PDA

View Full Version : Just a thouht on all the "freeze ups"

Highlite23
07-01-2002, 08:23 AM
I know this may sound stupid, and i apologize if anyone is doing so, but are we cleaning our systems ocasionally??

MS says a regular DVD type cleaner works fine.

Just a thought.:)

Casper
07-01-2002, 08:34 AM
I have cans of compressed air that I use, inside the DVD player and the fan for the system itself. I love my Box, and can never be too careful with it :p

wweomaniac
07-01-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
MS says a regular DVD type cleaner works fine.

Just a thought.:)
Can you give me an example of one of these cleaners? My XBOX makes sounds :( Is it used to clean a disc or to clean the dust and debree from within the console?

Magnum Blast
07-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Yeah I'd like a name too. I've had my Xbox for 6 months and I think it would be a good idea to clean it out. I've only had one dirty disc error (Morrowind) and I'd just like to make sure that these don't make an appearance to often.

EHWfedPres
07-01-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by casper
I have cans of compressed air that I use, inside the DVD player and the fan for the system itself. I love my Box, and can never be too careful with it :p

Why would you buy air? Just blow in the vents and everything will be fine. Save yourself a little money...

Snake Eyez
07-01-2002, 12:09 PM
Last week compressed air was buy one get one free at Office Max. The one you buy was $3, so its not that much money you save for a product that could save you XBox.

EHWfedPres
07-01-2002, 12:17 PM
I have 2 lungs full of compressed air and I got them for free. :D

Snoopy7548
07-01-2002, 12:46 PM
lol. i used a lens cleaner, and it didnt work. my pgr still freezes in the same spot

Casper
07-01-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Why would you buy air? Just blow in the vents and everything will be fine. Save yourself a little money...

Well, unlike you, I'm not full of hot air. :rolleyes:

And besides, I work for IT, so I get them for free. ;)

Snoopy7548
07-01-2002, 01:05 PM
lol, compressed air is so awesome. me and my friends were spraying it at each other, lol, i sprayed it in someones face, haha. its so cold, lol:D

Slacker
07-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Commpressed air is cool, but DONT inhale it, and hold it in, and then talk, it makes your voice sound like a Demon ,,,,, and kills lots of brain cells ,,,,,,,,,and may destroy your throat ,,,, Don't ask how I know this,

Whisper
07-02-2002, 12:35 PM
whenever i rent NHL 2002, doesnt matter where or wha copy, always freezes during gameplay and my XBOX makes a buzzing noise... doesnt happen with any other game... and 2002 is my fav game :(

Snoopy7548
07-02-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
Commpressed air is cool, but DONT inhale it, and hold it in, and then talk, it makes your voice sound like a Demon ,,,,, and kills lots of brain cells ,,,,,,,,,and may destroy your throat ,,,, Don't ask how I know this,

lol, i used to inhale helium, and then i would talk. it was so funny. i only did it a few times though.

chili325
07-02-2002, 01:36 PM
A few times,? I love that stuff. This one time, at band camp..well no, but I memorized slim shady by eminem and did the whole song with helium. It was so great.

UltimateAg
07-02-2002, 03:30 PM

Maybe you do a little more blowing than most people, but your lungs aren't capable of producing between 50-140psi of compressed air moisture-free.

JimmieDoogan
07-02-2002, 04:30 PM
I have 2 lungs full of compressed air and I got them for free. :D

Your lungs can cause condensation to build when you blow on things, and you don't want any moisture on electronic stuff. If you use a can of compressed air, its DRY GURANTEED. Can't say that about your lungs... hell if they were dry, I'd see a doctor... N E way, compressed air is alway safer. Even if you THINK its dry because no spit is coming from your mouth, its still HOTTER and MORE DENSE air than that which comes from a CAN of AIR. Safer, no matter what anyone says...

Snoopy7548
07-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg

Maybe you do a little more blowing than most people, but your lungs aren't capable of producing between 50-140psi of compressed air moisture-free.

mine are! lol