PDA

View Full Version : a correction to the last Will the xbox will fail

odpr
07-01-2002, 03:59 PM
hi

in the last thread people thought that I am some guy that like ps2 or nintendo, first of all I want to clear that thing I love the xbox, and it's not in my country yet, but u have to understand that the xbox in usa is doing very good cuz games comes out very soon, but in the pal version there is a lot of delys, I just don't get microsoft why they do it ? why they simply don't give all the games in the multi format why the pal and all this systems, today it's irelevnt!
the xbox isn't doing very good in europe, actualy from what I read it's a complete fail, more then that the reson is not enough games!!

in japan there is no need to say that the xbox lost more then 30 precent of his sales to ps2, and to remind u that I read another article that say that microsft is planing a new console actually a xbox with some digital recorder so it can sell the xbox this way, it will come to the state...

so now may I ask again will the xbox fail>?

bye
(btw: if microsft has a lot of money doesn't mean they are planing to loose all the company money on the xbox system ... belive me gate wil cut it very fast if it see that no profits is coming out of it ..
)

Magnum Blast
07-01-2002, 04:07 PM
For the love of god please tell me english is not your first language. And Microsoft doesn't publish every single Xbox game so don't blame them for the fact that there are so few games out in Europe. Also I read this in another thread but it seams to fit well here. The PS1 didn't catch on for about 2 years after its release but it became that most successfull console of all time. Give it time. Microsoft didn't poor billions into the Xbox just to cancel it in a few years. And btw that Xbox hybrid is just giving people more reason to buy and Xbox over a PS2 or Gamecube. And if I hear one more Dreamcast/Xbox comparison I will kill the person who makes it. The DC was released when Sega was already in deep financial trouble and they had to cancel production because they were losing money on it. Believe me that Microsoft is not going anywhere soon. Edit: Oh and Microsoft never came into this war trying to win. They came in to get a foothold so they could win the next war.

faceoff508
07-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Okay, I am sick and tired of people whing that there are no games in Europe or Japan!! They complain that Morrowind isnt coming until September, and after they whine they blame it on Microsoft!!!Microsoft has no control over games, like Morrowind is not published by Microsoft so it doesnt control when it gets to Europe or Japan. I went on the site and the games that ARE published by Microsoft are coming a month after it comes out here in AMerica!! SO thats not too long, but you people dont get that Microsoft has no control over a game if it isnt the publisher for that game!! So stop blaming it on Microsoft!!

dave_m123
07-01-2002, 04:58 PM
MS does have some control over when games are released as the games are sent to them after they are complete for quality control and testing. If the game is deemed unsuitable for release it is sent back to the developers for fixing. But the rough release date is detirmined by the publisher

CodeMonkey
07-01-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Okay, I am sick and tired of people whing that there are no games in Europe or Japan!! They complain that Morrowind isnt coming until September, and after they whine they blame it on Microsoft!!!Microsoft has no control over games, like Morrowind is not published by Microsoft so it doesnt control when it gets to Europe or Japan. I went on the site and the games that ARE published by Microsoft are coming a month after it comes out here in AMerica!! SO thats not too long, but you people dont get that Microsoft has no control over a game if it isnt the publisher for that game!! So stop blaming it on Microsoft!!

Well im from the UK, and i think in Europe people do have a right to whine. I mean, im picking up hunter on friday (the release day) and how long have you ppl had it already. And as for there not being any games over here, then thats correct, because there aint. we got gunmetal this week and apart from that there has been nothing for a while. As for morrowind, IMO 4 months is a long time to wait for a game.

Spaztic
07-01-2002, 05:16 PM
get a ****ing mod chip then!!!!

CodeMonkey
07-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

Hey calm down my little shagpile..:D
As for moding then i may do at one point, but i aint that stupid to go and blow 1 year warranty on my xbox..
the point is, should people need to do this?

dave_m123
07-01-2002, 05:38 PM

Yeah that would allow us to play NTSC games but it still doesnet change the fact games in europe should not take as long to be released as they currently do.

Spaztic
07-01-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

Hey calm down my little shagpile..:D
As for moding then i may do at one point, but i aint that stupid to go and blow 1 year warranty on my xbox..
the point is, should people need to do this?

shagpile? LOL!

Yeah I wouldn't want to do that if I had a 1 yr. warranty! The fact is Japan still gets all of the ps2 games like a century before the us. Why aren't we *****ing about this....because or the language barrier first of all, we don't hear them yabbering about how good this and that game is! That is the big difference. We share a language and internet sites, so unfortunatly that is just how it works! Sorry you guys don't get the games as soon as us...don't worry though they will be there. Remember pactience is a virtue! At least you guys know what games are good and crap before they even come out! :rolleyes:

CodeMonkey
07-01-2002, 05:54 PM

shagpile? LOL!

Yeah I wouldn't want to do that if I had a 1 yr. warranty! The fact is Japan still gets all of the ps2 games like a century before the us. Why aren't we *****ing about this....because or the language barrier first of all, we don't hear them yabbering about how good this and that game is! That is the big difference. We share a language and internet sites, so unfortunatly that is just how it works! Sorry you guys don't get the games as soon as us...don't worry though they will be there. Remember pactience is a virtue! At least you guys know what games are good and crap before they even come out! :rolleyes:

Yeah thats a good point, at least the US can be our own ginny pigs when a game comes out..
its also understandable about japan, due to the conversion of voice and what not, but for Europe, i cant understand. i mean a month say, but 4 is taking the p!ss IMO...
but yeah we do get them in the end.. its nice to see we get a game before the US and same with Project Ego when it comes out..
:D

dave_m123
07-01-2002, 06:03 PM
Lets hope Project Ego made by an english company is released in britain first.

Afro Aura
07-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Yeah I'll be waiting for Project Ego in the UK
CodeMonkey Morrowind ain't nothing special I think you should rent this game first

Alien
07-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
CodeMonkey Morrowind ain't nothing special Neither are afros.

http://mazeguy.tripod.com/smilies/outfitted/afro.gif

CodeMonkey
07-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Yeah I'll be waiting for Project Ego in the UK
CodeMonkey Morrowind ain't nothing special I think you should rent this game first

You Afro every time we chat you seem to take of the fun out of waiting for a game…lol
JK
So it’s not that good then morrowind? Well I’m mainly waiting for Project ego for my RPG
As u know I pick hunter up this Friday and if I don’t like it, I’m gonna take It back and get Gunmetal or wait for Enclave

faceoff508
07-01-2002, 07:41 PM
Europeans just have to wait until some company from there makes a cocsole:eek:

Hugh_Jass
07-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Magnum Blast
For the love of god please tell me english is not your first language.

The guy is from Israel. He probably speaks Hebrew as a first language. Heck...he speaks English better than half the ghetto-wannabes on this board.

Be that as it may, I find his views disturbing.

Afro Aura
07-02-2002, 05:07 AM

You Afro every time we chat you seem to take of the fun out of waiting for a game…lol
JK
So it’s not that good then morrowind? Well I’m mainly waiting for Project ego for my RPG
As u know I pick hunter up this Friday and if I don’t like it, I’m gonna take It back and get Gunmetal or wait for Enclave
LOL dude I'm just giving you some advice I''ve played them and I've come to my conclusions for these games

but then it's just my conclusions now Outlaw Golf is pretty cool though:D

dave_m123
07-02-2002, 05:14 AM

LOL dude I'm just giving you some advice I''ve played them and I've come to my conclusions for these games

but then it's just my conclusions now Outlaw Golf is pretty cool though:D

Have u played the Xbox version or the PC version of morrowind? If its the pc then its a buggy game and the Xbox version is by most accounts better

How can u have played Outlaw golf and xbox morrowind if u live in england ;)

Phynx
07-02-2002, 05:30 AM
UK is exactly the same as australia hardly any games are out, spiderman has recently been released thats all i know at the moment so all these peeps have the right to whine, you come live in UK or Aust. then you'll feel it, so shut up!:(

Afro Aura
07-02-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by dave_m123

Have u played the Xbox version or the PC version of morrowind? If its the pc then its a buggy game and the Xbox version is by most accounts better

How can u have played Outlaw golf and xbox morrowind if u live in england ;)
Dave how could you... how many time do I have to say I've got a US and a PAL XBOXes so yes I can play games in the UK

Now I have played Morrowind XBOX and it's horrible the graphics are below par, animation stinks, it slowsdown and the battle system in a joke they haven't even taken time to do any XBOX enhancements it's just PC a port to XBOX, I'm just saying this as this in my conclusion of this game, most people like it I don't I though this was going to be something special but it was a letdown. Lets hope that Project Ego isn't a letdown too
where are the Japanese RPGs are we getting any? I'm dying here I want to see Skies of Arcadia 2 on the XBOX sooooon

dave_m123
07-03-2002, 09:30 AM

Dave how could you... how many time do I have to say I've got a US and a PAL XBOXes so yes I can play games in the UK

Now I have played Morrowind XBOX and it's horrible the graphics are below par, animation stinks, it slowsdown and the battle system in a joke they haven't even taken time to do any XBOX enhancements it's just PC a port to XBOX, I'm just saying this as this in my conclusion of this game, most people like it I don't I though this was going to be something special but it was a letdown. Lets hope that Project Ego isn't a letdown too
where are the Japanese RPGs are we getting any? I'm dying here I want to see Skies of Arcadia 2 on the XBOX sooooon

Ah i dident know u had both lol must have missed it when you posted that bit of info.

From what ive read of morrowind it plays and looks better than the PC version with the exception of the resolution. Framerate is higher and all effects are turned on. It's a hard game to get into and if you dont have the patience to get into it then its not for you. Im still unsure as to buy it or not as it looks like a daunting game that is huge. Not sure if i will be able to get into it fully or not as it will require a lot of time.

BigGamer X
07-04-2002, 08:55 AM

Well im from the UK, and i think in Europe people do have a right to whine. I mean, im picking up hunter on friday (the release day) and how long have you ppl had it already. And as for there not being any games over here, then thats correct, because there aint. we got gunmetal this week and apart from that there has been nothing for a while. As for morrowind, IMO 4 months is a long time to wait for a game. The same thing happen's to the U.S.A. when console's/game's come out in Japan first. The only way Europe isn't going to have to wait for game's/system's......is someone over there has to build one themselve's !:) The Japanese make you wait a real long time too, so don't act like it's the U.S.A. versus Europe, that's hogwash. I have a freind in Holland, and I keep her informed, giving her review's of game's from someone she can trust, not some biased magazine lol. The thing is, you just have to ignore the fact that other countries get their game's first. I gave up on waiting for game's a long time ago......I wait until I hear a official release date for my country, I don't sit around and whine about Japan getting game's first, that's a given if the game was developed there !;)

BigGamer X
07-04-2002, 08:59 AM

JK
:D Morrowind is kinda average, it's not bad....if it's your type of game, you will like it. (lot's of exploration and detail make's it cool if you like that stuff):)

CodeMonkey
07-04-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by BigGamer X
The same thing happen's to the U.S.A. when console's/game's come out in Japan first. The only way Europe isn't going to have to wait for game's/system's......is someone over there has to build one themselve's !:) The Japanese make you wait a real long time too, so don't act like it's the U.S.A. versus Europe, that's hogwash. I have a freind in Holland, and I keep her informed, giving her review's of game's from someone she can trust, not some biased magazine lol. The thing is, you just have to ignore the fact that other countries get their game's first. I gave up on waiting for game's a long time ago......I wait until I hear a official release date for my country, I don't sit around and whine about Japan getting game's first, that's a given if the game was developed there !;)

Who said anything about US vs UK? Not me ;)
All I’m saying is I think MS should pull their finger out when it comes down to QC. The reason it takes so long for a Japanese game to reach you, is because there is a great deal of conversations to be made. I mean all the voice-overs and text needs to be changed for one. But if a game is made in the US, I don’t see what takes so long to convert a game. Oh and I’m not whining, but I just wish games would come out sooner over here, maybe then sales would dramatically increase in Europe. I know this is the same with every console; I just wish someone would break the mould and release them in an acceptable time frame… I mean for an example, I looked for morrowind and its been delayed till November now…IMO that’s just taking the p!ss..
thanks for you thoughts on Morrowind :D

Afro Dude yeah m8 I know your only giving me your advice which I appreciate a lot..
I just wish I had got a an import box
Oh well I guess I will have to wait for a mod..

dave_m123
07-04-2002, 11:35 AM
I hear Morrowind is having a lot of localisation problems in the conversion for europe. LOL looks like they are going for a one version fits all instead of releasing the english american version over in britain :(.

Shiz_96
07-05-2002, 05:42 PM

Well im from the UK, and i think in Europe people do have a right to whine. I mean, im picking up hunter on friday (the release day) and how long have you ppl had it already. And as for there not being any games over here, then thats correct, because there aint. we got gunmetal this week and apart from that there has been nothing for a while.

These guys have Gun Metal now??????????????
WTF???? We should be complaining not you.

Also, don't you remember how long the rest of the world had to wait for a release following one in Japan? U.S. PS2 owners are still getting these same delays. It's only fair.

odpr
07-05-2002, 06:26 PM
I just have to say that today I played the box!! and whahwwhwah!! amazing!! amzing!!!!!! :)

I played the pal version, very few games, but the person there told me not to worry cuz there is mod chip and he can turn my machine to multi !

so english people go and get mod, and order from the US! :)\

bye
o

CodeMonkey
07-05-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Shiz_96

Also, don't you remember how long the rest of the world had to wait for a release following one in Japan? U.S. PS2 owners are still getting these same delays. It's only fair.

Read my other post to find the answer
:eek:

faceoff508
07-05-2002, 06:43 PM

Who said anything about US vs UK? Not me ;)
All I’m saying is I think MS should pull their finger out when it comes down to QC. The reason it takes so long for a Japanese game to reach you, is because there is a great deal of conversations to be made. I mean all the voice-overs and text needs to be changed for one. But if a game is made in the US, I don’t see what takes so long to convert a game. Oh and I’m not whining, but I just wish games would come out sooner over here, maybe then sales would dramatically increase in Europe. I know this is the same with every console; I just wish someone would break the mould and release them in an acceptable time frame… I mean for an example, I looked for morrowind and its been delayed till November now…IMO that’s just taking the p!ss..
thanks for you thoughts on Morrowind :D

Afro Dude yeah m8 I know your only giving me your advice which I appreciate a lot..
I just wish I had got a an import box
Oh well I guess I will have to wait for a mod..

I think they also have to do that with the Xbox games. Cause it has tetorial lock outs!!

dave_m123
07-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Shiz_96

No you shouldent be complaining. Gunmetal is one of the very few games Europe will recieve first. The amount of games you get released over in america first far outweigh the amount of games we get first.

faceoff508
07-05-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123

No you shouldent be complaining. Gunmetal is one of the very few games Europe will recieve first. The amount of games you get released over in america first far outweigh the amount of games we get first.

You will get Project Ego and BC before us!! Now that is going to suck for us!! So you will get your revenge cause we have to suffer and wait while you are playing Project Ego on your Xbox!!

dave_m123
07-05-2002, 07:16 PM

You will get Project Ego and BC before us!! Now that is going to suck for us!! So you will get your revenge cause we have to suffer and wait while you are playing Project Ego on your Xbox!!

We MAY get them before America. On the other hand all the sega games and more will be out in america first.

CodeMonkey
07-05-2002, 07:17 PM

No one wants revenge, just games early… :D
and a total of 3 games aint much

you make it sound as if its US Vs UK

faceoff508
07-05-2002, 07:23 PM

No one wants revenge, just games early… :D
and a total of 3 games aint much

you make it sound as if its US Vs UK

Oh, and Bounty Hunter will be released in the UK first!! By Crave, and it will be an Xbox exclusive!!

CodeMonkey
07-05-2002, 07:25 PM
Wonders where this is going

And?
Count them on one hand

faceoff508
07-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Wonders where this is going

And?
Count them on one hand

Also UFC Tapeout 2!! So thats 5!!

CodeMonkey
07-05-2002, 07:31 PM

Also UFC Tapeout 2!! So thats 5!!

Umm, wonders how many fingers i got on one hand....

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 08:35 AM

Geuss what?

You are also gettig Lamborghini (you can play it on xbox live)
and X-Men: Wolverine's Revenge first! So thats 7!! There is more that I will post in awhile after i find them!!

Hugh_Jass
07-06-2002, 02:32 PM

four fingers, one thumb

Spaztic
07-06-2002, 03:32 PM
"Know what this is, it is the smallest violin playing for all the xbox gamers in Europe."

LynxFX
07-06-2002, 03:41 PM
I don't know why people are complaining that games don't come out world wide at the same time. It has been like this since the beginning. Not just with games either, movies releases, dvd's, music cd's etc.

Most of the time the reason is that the companies just don't have the resources to stamp, package and ship games to every corner of the earth at the same time, so they break it out. Sometimes they do it to maximize profit. Sometimes it is legal issues. Sometimes they aren't too sure of their product so they test it in one area and if it is doing good, they know to make alot more for the world wide release. If it is doing poor then they won't be as ambitious when they release it worldwide.

How many games and systems does Japan get before everyone else?

If you don't like it, import it or move.

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I don't know why people are complaining that games don't come out world wide at the same time. It has been like this since the beginning. Not just with games either, movies releases, dvd's, music cd's etc.

Most of the time the reason is that the companies just don't have the resources to stamp, package and ship games to every corner of the earth at the same time, so they break it out. Sometimes they do it to maximize profit. Sometimes it is legal issues. Sometimes they aren't too sure of their product so they test it in one area and if it is doing good, they know to make alot more for the world wide release. If it is doing poor then they won't be as ambitious when they release it worldwide.

How many games and systems does Japan get before everyone else?

If you don't like it, import it or move.

Your back!! Where have you been?

LynxFX
07-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Thanks for noticing. :D

I've been working hard on the site http://wildfires.nwcg.gov/ But now it is pretty much automated and we hired a few people to do the data entry work for me. My site had an article on ZDNET though. That was cool.

Anyway I should be around again to kick it with all you Addicts. So many new faces in just a few weeks. Wow.

whoadae
07-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Move to america. Ya cheese eating surrender monkey.