PDA

View Full Version : Xbox is Worth It

faceoff508
06-28-2002, 10:26 AM
June 27, 2002 - Worth magazine points out the cool expensive stuff that'll make your neighbors jealous and your enemies envious with the Annual A-list. The top products in 21 more or less unrelated categories and the runners up have been revealed and your beloved Xbox is one of them.
No, as hard as it tried, the Xbox didn't win for Best PDA or Travel Website. Those awards went to Sony's Clie NR70V and Travelocity, respectively. Sony will just have to happy with that award for its overgrown calculator because the best videogame console according to Worth magazine was the mighty Xbox. Surely the PS2 or GameCube was runner-up in such a niche category? Nay, we say. The honor of runner-up videogame console goes to Nintendo's GameBoy Advance. Worth certainly has a thing for overgrown calculators.
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/363/363538p1.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I geuss people envey Xbox Owners cause we are rich!! lol!! But the Xbox has won another award horray!!

Young_Fledgling
06-28-2002, 10:27 AM
lol i guess so... my cousin came over and i told him he should get an xbox and he said "sorry i am not a rich boy like you" he was kidding kind of... but gees.

Xbox Owner
06-28-2002, 11:04 AM
uh..why do you have to be rich to buy a xbox?

POD13259
06-28-2002, 05:49 PM
You don't have to be rich, you just need to be able to save money, which is kind of hard these days...

JimmieDoogan
06-28-2002, 06:00 PM
Kewl... but what is WORTH magazine... perhaps that's a stupid question, but I don't recall seeing it PROMONENTLY displayed at the racks. I'm not saying it's not a reputable source... its just that I've not heard of it.

Snoopy7548
06-28-2002, 06:04 PM
maybe its from canada or something

E-Xbox
06-28-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
maybe its from canada or something
i neva heard of worth
hehe...
but thats good news..
i always new it was the best buy for the $$$
and i the gba thing was not a shock to me..

peace

wweomaniac
06-28-2002, 09:17 PM
I don't think I need a magazine to tell me that.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-29-2002, 02:17 PM
getting an xbox makes u feel rich but u dont get rich.anyways xbox is definetely worth it and i suggest u guys start playing it more than spamming here at xba.
you guys=xbo,exbox and maybe sometimes faceoff

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 02:24 PM
yea guys, its getting really annoying when you spam. would you please stop? lol:) :D

E-Xbox
06-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
getting an xbox makes u feel rich but u dont get rich.anyways xbox is definetely worth it and i suggest u guys start playing it more than spamming here at xba.
you guys=xbo,exbox and maybe sometimes faceoff
ok mother...
n e thing u say..

peace

DBXNY
06-30-2002, 12:31 PM
Isn't Worth Magazine one of those mags devoted to articles, etc. about wealthy lifestyes, like the Robb Report?

Out of all the 3 consoles, the X-box is the only one that would take full advantage of some very expensive setups, like high-end audio gear for home theaters, HD projectors/displays. I'd say broadband internet connections could fit in there as well since it really does cost substantially more than any dial-up connection.

So, I would say the X-box really is the best gaminig console for the wealthy. Although, you don't have to be wealthy to own one.

Come to think of it, I'm sure I've already spent over $1000 on my Xbox already.

faceoff508
06-30-2002, 03:41 PM
Heres what I found:

Worth, the rich man magazine, has released its annual A-List. In the A-List they decided the best product and the runner up in 21 different categories. Xbox is the best videogame console, the runner up? Cube? Sony? Dreamcast!? Nope, the Game Boy Advanced.

Young_Fledgling
06-30-2002, 03:59 PM
the main page stole ur post LOL they just posted this news on the front page.. it has been here much longer ;) :)

Hugh_Jass
07-01-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Heres what I found:

Worth, the rich man magazine, has released its annual A-List. In the A-List they decided the best product and the runner up in 21 different categories. Xbox is the best videogame console, the runner up? Cube? Sony? Dreamcast!? Nope, the Game Boy Advanced.

I guess I would agree with that ranking.