PDA

View Full Version : constant effect unlock

jshaudvitis
06-27-2002, 10:22 PM
i just had a brilliant idea but dont no if it will work, if i enchant a esquisit ring or nuclace thing can i have a constant effect opening of 0-100? i stole that grand sole gem thing from balmora mage guild so i can use that plz tell me if this will work.:)

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 10:40 PM
That soul gem is only worth 60k, constant effect only applies to grand soul gems worth 80k or more.

jshaudvitis
06-27-2002, 10:52 PM
how do i get an 80K gem

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:25 PM
Trap a Golden Saint or an Ascended Sleeper.

jshaudvitis
06-27-2002, 11:30 PM
sorry bout askin so many ?'s but where can i find gold saints and what gem do i need to capture them

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:36 PM
You need a grand sould gem, and empty one. You can get one or 2 from the tower in Tel Fyr. I havent found the Sleeper yet, but the Golden Saint I did come across in the big fort thing, Falensarano or something like that, southwest area of the grazelands, upper level of the building, around where the Axe Master is.

jshaudvitis
06-27-2002, 11:39 PM
if i get a gold saint will it work, do u think so

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:43 PM
constant unlock? I doubt it. You need to target a specific object to unlock it, unlike fortify strength which takes effect by itself.

jshaudvitis
06-27-2002, 11:47 PM
ok but can i do that with a unlock enchant an object to unlock on touch 0-100

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:53 PM
i dont think so

SkoalMint
06-28-2002, 05:33 AM
I haven't tried this, but I saw it here (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/morrowind_quick_start.txt)

---------------------
STEP 5: THE ULTRA POWERFUL AMULET OF OPENING!!!

OK, this is a biggie. Warp back to Balmora, grab a powerful soul gem from the lady that enchants on the top floor. She sells one for about 2800, that’s the one you should get. You also should have picked up a spell that does the open effect by now. Now enchant the exquisite amulet you got with the open spell, stick the big soulgem on it that you bought and give it a magnitude of 100. You should now have an amulet that will unlock any door or chest in the game. With my gem, I was able to get 100 charges on the amulet. This item will serve you well throughout the game, so guard it carefully.
----------------------

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works.

Dulacc
06-28-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
I haven't tried this, but I saw it here (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/morrowind_quick_start.txt)

---------------------
STEP 5: THE ULTRA POWERFUL AMULET OF OPENING!!!

OK, this is a biggie. Warp back to Balmora, grab a powerful soul gem from the lady that enchants on the top floor. She sells one for about 2800, that’s the one you should get. You also should have picked up a spell that does the open effect by now. Now enchant the exquisite amulet you got with the open spell, stick the big soulgem on it that you bought and give it a magnitude of 100. You should now have an amulet that will unlock any door or chest in the game. With my gem, I was able to get 100 charges on the amulet. This item will serve you well throughout the game, so guard it carefully.
----------------------

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works.

Yes, it works. Made the amulet last night. The soul gem it suggests only gave me 70 charges, but it rocks. It will open anything. Cost me about 28k to make it, though. Maybe if I had bribed the chick a little it would have cost less.

Imagine, a level 1 character that can open ANY door. And kill an ordinator. cool.

JJaX
06-28-2002, 09:35 AM
In order to do all this what level of enchantment should i be at, If any? Sorry, Im a tad slow when it comes to Soul gems etc.....

And does the fact that its an exquisit item make a difference, Or will an expensive one do?

Dulacc
06-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
In order to do all this what level of enchantment should i be at, If any? Sorry, Im a tad slow when it comes to Soul gems etc.....

And does the fact that its an exquisit item make a difference, Or will an expensive one do?

The difference is in the cost of the item. Each item has a certain enchantment cost. As you enchant the item, that cost is used up. I'm sure what the expensive amulet's cost is, but the unlock enchantment only used up about 60% of the exquisite amulet's cost(can't remember the exact cost the enchantment used. Not at home). The exquisite amulet is only 120g at the clothier in Caldera, though.

I suppose it would be something to try. You can always test it out. Try using an expensive one. If the enchantment cost is too much, go get an exquisite one.

That was my first enchantment. It rocks, though.

As for the level of enchantment skill, I was a level 1 character when I had it made. I used the enchantment lady in the Mages guild in Balmora, though. When you do that, the enchantment is always a success.

Where your enchantment skill comes into play, then, is how many charges using the amulet takes per use. For instance, for my first level character, the amulet uses about 27 charges per use. It goes down as your enchant skill goes up.

Oh, in the 'It rocks' department, I was able to steal the orcish armor and glass armor from the fighter's guild in Ald’ruhn. Again, with my 1st level character. The quick start guide, mentioned earlier in this thread, is really cool.

JJaX
06-28-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Dulacc

The difference is in the cost of the item. Each item has a certain enchantment cost. As you enchant the item, that cost is used up. I'm sure what the expensive amulet's cost is, but the unlock enchantment only used up about 60% of the exquisite amulet's cost(can't remember the exact cost the enchantment used. Not at home). The exquisite amulet is only 120g at the clothier in Caldera, though.

I suppose it would be something to try. You can always test it out. Try using an expensive one. If the enchantment cost is too much, go get an exquisite one.

That was my first enchantment. It rocks, though.

As for the level of enchantment skill, I was a level 1 character when I had it made. I used the enchantment lady in the Mages guild in Balmora, though. When you do that, the enchantment is always a success.

Where your enchantment skill comes into play, then, is how many charges using the amulet takes per use. For instance, for my first level character, the amulet uses about 27 charges per use. It goes down as your enchant skill goes up.

Wow i see, Thanks for the info dude!!

EHWfedPres
06-28-2002, 10:41 AM
So you can make an opening enchantment? When you wear it, can you just open stuff at will or do you need to cast or what?

Dont worry Jjax, I have a soul gem defficiency as well...:confused:

Dulacc
06-28-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
So you can make an opening enchantment? When you wear it, can you just open stuff at will or do you need to cast or what?

Dont worry Jjax, I have a soul gem defficiency as well...:confused:

It works like other enchantments: like a spell. You select it from your spell list and cast it like it was a spell.

As for the the thread topic, I don't believe you can make a constant effect open enchantment due to the fact that the spell has no duration, and therefore cannot be selected as a constant effect.