PDA

View Full Version : The Curse Goes On!!!!!!!!!!!

monkeyman
06-30-2002, 07:09 PM
today i was playing morrowind for an hour or so and then my xbox just froze and i couldnt move or do anything so i shut it off for a couple of minutes turned it back on it was playing good and all and then about the same time it froze again:confused:

so i went to a movie (Mr.Deeds which is a kick ass movie) and came back and played for awhile again maybe an hour and a half and then it froze again:confused:

i have played for longggggggggg amounts of time and it has never frozen before or got a dirty disk error wtf is going on im telling you i think like some gc and ps2 fanboys got together and put like a curse on all the xbox so they would break because they dont have our beloved xbox

anyways whatta ya think my xbox is broke or what? (just remember my xbox has never done this before and i have played for hours at a time and this happened after like an hour or so)

Young_Fledgling
06-30-2002, 07:11 PM
wow very wierd.. i would definitely go to www.xbox.com and go to technical support and go to that chat thing were u ask the support represntative... he may give u more info.

sinizuh
06-30-2002, 07:30 PM
i've heard a few others with this problem... dunno how they solved it...

thank god my xbox isn't cursed :D

faceoff508
06-30-2002, 08:37 PM
Well its not really broken!! It might be the disk, cause I know I got the same thing with Morrowind, so it is only the disk!!

yall
06-30-2002, 08:38 PM
its happened to me 2 times in about 60 hours of play. seems to be (at least for me) infrequent enough to be tolerable.

Young_Fledgling
06-30-2002, 08:50 PM
monkeyman ... just out of curiousity... when did u buy ur xbox?

l33t 4n0nZ
06-30-2002, 09:15 PM
I wouldnt run your xbox for 24 hours. Might be over heating.

monkeyman
06-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
monkeyman ... just out of curiousity... when did u buy ur xbox?

kmart:D

Well its not really broken!! It might be the disk, cause I know I got the same thing with Morrowind, so it is only the disk!!

but why after all this time playing just suddenly start now??:confused:

Xbox Owner
06-30-2002, 10:51 PM
lol, kmart..he said "when" not "where" lol

ScorpionX
06-30-2002, 10:51 PM
Morrowind froze 3 times today :confused: and then when I just turned it on a message appears saying the Xbox can't recognize the disc as a game or dvd. Hope it stops freezing.

monkeyman
06-30-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
lol, kmart..he said "when" not "where" lol

ohhhhhhh oops hehehe:D

in between november and december not sure exactly when

silvertrace
07-01-2002, 01:31 AM
well, i've had my xbox since launch and i had never had any problems with freezing until morrowind, so with my sherlock holmes-like deduction i'm gonna go out on a limb and say its.........

MORROWIND

but i'll put up with it since its the best rpg i've played in awhile;)

*and if project ego/fable has the same issues i will gladly set myself on fire:D

Gamegirl
07-01-2002, 02:17 AM
I had no probs. I love the game!!!

Spaztic
07-01-2002, 10:57 AM
dude...it almost sounds like a corrupt hd file for morrowind....the only fix for this is probably "GaSP" delete your character and start over....I would start a new game w/ new character. Then see if it freezes....if that dosn't work....exchange the game.....if it still does it exchange the xbox!

RudedogX
07-01-2002, 11:43 AM
It seems that when your saves for morrowind reach near 200 blocks, that's when a lot of people are experiencing this. I'm not sure, but my saves were near 200 blocks, and suddenly they went back down to 160 and everything was fine. When they hit 200 again though, I started getting the dirty disk deal. It's something w/ morrowind, not your xbox. If you hear your box start to cache a lot of data from Morrowind, slow down your movement to try and let the box catch up. That's one of the suggestions mentioned in another forum anyway, seems to work though.

Spaztic
07-01-2002, 01:48 PM
if it is a cache issue then saving your game and then turning the xbox off sould release your cache! This shouldn't be happening so quick after starting a game...still think its a corrupt file.

Casper
07-01-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
if it is a cache issue then saving your game and then turning the xbox off sould release your cache! This shouldn't be happening so quick after starting a game...still think its a corrupt file.

WAIT!! :)

Ok, it may be a corrupt file on there, but alot of what I have been seeing has to do with the OXM disks..Have you ever played any? If you have, then it is on your hard drive. Delete the OXM disk files that are on there. This maybe the end to your problems. Try it out first. I say this just so you don't have to go and remove your character...Let me know how you make out.

mercsix
07-01-2002, 08:13 PM
I have been having the same problems with MW been playing about 80 hours so far and just in the last day or so it's been locking up so what's the consenus on a fix? I've tried to clean the lens and deleted my MW saved games down to about 4. What's next?

Snake Eyez
07-01-2002, 08:35 PM
Has anyone contacted OXM and asked them why their disks mess the XBox up? This is something that they should fix if they want people to keep getting their mag.

Nerrad529
07-01-2002, 09:35 PM
Very bad news that sucks. Anyway if I were you I would go to xbox.com and check it out or if it gets really bad take it back. Does it happen with other games or is it only morrowind?

Fixxer
07-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Unless its happening with all your games its morrowind... it happens to me all the time on morrowind too... Sometimes I've been 5 min into a morrowind gaming session and have had 3 lockups for dirty disc errors.... in 5 min!!!! They really need to do something about this.. I swear this game is like a love/hate relationship!

Hugh_Jass
07-02-2002, 07:49 AM
I know it isn't conclusive evidence, but I've never loaded an OXM disc and I've never had any problems with Morrowind.

tennyson
07-02-2002, 08:34 AM
I think it may be safe to say that it's just a MW issue. I've had my XBox since November, and never had any freezes or lockups - until MW that is.

I've had one dirty disc error and two freezes in the past couple weeks (I play about two hours a night), but I've never had anything else like that the entire time I've had my XBox. Hopefully, it's a glitch in the game and not the console.

Xtopia
07-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
well, i've had my xbox since launch and i had never had any problems with freezing until morrowind, so with my sherlock holmes-like deduction i'm gonna go out on a limb and say its.........

MORROWIND

Same story with me. But like you said, I just deal with it and move on. But man it can be annoying. I played like 5 hours of quests one day, and it froze....and I did not save! I was so ****ed!

Crazy Joe
07-03-2002, 08:31 AM
once, mine stopped in the middle of the game and said the disc may be dirty or damaged, but it saved my game first

Tkf5000
07-03-2002, 09:10 AM
yea it saves on a file called restore. i also think it is the oxm discs because thats where i encountered my first error back in the days where i daydreamed of morrowind all day.