll say it now and stand by it -- Sega GT 2002 has the best sound to ever grace a car racer. Beautifully done in 5.1, this is the first racer we've played that actually sounded like you were driving a car. You can hear other cars as they zip by, and there is even a Doppler effect as they speed by. As you head past the stands, you can hear the rise of spectator cheers. But nothing could prepare us for going through a tunnel. It's about as real as it gets in terms of sound.

Sega GT 2002 is not openly planned to be online, however Sega's Japanese website notes that an "online append disc" is in development for the Japanese version. It's hard to imagine that won't also come to the U.S., though perhaps the initial release of Sega GT will include online play without need of a booster disc. We'll keep an ear out for any new details.

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 10:48 PM
I dont know how many different gameplay options there are, other than plain old races...but it does emphasize on customization...

wweomaniac
06-27-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
so which game is like GT3 in terms of the buying and souping up ur cars?

R
A
C
I
N
G

E
V
O
L
U
Z
I
O
N
E

THE CLEAR ANSWER.

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

THE CLEAR ANSWER.

Not really, considering I cant read german. The game does look amazing, judging by the very few screenshots available. If this game coming to the usa?

wweomaniac
06-27-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Not really, considering I cant read german. The game does look amazing, judging by the very few screenshots available. If this game coming to the usa?
lol!! It's french, and I can read it... sucka. It's coming to the states.

wweomaniac
06-27-2002, 11:26 PM
I posted this in the Racing forums.

"RE proposera plus de 50 circuits qui s'inspireront de villes réelles"

trans= Racing Evol. will have more then 50 courses that were inspired by realistic cities.

"Au niveau des modélisations d'abord, les voitures sont constituées d'environ 10.000 polygones, chaque circuit d'environ 500.000 auquels ils convient d'ajouter tous les effets spéciaux offerts par la Xbox : bump-mapping, environnement mapping, specular effect, atomisor effect etc... Mettez le tout à 60 images par seconde"

trans=at a level of graphical excellencem the cars will be made up of around 10, 000 polygons, each course will have around 500,000 polygons at which they will live up to the full special effect offered by the xbox: BUMP MAPPING, environment mapping... 60 FRAMES PER SECOND!

*the courses were also made with the help of real life engineers.

I think I read in there something about having a selection of 80 cars or so

The polygons per car is double then that Pro race Driver game coming out soon.

More then Project Gotham..

I don't know about GT3.

THE WHOLE COURSE IS BUMPMAPPED!

Bakeman
06-27-2002, 11:26 PM
How about

PRO RACE DRIVER!!!

Not sure about buying new parts for you car....

BUT your cars will actually get damage!!!

That is awsome! when I read that I knew I wanted that game :)

wweomaniac
06-27-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
How about

PRO RACE DRIVER!!!

Not sure about buying new parts for you car....

BUT your cars will actually get damage!!!

That is awsome! when I read that I knew I wanted that game :)
ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE there aren't any brand name cars in the game. Very few games racing games with brand name cars have car damage.

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:32 PM

ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE there aren't any brand name cars in the game. Very few games racing games with brand name cars have car damage.

Thats because they arent allowed to do that to real cars.

Bakeman
06-27-2002, 11:46 PM
yeah I happen to think that , well let me pick my words carefully, BLOWS!!!

I can't believe the car companies are so stuck up that they won't let the game makers allow damage to the cars....

I'll probably have to rent both Pro Race Driver and Sega GT

heck I'll probably get both...

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:50 PM
Hey, If I made a car worth thousands of dollars, the last thing I would want is my car looking like crap...video game or not. But oh well, I dont make cars so I dont care really. :D

Young_Fledgling
06-28-2002, 10:04 AM
ya that is pretty lame... i mean it is just a game... what do they think if their car looks all damaged in a GAME people will not buy it???? paaallllleeeaaseee get real ! :mad:

faceoff508
06-28-2002, 10:09 AM
Sega Gt, its going to be like Grad Turismo! And OXM said it might have a demo of it next month ( before the game is released)

wweomaniac
06-28-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Sega Gt, its going to be like Grad Turismo! And OXM said it might have a demo of it next month ( before the game is released) once again, GT3 was about getting credit and getting better cars with it. I don't think Sega GT has that. That's what made GT 3 more unique. As far as I'm concerned, Sega GT will be another racing game.

Dre
06-28-2002, 01:05 PM

I don't think Sega GT 2002 is suppose to be anything like GT3. Gran Turismo 3 is unique because you earn credit to get better cars. So I don't think gameplay-wise, its anything like it!

I've read a couple of previews on this game and they all said it was going to be similar to Gran Turismo. If you heard otherwise, it'd be cool if you could provide a link or something so I could check it out.

Dre
06-28-2002, 01:06 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Sega GT will be another racing game.

Your observational skills are stunning.. :)

Skarp
06-28-2002, 01:22 PM
How about State of Emergency....seems like the clear answer to me.

Young_Fledgling
06-28-2002, 01:53 PM
hmm ok all the info is great.... i will show him sega gt i guess.