PDA

View Full Version : Play XBOX on your PC MONITOR!!!!

K-j
06-30-2002, 11:01 AM
This link has an adaptor that will let you play the XBOX on a PC monitor with high resolution, and Dolby Digital sound!

The company appears to be in Germany. The adaptor costs 89 Euros (+p&p). NTSC or PAL versions available.

http://www.digital-x.de/knowhow/xbox/xbox_dx_vga_box/xbox_dx_vga_box.htm#9999

Anyone already got one?

CodeMonkey
06-30-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by K-j
This link has an adaptor that will let you play the XBOX on a PC monitor with high resolution, and Dolby Digital sound!

The company appears to be in Germany. The adaptor costs 89 Euros (+p&p). NTSC or PAL versions available.

http://www.digital-x.de/knowhow/xbox/xbox_dx_vga_box/xbox_dx_vga_box.htm#9999

Anyone already got one?

Why would i want to do that, when i have Perfectly large TV
also this is very old news
:D

stang46
06-30-2002, 03:21 PM
Why would i want to do that, when i have Perfectly large TV

Yeah but if you don't have an HDTV than you can't display in 480p on a regular tv. 480p looks much better than 480i, which is what you see on a standard TV.
Also this really isn't old news cause this is the first VGA box that I have seen that displays in true 480p besides the $300 homebuilt unit that was on some hacker xbox site a while back. all the VGA boxes you have seen so far are just line doublers, which is not a progressive scan. They even mention this fact on their website.

"Other available VGA Boxes like the Redant VGA Box for example do not take advantage of the 480p signal of the X-Box. These devices just convert the normal S-Video signal to VGA (simple linedoubling). This results in a poor picture quality compared to real 480p."

Maybe you should investigate a little bit more before saying stuff is old news, sounds like you don't what the technology does...

wweomaniac
06-30-2002, 03:46 PM
well I think that such a gigantic difference in size (TV vs Monitor) would make the tv a better choice even if the quality isn't as good.

I got an S-Video cable and its coming in the mail for me soon. Perhaps the quality will get better with that :)

Young_Fledgling
06-30-2002, 03:58 PM
wweomaniac... try to post if there is better quality with that new cable.. i am considering one of those... tell me if there is any difference.

CodeMonkey
06-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by stang46

Yeah but if you don't have an HDTV than you can't display in 480p on a regular tv. 480p looks much better than 480i, which is what you see on a standard TV.
Also this really isn't old news cause this is the first VGA box that I have seen that displays in true 480p besides the $300 homebuilt unit that was on some hacker xbox site a while back. all the VGA boxes you have seen so far are just line doublers, which is not a progressive scan. They even mention this fact on their website.

"Other available VGA Boxes like the Redant VGA Box for example do not take advantage of the 480p signal of the X-Box. These devices just convert the normal S-Video signal to VGA (simple linedoubling). This results in a poor picture quality compared to real 480p."

Maybe you should investigate a little bit more before saying stuff is old news, sounds like you don't what the technology does...

Dude, ya wanna get ya head out of the powder

Lets see, I can play on my 50 inch TV, sat in comfort, or on my 17 inch monitor at my desk…wonders which to pick

And as for old news, yeah it is OLD NEWS…. at least 3/4 months old…just because its the first you have seen its new....LOL

Snoopy7548
06-30-2002, 06:02 PM
on my 50 inch tv, i have a component cable thingy, but ive never used it, lol. i only use s-video for my dvd player, and regular av cables for my xbox:D

CodeMonkey
06-30-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
on my 50 inch tv, i have a component cable thingy, but ive never used it, lol. i only use s-video for my dvd player, and regular av cables for my xbox:D

Nice snoops
i use the digital out from my ac for the sound and scart for the picture

Snoopy7548
06-30-2002, 06:06 PM
ac? is that like air conditioning plug-ins? oh man, dont get me started on AC, lol.:D :)

CodeMonkey
06-30-2002, 06:16 PM
ac? is that like air conditioning plug-ins? oh man, dont get me started on AC, lol.:D :)
LOL no the AC is where the DC plugs in
:D

Snoopy7548
06-30-2002, 06:17 PM
AC/DC rules! lol

stang46
06-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Lets see, I can play on my 50 inch TV, sat in comfort, or on my 17 inch monitor at my desk…wonders which to pick

I wasn't arguing which one is more comfotable, maybe you need to read my post again. I was arguing based on image quality. And as far as it being 'old' news show me another VGA box that displays at 480p...As far as I know this is the only one available for the Xbox. As far as I'm concerned thats not old news if someone is looking to take full capabilities of thier Xbox but doesn't want to fork over $1500 for a new HDTV. Don't you think I have seen the other VGA boxes posted here before?? I don't think you realize the differences in those products as compared to the product mentioned in the first post. Maybe you need to get you 'head outta the powder' and learn what high definition tv is, then you might understand how this differs from other vga boxes you have seen...Go play your xbox on a HDTV running at 480p or 1080i and then compare it to your tv at 480i, you will easily see the diff...

Xbox Owner
06-30-2002, 08:03 PM
AC/DC rules! lol

lol, don't talk about air conditioning now..hehe

this is old news...

Snoopy7548
07-01-2002, 12:21 PM
air conditioning? well, i have it. its really good, it keeps me cool in the summertime. we have it on right now, its so awesome. none of my friends have it, and theyre all jealous of me, its so funny, lol. its like 1 million times better than those little window air conditioners. haha:D :)

Strider_32002
07-02-2002, 10:15 PM
FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK!