PDA

View Full Version : Gunmetal awesome game

Afro Aura
06-29-2002, 07:11 AM
just got myself Gunmetal yesterday and this game is awesome, I had some of my Game Cube friends round last night and they didn't have nothing to say about it hahaha they were going on about how smooth it was and the graphics are great with effect that your flying through some clouds is really cool and I love the change from mech to plane, and when it's loading a new level the mission is told to you so it not one of the static screens with a picture this kicks Rouge Leader on it's side and thats a comment from the CG owners hahaha 1 up

faceoff508
06-29-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
just got myself Gunmetal yesterday and this game is awesome, I had some of my Game Cube friends round last night and they didn't have nothing to say about it hahaha they were going on about how smooth it was and the graphics are great with effect that your flying through some clouds is really cool and I love the change from mech to plane, and when it's loading a new level the mission is told to you so it not one of the static screens with a picture this kicks Rouge Leader on it's side and thats a comment from the CG owners hahaha 1 up

ummmmmmm... its not out yet!!! It hits stores in July I think!!

Afro Aura
06-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508

ummmmmmm... its not out yet!!! It hits stores in July I think!!
hehehe Yes it is over here in the UK, it's made by a company thats in the UK "Rage"

I bought it yesterday 28/6/02 and I'm sure it's not my imagination that it's in my flat

E-Vader
06-29-2002, 10:03 AM
I thought it came out July 3rd, thats for Australia.

Anyways I wanna get it I was reading up on it a few days ago and it looks hot:D

wweomaniac
06-29-2002, 10:28 AM
omg... you scared me there. I didn't know it came out already. In the UK i c...

tell me something. This plane to bot deal... I've been wondering this for a long time:

can you change from mech to plane and back as many times as you want? or is there a limit?

faceoff508
06-29-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
omg... you scared me there. I didn't know it came out already. In the UK i c...

tell me something. This plane to bot deal... I've been wondering this for a long time:

can you change from mech to plane and back as many times as you want? or is there a limit?

Yes!!:)

wweomaniac
06-29-2002, 11:01 AM

Yes!!:) so you can change back as much as you want?

Afro Aura
06-29-2002, 11:02 AM

Yes!!:)
Hey Faceoff508 you were just cussing me about the game saying the game wasn't out and now your answering this question
have you got the game mate?

anyway wweomaniac you can transform as many times as you like by just pressing the yellow button

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Is there multiplayer? As in deathmathes and such?

Afro Aura
06-29-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Is there multiplayer? As in deathmathes and such?
NO mate it's a one person game, it's a shame as in the making they said they would make it a split screen game like Halo
Oh well it's still a good game though

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 11:50 AM
Aww, shìt. No multiplayer = no replay value = not for me. :(

CRAIG123
06-29-2002, 12:23 PM
it is out in the u.k! i might go and rent now..

faceoff508
06-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Aww, shìt. No multiplayer = no replay value = not for me. :(

Enclave: No multiplayer = no replay value = and your still getting it! YOu are just so...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 12:33 PM
can u post some screens? i forget what it looks like, lol

iliveonafarm
06-29-2002, 12:38 PM
does anyone know of a UK site that has reviewed this game yet?

faceoff508
06-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
can u post some screens? i forget what it looks like, lol

http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/61/1023196425.jpg
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/61/1023196420.jpg
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/61/1023196416.jpg
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/61/1023196411.jpg
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/61/1023196413.jpg

Frostberg
06-29-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by iliveonafarm
does anyone know of a UK site that has reviewed this game yet?
http://www.gamefaction.com/xbox/reviews/gunmetal/

l Maximus l
06-29-2002, 08:20 PM

NO mate it's a one person game, it's a shame as in the making they said they would make it a split screen game like Halo

No multi-player...that's a damn shame. :(

No Fear 23
06-29-2002, 08:25 PM
when is it coming out for US?? how many mission do u have to do??

No Fear 23
06-29-2002, 08:41 PM
nvm, it comes out in july 30th or 31st and there r 25 missions. this game cost 39.99 and it will be worth it since it dosent have multiplayer. im gonna pick this game up when it comes out!

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 08:42 PM
nice. im gonna buy it. it looks so awesome

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Nice to see the UK getting a game before the US

:D

The transition from bot to plane is smooth and nice, as I seen this at my local game shop. I was intending to pick this game up, but from the footage of game play I saw, I was relatively disappointed. I will definitely rent it though as it may prove me wrong from my first impression of the game

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 08:58 PM
do u like rage software? a sweet game by them came with my comp. it was called incoming. oh man, that game was off the hizzy fo sheezy. i loved that game. its so addicting and crazy awesome. have u ever played it? its so awesome

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 09:00 PM
do u like rage software? a sweet game by them came with my comp. it was called incoming. oh man, that game was off the hizzy fo sheezy. i loved that game. its so addicting and crazy awesome. have u ever played it? its so awesome

Yeah i got that game with one of my PC. i also got BLADE RUNNER DVD

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 09:02 PM
nice. have u ever played the blade runner game for the pc? its so awesome, i loved it. i bought it when i got my pc, it was so fun. it was one of the best games ever, lol:D

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 09:03 PM
nice. have u ever played the blade runner game for the pc? its so awesome, i loved it. i bought it when i got my pc, it was so fun. it was one of the best games ever, lol:D

yeah that is for the PC...
my blade runner game, is on a DVD
its a good game

and Afro, are you a night hawk as well

:D its like 03:05 AM

Afro Aura
06-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9

Dear....God.

It's the world's largest run-on sentence. :eek:
LOL you got me there, I was a work and I just wanted people to know about the game and I didn't have much time to read through and tell you the truth I looked at it again and it is pretty bad
oh no another run-on aaahh :D

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 09:05 PM
yea. yours is on a dvd? when i got mine, it came on 4 cds, lol. but that was like 2 years ago, lol.

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 09:07 PM
yea. yours is on a dvd? when i got mine, it came on 4 cds, lol. but that was like 2 years ago, lol.

Yeah, I was what game on a dvd, WOW, I’m going back a bit like..
But yeah, now I know why if it was on four CD..
I also got total annihilation and mdk
I love MDK, well I did, not played it in ages

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 09:09 PM
yea. the game had a full install option, and it took up like 1.4 gigs, lol.

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 09:15 PM
yea. the game had a full install option, and it took up like 1.4 gigs, lol.

Shesh, when i got this game, my harddrive only had somthing like 5 gig
Sorry Afro for going off topic
its Snoops fault
lol

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 09:18 PM
haha, youre the one who brought up the subject of blade runner. lol

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Only after you started about incoming

*Blows raspberry at snoops*

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 09:23 PM
haha. but then you brought up the subject about blade runner. lol. you could have just said: "yea snoop, rage is a good company, anyway, lets get back on topic. oh and by the way, youre so awesome dude!":D :)

Afro Aura
06-29-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

Shesh, when i got this game, my harddrive only had somthing like 5 gig
Sorry Afro for going off topic
its Snoops fault
lol
LOL don't worry mate, I think with the pictures its got people looking for reviews
If you like Incoming you'll love this as it's a step-up on that and it's just so smooth

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 09:26 PM
i loved incoming. especially when u played as the gun turrets thing in like the first mission. man, those were the days, lol. the best was blowin up the enemies, and that like halo thing came out or whatever, lol.:D EDIT: shockwave! its called a shockwave, lol.

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 09:31 PM

LOL don't worry mate, I think with the pictures its got people looking for reviews
If you like Incoming you'll love this as it's a step-up on that and it's just so smooth
Yeah, it does look good. posted this on the other 2nd page about it

The transition from bot to plane is smooth and nice, as I seen this at my local game shop. I was intending to pick this game up, but from the footage of game play I saw, I was relatively disappointed. I will definitely rent it though as it may prove me wrong from my first impression of the game..
Just hope is nothing like gunvalcyre
LOL i know its not spelt right...

god 03:31 AM

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 09:32 PM
its only 10:30 pm where i live, lol. im gonna go watch tv soon i think

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 09:39 PM
its only 10:30 pm where i live, lol. im gonna go watch tv soon i think

Dude, should u not be tucked up in bed by now? With ya whinny da poo pyjamas

LOL

Snoopy7548
06-29-2002, 09:41 PM
i dont have winny the poo pajamas!!! i have teletubbie pajamas, thank you very much! lol.:D

CodeMonkey
06-29-2002, 09:43 PM
LOL

Oh well, i was not that far off
hey, so the tv on there chest, i guess ya have your box hooked up 2 that

OK back on thread topic

Afro Aura
06-29-2002, 09:54 PM
LOL CodeMonkey it's nothing like Gunvalkyrie (I spelt that right I think hehehe) the controls are like Halo in mech mode but plane is a bit funny though as the right thumbstick it the boost and brake

man, I got to get some sleep almost 4.00am as I want to watch the Germany vs Brazil match later on
I hope Brazil win (I got cash on it hehe):D

No Fear 23
06-29-2002, 11:11 PM
what is that game like?? is it hard to learn? can u fly wherever u want?

E-Vader
06-29-2002, 11:52 PM
I've just been checking out the website www.rage.co.uk and dowloaded some of the music tracks for the game and I have to say that the music is allmost identical to Dark Reign II, not that thats a bad thing or anything.

And irule23 according to OAXM the learning curve for it is realy steep but in a challenging way not a throw the controller way.

Afro Aura
06-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by irule23
what is that game like?? is it hard to learn? can u fly wherever u want?
YES you can but the only problem with that you may fail your misson but it's great just flying around for the first time as the graphic are great you can kill the animals, burn down the forest, stamp on your enemys (blood everywhere) destroy buildings and walls ah and those cloud effects are really cool when you flying around

the steep learning curve isn't that bad as long as you've got to grips with the plane as the mech is easy to use (plays like master chef in Halo) you shouldn't have no problem

Poet
06-30-2002, 05:23 AM

Damn. Oh well - still looking forward to having a go!

Magnum Blast
06-30-2002, 09:53 AM
I think I heard somewhere that you could use your soundtracks in Gunmetal. Is this true because this seems like the perfect game for my Lords of Thunder songs.

CodeMonkey
06-30-2002, 09:59 AM
Thing is, I have Hunter pre ordered, (but I could swap if need be) and I have been waiting for this game since forever. Now that there all this hype about Gunmetal, and AFRO with you saying it’s a great game, I’m not to sure which to get..
I mean Hunter comes out on the 5 of July, so just 5 days away. Decisions, Decisions

U looking forward to Hunter Afro?

Snoopy7548
06-30-2002, 11:41 AM
i already beat hunter. its fun while youre playing it, but after you beat it, theres nothing else to do. anyway, i wanna get gunmetal. are there like big buildings that you can destroy? i like destroying things in games. can u like destroy anything you want? how many levels are there?

Afro Aura
06-30-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Magnum Blast
I think I heard somewhere that you could use your soundtracks in Gunmetal. Is this true because this seems like the perfect game for my Lords of Thunder songs.
YES you can mate

Snoopy7548
06-30-2002, 11:59 AM
cool. does it have a system link option? that would be sweet

Afro Aura
06-30-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
Thing is, I have Hunter pre ordered, (but I could swap if need be) and I have been waiting for this game since forever. Now that there all this hype about Gunmetal, and AFRO with you saying it’s a great game, I’m not to sure which to get..
I mean Hunter comes out on the 5 of July, so just 5 days away. Decisions, Decisions

U looking forward to Hunter Afro?
I've got Hunter the Reckoning it's OK and I mean its just OK the graphics are OK and the game doesn't slowdown, but the only thing about it, its a bit boring on your own all you do is just go around shooting and chopping arms and heads off, with is fun for a while but then loses it's appeal, now don't get me wrong I mean I still have it as it's great in multiplayer (well sort of) in 4 play the only thing wrong with that it that the screen doesn't open wide enough for you to get out of sticky situations
It is funny in some areas where you can blow up a car and not tell your friends to get out of the way or trap them in a corner and get the boss or the zombies rape them, as you run in another direction, if I were you I'd think about renting this game first as it's a hit and miss game

But get hold of Gun Metal you'll love that if you like Incoming

dave_m123
06-30-2002, 12:29 PM
Hmm i remember playing incoming on the PC and while it had nice graphics it got boring fast. At the moment with multiple characters, multiplayer plus dismemberment of zombies and stuff it looks like hunter is the better game.

Im deffo gonna rent Gunmetal though as it did look rather cool even though the mech u control runs funny lol :D.

Afro Aura
06-30-2002, 12:29 PM
cool. does it have a system link option? that would be sweet
NO theres no link it would be cool if there was one and with the destorying stuff yes you can destory what ever you want

You VANDAL!!! :D

Snoopy7548
06-30-2002, 01:40 PM
sweet, im gonna get this game now, lol.

(¯`·._)
06-30-2002, 03:28 PM
Xboxxtreme.net is the only one with a review up

Click (http://www.xboxxtreme.net/cgi-bin/reviews/viewnews.cgi?id=EpkVpEuZZuGpBfXXQc)

he got his game 3 weeks ago!

they also have a few screens up

UnitedKingdom
07-09-2002, 08:25 AM
Gun Metal or Hunter, eeerrrrrrrrrrrrr. Its tough, they both look like great games but I want something that will last for a while. From what I've read it looks like gun metal is the smart choice. :cool:

CRAIG123
07-09-2002, 12:55 PM
id say you should get both of them games..maybe not both at the same time if you havent got the $$$$$ but after you bought one of em.. start saving for the other..coz gun metal looks good and hunter is cool..both are "must buys" in my opinion.:)

Knight
07-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Why did the UK get it first??

CRAIG123
07-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Because the company that made it "rage" are based in the uk(liverpool):p

Knight
07-09-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by CRAIG123
Because the company that made it "rage" are based in the uk(liverpool):p

But in North America XBox games sales are 10x times what EU are so we NA should get it first I bet you Rage will make more money off of NA Sales then EU sales!!

CRAIG123
07-09-2002, 01:12 PM
c'mon man we gotta get some games first..! maybe thats why the xbox sales are so poor in europe because of the crappy games..if we start getting some good games out before/same time as NA then maybe the sales will increase..WE NEED MORE GOOD GAMES IN EUROPE INSTEAD OF WAITING UP TO ****ING 6 MONTHS AFTER EVERYONE ELSE (caps off)
check out www.blockbuster.co.uk and look at the xbox games they are all old and pieces of ****..man it ****es me off:mad:
:)

Knight
07-09-2002, 01:26 PM
You can have Shrek: Super Party first and keep it there!!

Knight
07-09-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by CRAIG123
c'mon man we gotta get some games first..! maybe thats why the xbox sales are so poor in europe because of the crappy games..if we start getting some good games out before/same time as NA then maybe the sales will increase..WE NEED MORE GOOD GAMES IN EUROPE INSTEAD OF WAITING UP TO ****ING 6 MONTHS AFTER EVERYONE ELSE (caps off)
check out www.blockbuster.co.uk and look at the xbox games they are all old and pieces of ****..man it ****es me off:mad:
:)

Halo isn't crap!!

CRAIG123
07-10-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Knight

Halo isn't crap!!

yeah i no..lol..well nearly all of them are crap