PDA

View Full Version : Will MGS2S be the start of a trend??

Highlite23
06-29-2002, 12:28 AM
I was reading the interview with Hideo Kojima in OXM and was pleasatlly surprsed...

"Hideo Kojima describes Metal Gear Substance as the true form of Metal Gear Solid 2."

If the sales are exceptional for this title, do you think other developers who are on the fence may decide to give there games the XBOX makeover and deliver there "true" vision of their games.

Is it possible that some of the titles that, up till now, are considered "Exclusive" to other systems may end up in the black and green?

Will the fact that the XBOX versions may be considered the best versions help sales??

Here is my point...In the latest GI they showed NPD top 20 (Units sold through april)

#1 Spiderman PS2 GI Score 7.75
#5 Spiderman XBOX GI Score 8.25 (because of XBOX bonuses and graphics)

So what wins out?? Quality or Quantaty? In the long run i would hope Quality. In which case i'm happy to be an XBOX owner.

I'll end it with the quote that followed the #1 spot PS2 version of Spiderman (oddly enough the word "Inferior PS2" pops up alot when pubs talk about games that were simultaniouslly released):

"Although the PS2 version is slightly inferior to the others, the massive installed base of the console keeps this one ahead of the pack."

thAshAdyOne
06-29-2002, 12:49 AM
if this means that ps2 exclusive games will be done over and better on the box, i say good for us!!

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 10:11 AM
Quality is far better than Quantity. I'd rather have a little bit of something great than a load of crap.

faceoff508
06-29-2002, 10:30 AM
ps2 Gets 3 games per week:rolleyes: and they are all crap!! Like Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16, the Britany Spears game, the unicorn game and much more that are stupid and dumb!!

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
ps2 Gets 3 games per week:rolleyes: and they are all crap!! Like Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16, the Britany Spears game, the unicorn game and much more that are stupid and dumb!!

Yeah, PS2 gets one really good game every 2 or 3 years...and it gets old in a month or so. :D