PDA

View Full Version : Should i become a vampire?

JJaX
06-28-2002, 09:50 AM
I have like a 20,000+ bounty and a death warrant on my head. Im at level 13 and im a tough SOB. But being i have such a high bounty noone really wants to deal with me. Since im an outcast already should i go find a vampire and get bit to become one too??

Will the guilds im in already still talk to me?

SkoalMint
06-28-2002, 10:29 AM
Why don't you just get the bounty cleared???

I've been thinking about the vamp route myself. But I think I'll try it with my next char.

RudedogX
06-28-2002, 10:36 AM
Can you become a vampire after you have the cure for corprus? I've been trying to figure that out.

EHWfedPres
06-28-2002, 10:43 AM
How long will you stay a vampire? do u need to be cured or will it wear off?

JJaX
06-28-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Why don't you just get the bounty cleared???

I've been thinking about the vamp route myself. But I think I'll try it with my next char.

I cannot get it cleared.....
- If i speak with a guard he says theres a death warrant for my head and trys to kill me. (besides, Guards chase me when they see me)

- I cant do the fort moonmoth quest because the guy says i need to pay my debt to society and wont talk to me, he just says good bye

- I cant join the theives to get the connections to clear bountys, Although i surpass there minimum requirements, I think my bounty prevents that.

- The marong tong wont let me join, they dont like murderers :rolleyes:

- So im fuked..........

Alien
06-28-2002, 12:31 PM
If I were you, I'd become a vampire. Then you could kill all those guards.

JJaX
06-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Alien
If I were you, I'd become a vampire. Then you could kill all those guards.

Ok cool, Where can i find me a vampire :D

Knight
06-28-2002, 12:39 PM
Try a Tomb

Alien
06-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Yeah, tombs. And when/if you become a Vampire, you'll have a blood line. You'll be able to join that blood line's clan. I'm not a vampire, so I dont know them or anything, just read it.

JJaX
06-28-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Try a Tomb

Any ancestral tomb?

Knight
06-28-2002, 12:43 PM
There's a tomb near Molag Mar that has them!!

Knight
06-28-2002, 12:45 PM
Just so you know Vampire dust has a value of 500!!

Knight
06-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Anyone know of a good shop not far from Caldera??

Alien
06-28-2002, 12:53 PM
Some have them, some don't. I found the clan bloodlines, they are : Berne, Aundae, and Quarra.

The Berne Clan, led by Raxle Berne, is based at the Galom Daeus Observatory in the northern central part of the Molag Amur mountain range. They can also be found in the Raviro Ancesteral Tomb west of Molag Mar, the Othrelas Ancesteral Tomb near Balur Salvu's farm outside of Vivec, and the Andrethi Ancesteral Tomb southeast of Hlormaren.

The Aundae clan, led by Dhaunayne Aundae, is the opposite of Berne. It's about as far as it can be from the populous west. Based at the tomb Ashmelech on an island southwest of Sheogorad, the Aundae vampires have additional lairs in the Sarethi Ancesteral Tomb northwest of Dagon Fel, the Dulo Ancesteral Tomb west of Golam Daeus, and the Aralen Ancesteral Tomb south of the Zainab Ashlander camp.

The Quarra clan, let by Volrina Quarra, is based at the Dwemer ruin Druscashti, southwest of the Urshilaku Ashlander camp. You'll also find Quarra vampires in the Serano Ashlander Tomb near Galom Daeus, the Hleran Ancesteral Tomb west of Ald'ruhn, and then Alen Ancesteral Tomb west of Khuul.

I hope this helps all you vampire wanters, I typed this so it matches what the guide book says exactly. :)

JJaX
06-28-2002, 01:00 PM
Some have them, some don't. I found the clan bloodlines, they are : Berne, Aundae, and Quarra.

The Berne Clan, led by Raxle Berne, is based at the Galom Daeus Observatory in the northern central part of the Molag Amur mountain range. They can also be found in the Raviro Ancesteral Tomb west of Molag Mar, the Othrelas Ancesteral Tomb near Balur Salvu's farm outside of Vivec, and the Andrethi Ancesteral Tomb southeast of Hlormaren.

The Aundae clan, led by Dhaunayne Aundae, is the opposite of Berne. It's about as far as it can be from the populous west. Based at the tomb Ashmelech on an island southwest of Sheogorad, the Aundae vampires have additional lairs in the Sarethi Ancesteral Tomb northwest of Dagon Fel, the Dulo Ancesteral Tomb west of Golam Daeus, and the Aralen Ancesteral Tomb south of the Zainab Ashlander camp.

The Quarra clan, let by Volrina Quarra, is based at the Dwemer ruin Druscashti, southwest of the Urshilaku Ashlander camp. You'll also find Quarra vampires in the Serano Ashlander Tomb near Galom Daeus, the Hleran Ancesteral Tomb west of Ald'ruhn, and then Alen Ancesteral Tomb west of Khuul.

I hope this helps all you vampire wanters, I typed this so it matches what the guide book says exactly. :)

you the man!!! THANKS!! :) :) :) :)

Dre
06-28-2002, 01:02 PM

Thanks for taking the time to do this Alien.. it really helped!

Thanks

RudedogX
06-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Well, since I think someone said that you can become a vampire by eating vampire dust, maybe you can still become one after getting the cure for corprus.

Knight
06-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Well, since I think someone said that you can become a vampire by eating vampire dust, maybe you can still become one after getting the cure for corprus.

Nope the dust doesn't do it!!

Knight
06-28-2002, 01:54 PM
http://diggallery.tripod.com/dgallery/id9.html

HamsterKing
06-28-2002, 02:01 PM
do you still wear armor and use weapons wen your a vampire? and how can you heal if your a vampire. and once you become a vampire, do you have to give up on the main quest? I think once my heavyt armor/ long blade guy becomes strong enough, he'll become a vampire

JJaX
06-28-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by HamsterKing
do you still wear armor and use weapons wen your a vampire? and how can you heal if your a vampire. and once you become a vampire, do you have to give up on the main quest? I think once my heavyt armor/ long blade guy becomes strong enough, he'll become a vampire

what i can recall

- yes u still have and can use all your stuff and skills
- You dont get health back when you rest, You get a new skill that lets you drain blood for health
- You can still do the main quest, but i would imagine its harder
- And no, Just increasing your Long blade /heavy armor skills does not turn you into a vampire, You bust catch the disease

HamsterKing
06-28-2002, 02:23 PM
nono, what I meant was once I get stronger as in training more so i can take on guards and stuff :P

RudedogX
06-28-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Nope the dust doesn't do it!!

Hmm...so again then, can you still become one after you've gotten the corprus cure?

Knight
06-28-2002, 02:37 PM

Hmm...so again then, can you still become one after you've gotten the corprus cure?

I don't know!! But the dust doesn't do any thing at all!!

JJaX
06-28-2002, 02:38 PM

I would imagine the "corpus cure" is like a 1 time shot, Like a cure disease.

HamsterKing
06-28-2002, 04:09 PM
Im thinking of a vampire character. any suggestions for minors/major skills?

Koopa
06-28-2002, 04:24 PM
i dont have a guide or anything so uh.....what exactly are the benefits of being a vampire?
[edit] nevermind i read the other thread...

soo.....whats up you guys?

SlightlySycho
06-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I would imagine the "corpus cure" is like a 1 time shot, Like a cure disease. *SPOILER* [highlight to read]

No it isn't. If you follow the main storyline you will inevitably catch Corprus (it's a plot device; there's no way around it). You have to travel to Tel Fyr to find a Telvanni who runs a Corprusarium. He'll give you a potion that'll remove the effects (after you retrieve something from his dungeon; I nearly tore his throat out then and there). But the thing is he says you're not really "cured" of Corprus. You just retain the positive effects: 100% immunity to Common, Blight, and Corprus Diseases. That's reason to make somebody wonder if they can still become a Vampire.

By the way, was there any sort of time limit on this quest? Or do you just perpetually have the disease until you do the quest? I was just kind of curious.

Alien
06-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
i dont have a guide or anything so uh.....what exactly are the benefits of being a vampire?
[edit] nevermind i read the other thread...

soo.....whats up you guys? Okay, from the guide book again:

When you become a vampire, you receive a 20 Point boost in these stats: Strenght, Willpower, and Speed.

You also recieve a 30 Point boost in these skills: Sneak, Athletics, Acrobatics, Hand-to-Hand, Unarmored, Mysticism, Illusion, and Destruction.
So already, your character is very strong...
And when you join a blood line (clan), you get bonuses for being in that blood line:

Berne vampires recieve a 20 Point boost in Agility and an additional 20 Point boost in the Sneak, Unarmored, and Hand-to-Hand skills.

Aundae vampires recieve a 20 Point boost in the Short Blade skill and an additional 20 Point boost in Willpower, Mysticism, and Destruction skills.

Quarra vampires recieve a 20 Point boost in Blunt Weapon, and an additional 20 Point boost in Strenght, Hand-to-Hand, and Heavy Armor skills.

Vampires are also immune to Paralysis and Common Disease, and they have a high resistance to normal weapon. (50%)

They also recieve two new spells: Vampire Touch (an extremely valuable spell that drains your opponite's health while restoring your own) and a more potent, longer lasting version of the Levitate Spell.

Koopa
06-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Okay, from the guide book again:

When you become a vampire, you receive a 20 Point boost in these stats: Strenght, Willpower, and Speed.

You also recieve a 30 Point boost in these skills: Sneak, Athletics, Acrobatics, Hand-to-Hand, Unarmored, Mysticism, Illusion, and Destruction.
So already, your character is very strong...
And when you join a blood line (clan), you get bonuses for being in that blood line:

Berne vampires recieve a 20 Point boost in Agility and an additional 20 Point boost in the Sneak, Unarmored, and Hand-to-Hand skills.

Aundae vampires recieve a 20 Point boost in the Short Blade skill and an additional 20 Point boost in Willpower, Mysticism, and Destruction skills.

Quarra vampires recieve a 20 Point boost in Blunt Weapon, and an additional 20 Point boost in Strenght, Hand-to-Hand, and Heavy Armor skills.

Vampires are also immune to Paralysis and Common Disease, and they have a high resistance to normal weapon. (50%)

They also recieve two new spells: Vampire Touch (an extremely valuable spell that drains your opponite's health while restoring your own) and a more potent, longer lasting version of the Levitate Spell.

....but what about the disadvantages? people hate you, noone is willing to do services for/with you (barter, transport, etc.).......right?

SkoalMint
06-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I cannot get it cleared.....
- If i speak with a guard he says theres a death warrant for my head and trys to kill me. (besides, Guards chase me when they see me)

- I cant do the fort moonmoth quest because the guy says i need to pay my debt to society and wont talk to me, he just says good bye

- I cant join the theives to get the connections to clear bountys, Although i surpass there minimum requirements, I think my bounty prevents that.

- The marong tong wont let me join, they dont like murderers :rolleyes:

- So im fuked..........

Well to answer the original question....

You might as well become a vampire. At least get the benefits of being an outcast.

Alien
06-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Koopa

....but what about the disadvantages? people hate you, noone is willing to do services for/with you (barter, transport, etc.).......right? While being a Vampire, you're extremely powerful. But, there is a downside, yes. Very few people will talk to you. The Undead-hating Dunmer will shun you. Some people will even attack you. Aside from the Mages Guild, and House Telavanni, and the other Vampires, you will be in a world of one. You won't be able to do much except for kill people, and while you can preform some of the Mages Guild/Telavanni Quests, quests that take you out of those respective spheres may prove impossible to complete. And, yes, you can still do the Main Quest as a Vampire. You can also take damage from Sunlight, which makes it hard to get from place to place via walking.

So about bartering and transport, since the people won't talk to you, I think they will refuse thier services. Unless you warp between Mages Guilds. Or you could use Levitation Spells, I use them to travel a lot.

SlightlySycho
06-28-2002, 06:17 PM
OK, I know resting won't restore your health, but what about potions and spells? Do they work the same as they would if you weren't a Vampire? Do they have no effect on you? Or do they harm you (Final Fantasy logic, there)?

ScorpionX
06-28-2002, 06:21 PM
I'm in the same situation as JJax, I think I will become a vampire because I have no other option.

Yannie Boy
06-28-2002, 08:56 PM
so get bitten and let the corpus disease kick in right?