PDA

View Full Version : Enchanting...

preetz16
06-28-2002, 10:27 PM
So how exactly do you enchant stuff. I know how to use the spell and trap the soul. And I know how to go to the enchanter and put in an item and a soul stone w/ a soul. My question is: How do you get new Magical Effects, because the only ones I have to choose from are the ones that originally came with my charachter (Sheild, and Water-walking). Also I'm very interested in constant effects...Any help is appreciated.

sholmes983
06-29-2002, 08:05 AM
To enchant an item just use the gem, and it will give you the option to make an enchanted item, and recharge one.. hit make an enchanted item. And to enchant an item with a spell, you have to own the spell, so if you want an effect, you have to go buy the spell for that effect.

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 08:12 AM
You really cant make any God-like enchantments, such as Chameleon for 100% constant effect...I tried it, nothing has 500 enchantment...i think if you have enough money to buy something like that, you deserve an award.

sholmes983
06-29-2002, 10:14 AM
Some spells you can stack on top of each other, I think chameleon will stack, along with sanctuary, and stuff like that.

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by sholmes983
Some spells you can stack on top of each other, I think chameleon will stack, along with sanctuary, and stuff like that.

What do you mean Stack? Put it in 25% 4 times? Would that have an effect on the enchantment numbers, and will it combine the spell to have 100% effectivness instead of 25 4 times?

sholmes983
06-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Yep, I might be talking out of my butt, so don't believe anything I say because I haven't tried it, but one trick I read about is putting together an outfit with combined 100 sanctuary.

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 11:35 AM
Well enchanting different pieces with a little bit each is another thing...wouldnt work with chameleon tho...fortify spells, stuff like that...will work.

preetz16
06-29-2002, 03:51 PM
cool, thanks, but how do I get a constant effect?

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 03:56 PM
make it with a grand soul gem worth 80k. (either Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper) There's a trick where you make it with the constant effect, then take away the grand solu gem and put in a crappy one...and constant effect stays. :D

SlightlySycho
06-29-2002, 06:28 PM
How would you make an item that discharges when you strike something. I recently acquired a Daedric Swortsword, and I'd like to make a sword that does 1 to 20 points of Fire, Poison, Frost, and Shock damage (each :cool: ) whenever it hits something. Unfortunately, my Daedra Lord soul gem wouldn't give me that effect. Do I need to find a Golden Saint?

And yes, I do expect that to cost a pretty penny.:D

JJaX
07-01-2002, 08:01 AM
how do i soul trap, I casted the spell and this gray mist floated around my enemy. They when i killed it i didnt get its soul and my Gem was still empty. What am i doing wrong here?

RudedogX
07-01-2002, 09:01 AM
Enchanting the swords, is cast on strike. Actually, if you get a 100/100 disposition with an enchanter, it probably won't cost that much. I paid 6,000 for my daedric katana enchanted with 25 absorb health and 14 fire damage.

As for your question JJax, you've gotta kill the person within the time limit and you have to have a big enough soul gem. If you don't have the big enough soul gem, you won't capture jack!

JJaX
07-01-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

As for your question JJax, you've gotta kill the person within the time limit and you have to have a big enough soul gem. If you don't have the big enough soul gem, you won't capture jack!

Gothca, So i would need a grand soul gem to capture a winged twighlight huh? A Petty soul gem wont do :D

RudedogX
07-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Definetly not. Grand will capture the winged twilight, golden saint and ascended sleeper. Basically, get a better soul gem.

ScorpionX
07-01-2002, 10:30 AM
I have a question abou spells. I bought a spell that I couldn't use because I dodn't have enought magicka. Now I do have more than enough but the chance is still 0. Do I have to buy a new spell or something?

RudedogX
07-01-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
I have a question abou spells. I bought a spell that I couldn't use because I dodn't have enought magicka. Now I do have more than enough but the chance is still 0. Do I have to buy a new spell or something?

Are you trained in the field that the spell is used for? For example, if you don't have enough training in destruction, it's going to be hard for you to fire a fireball at something, even if you have a ton of magicka. In otherwords, train. Also, if you're trying to summon, summoning a Golden Saint or a Winged Twilight seem almost impossible unless you enchant them.

That's why I love my 3 pendants and one ring. I get a nice little army of Fire Atronach, Storm Atronach, Winged Twilight, and Golden Saint doing my work for me!:eek:

I let them all go to town on all of Balmora and Caldera last night after my last save of the night, I didn't even have to raise a finger. Gotta love it!;)

Calve
07-03-2002, 11:15 AM
hey where did you guys get the soul trap spell?!?!?!?!?:confused: ive been looking everywhere and cant find it!!!!:confused:

Peace:(

Dre
07-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Calve
hey where did you guys get the soul trap spell?!?!?!?!?:confused: ive been looking everywhere and cant find it!!!!:confused:

Peace:(

Balmora mages guild.

Plewis
07-05-2002, 02:03 PM
i also found a soul trap scroll in a tomb... but ur best off getting the spell its only like 60 gold. and if I do soul trap to a rat, and I had a grand soul gem and a petty soul gem would it go into the grand soul gem because I dont want that:D