PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else lose Gentleman Jim?

JeffKnows
07-02-2002, 08:11 AM
I went out on a mission and when I returned he was no longer in the bookshop. The other guy in the backroom is no help as when you ask him about Jim he just says "look around fool". This happen to anyone else?

JJaX
07-02-2002, 10:04 AM
Look around fool

Tkf5000
07-02-2002, 10:56 AM
The guy told u what to do so do what he says and look around foo (duh!).

JeffKnows
07-08-2002, 07:45 AM
OK, I understand. What's confusing is that the guidebook doesn't mention that he's moved from the bookstore. Did he stay in Vivec?

Alien
07-08-2002, 12:53 PM
If you read the fine print in the Guide Book....

It says something like this:

"An old assasin lady about 98 years old walked into there with a crossbow hidden under her robe. She worked for the Marog Tong, and the Fighter's Guild had hired the Marog Tong to kill Stacy. So she then walked up and put a crossbow bolt into Stacy. Point blank. He's dead now."

Not really, I just wish Stacy would die so I could be the Master Thief!!

JeffKnows
07-08-2002, 12:55 PM
You almost had me there. Am I really the only one that had Stacey disappear from the bookstore?

JeffKnows
07-09-2002, 10:18 AM
bump

JeffKnows
07-10-2002, 11:34 AM
bump

Alien
07-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Nope. Well, he's gone for me now, but that supposed to happen, because once you beat all the missions he gives you, you become the Master Thief... and I am the Master Thief. :cool:

SkoalMint
07-25-2002, 01:20 PM
This also happened to me. I did Stacey's first quest and went to get the key, but when I came back, he was gone. I have looked all over the place like the fool the other guy in his room claims I am. However, I haven't had any luck. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, where did you find him?

SkoalMint
07-26-2002, 09:38 AM
Okay, I did some research over on the official Morrowind forums, and apparently, this is a bug in the game. I was working on becoming the head of both the Fighters Guild and the Thieves Guild. I completed all of the Fighters Guild quests and killed Hard-heart to become the head of that guild. When I went to Stacey, I should have talked to him about becoming the master thief since I had already completed his final mission before he had even assigned me the first one. Instead, I accepted the first mission and went off to do it only to find him gone when I returned. Apparently, if I would have asked him about becoming the master thief during that initial conversation, he would have promoted me and told me about his much needed vacation. For those trying to become the head of both guilds, you might want to keep this in mind. I think I have an old save file on my memory card that I can restore. If so, I will research this and let you know.

Professor Kaos
07-26-2002, 10:36 AM
so before i kill him for the fighters guild i should ask him bout becomin thieve guild master? and where is the book shop?

Yannie Boy
07-26-2002, 10:39 AM
i killed him:D

SkoalMint
07-26-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Playya
so before i kill him for the fighters guild i should ask him bout becomin thieve guild master? and where is the book shop?

Well, assuming you have advanced far enough in the Thieves guild to become the guild master. I'm really not sure though. The book shop is in Vivec, Foreign Quarter, Canal Works. He is behind a locked door.

Professor Kaos
07-26-2002, 11:19 AM
im proly not advanced enough, ne ways i already killed all the major thieves guild ppl besides jim and his buddy, so i guess hes gonna die tonite:cool:

daedric warrior
07-27-2002, 08:45 AM
i found him wandering around the waistwork areas upper and lower

Alien
07-27-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by daedric warrior
i found him wandering around the waistwork areas upper and lower Jim Stacy? How could he be walking around? He's in that room...he always is. He doesn't even take two paces. He's always standing there until you become Master Theif and he goes on vacation...I think you're mistaken.

SkoalMint
07-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Well, I did some experimenting, and here is what I found out. If you kill Hard-Heart before Gentleman Jim asks you to, he will give you the skeleton key (which is the first part of the reward for killing Hard-Heart), but won't promote you to master thief (the second part of the reward). When you take the next job he has and return to complete it, he will be gone. Basically ending any chance of becoming the Master Thief. On a side note, if you want to do the Bal Monager (sp?) quests, be sure you do them before you kill Hard-Heart. Now I'm the head of both the Fighters and Thieves Guilds. Hopefully, I won't run into any similar problems in my quest to become head of the Mages Guild.