PDA

View Full Version : Give Up

Taranis
07-01-2002, 04:49 PM
I realize that all of us here are fans of the XBox and we don't want to see misinformation or bad rumors flying around, but could we please talk about something else.

I get so tired of all this "Is this true?" and "Proof of XBox's Demise" threads that I think it has become a detriment to the community that brought me to this board in the first place.

I don't see many of the long-timers posting anymore and I think it's because they just don't care about all the bull****. Let's talk about games and life and the fun that the XBox is giving us.

Leave the negativity behind.

POD13259
07-01-2002, 05:07 PM
I understand your plea, Taranis, but spammers and fanboys are inevitable, like death and taxes. We can talk like an intelligent society on these boards and others, but with fanboys coming from PS2, GC, et al, we can't help but flame them and talk bad about them, therefore causing us to have a bad attitude toward our own, the Xbox Addicts, people who are undeserving of the flaming.

We must deal with each spammer/fanboy as they come. If you are familiar with the game Final Fantasy X, the fanboy problem can be related to where in FFX, the people of Spira keep fighting Sin, even though it keeps coming back, to be able to rejoice in the sanctity of the Calm, however long it may last.

With that, let us post free of fanboys and free of ill will.

DZNUTZ
07-01-2002, 05:11 PM
i think it might be a combination of that, people getting bizy, and the lack of A FUTURE RELEASE FORUM....dang its a pain to have to go to each genre to talk about newley announced titles.

Spaztic
07-01-2002, 05:14 PM
yeah these forums are beginning to get hard to find info in....they need to have them like they used to!

Hugh_Jass
07-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Yep. If it's not in General Discussion I simply don't read it. I miss the "old days". lol.

l Maximus l
07-03-2002, 01:44 AM
Well, dudes...don't think I don't hear ya...because I do. I just think that the initial intention of having several different forums allows people to find what they want to talk about quickly and properly.

So, if a new release is coming out, it'll be announced in the New Release forums...if a current Sports title is being discussed, it'll be found in the Sports forum, etc...

I am also a fan of the General Forum...and the Off Topic Lounge...but, I often stick my head in the other forums (more now than ever!) to check out the New Releases, what's being talked about in the 3D Shooter forum, and the Action games forum.

With the increasing amount of members and the growing popularity of XBoxaddict.com, it's great to see that the boards are being managed properly and it dramatically reduces the rate that spammers can flood the boards.

Just my two cents...personally, I've adjusted comfortably.

Also, being a mod now, I have learned so much...there are so many spammers on these boards...I'm so happy that these forums are managed...if they weren't, this site would be a failure, I believe....but, instead, this site is among the best XBox fansites on the net! :)

SkoalMint
07-03-2002, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
this site is among the best XBox fansites on the net! :)

Personally, I'd have to say THE best. And regarding the forums, I have also adjusted. Before, there were just too many posts that didn't interest me in the General Discussion, and I think we are seeing more quality topics here as a result.

gula
07-03-2002, 06:37 AM
I am so freaking nakie right now!

squid413
07-03-2002, 10:03 AM
Yo maxy these are the best forums on the web. Am I a spammer? (except for now) lol hehe:D

Strider_32002
07-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Best damn forums ive ever been on.:)