PDA

View Full Version : IV Heard SOme very BAD BAD News, Can I please get some clarification if it is True

hellochurcho
06-28-2002, 06:32 PM
I attend tafe and do a computer corse. My Teacher has said to me that I should not by a modchip because when MS realease later games they are going to change the Mod spec and they won't work on my console! Is this True? Or is my Teacher just a fool?

Caliadar
06-28-2002, 07:01 PM
I dont think thats true. They would have to modify your machine, not the game code. But good luck finding a mod chip, MS has been going hardcore into shutting them all down.

stang46
06-28-2002, 08:09 PM
You know you could always just unsolder the wires if you ever did have a problem.

Young_Fledgling
06-28-2002, 11:15 PM
my advice would be to never get a mod chip... microsoft are not dummies... they know what they are doing.

xboxmaster2002
06-28-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
my advice would be to never get a mod chip... microsoft are not dummies... they know what they are doing.

yeah i agree, i'm sure they thought of this a long time ago because they knew this would happen.

Scarlet Spider
06-28-2002, 11:34 PM
they can make it to where you cant play the games if you have a modchip, sony did it with psx, i think the first game to be able to detect a mod chip was dino crisis 2, i know crash bash can detect mod chips. then they made a stealth chip.. so i guess there is going to have to be a steath chip for xbox, cuz if sony can do it M$ can

VAN
06-29-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by hellochurcho
I attend tafe and do a computer corse. My Teacher has said to me that I should not by a modchip because when MS realease later games they are going to change the Mod spec and they won't work on my console! Is this True? Or is my Teacher just a fool?

My advice would be to stop "doing" that computer "corse" and enroll in a decent English program. :D

(sorry...put a bullet in my gun and I'm gonna squeeze the trigger)

Welcome to XBA! :)

l Maximus l
06-29-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

My advice would be to stop "doing" that computer "corse" and enroll in a decent English program. :D

(sorry...put a bullet in my gun and I'm gonna squeeze the trigger)

Welcome to XBA! :)

Eye went 2 skool...they learned me good :D

BDHES
06-29-2002, 08:01 AM
LMAO...

Just reminded me of "The Beverly Hillbillies" when Jethro says..

"I graduated the 5th grade"....

and he's holding up 4 fingers...
:eek:

"still chuckling"

Adios,
BDHES

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 10:07 AM
What do you need a mod chip for anyway?

Crazy Joe
06-29-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
What do you need a mod chip for anyway?

to play stuff the Xbox currently won't play, like VCDs, MP3s, CD-Rs, other region DVDs and games, etc., mod chips don't just make it so you can play burned games.

rocksback
06-29-2002, 10:49 PM
lol Good one Maximus!

Spaztic
07-01-2002, 01:53 PM
....M$ could do something like this...but then again, there will be ways around it or a patch will be made....just remember if it can be made it can be broken!

DOOM
07-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by hellochurcho
YES, It Is true...

CodeMonkey
07-01-2002, 08:01 PM
I doubt very much this is true, i mean its not like it uses flash memory or anything, its hardware. And I as long as you have a MOD switch then there will be no probs
If your MOD communicates with the BIOS then they will be able to detect it, if they should want to

Nerrad529
07-01-2002, 09:31 PM
I doubt it is true but you never know with microsoft they got a ton of $$$$$. They are pretty good a blocking stuff if they really want too.