PDA

View Full Version : Easy question about enchanting

tennyson
07-02-2002, 09:13 AM
I've never enchanted anything yet, but i want to give it a shot later today. Does a soul gem need to have a soul trapped in it to enchant an item? Can you enchant an item without a soul gem? Thanks in advance.

JJaX
07-02-2002, 09:23 AM
There must be a soul in the gem.

The more powerful the gem a more powerful of a creature can be stored in that gem.

Tkf5000
07-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Im a warrior not a mage. I get the mages to enchant it if i ever need to but i never do because anytingi need i can just kill somebody for it.

JJaX
07-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
Im a warrior not a mage. I get the mages to enchant it if i ever need to but i never do because anytingi need i can just kill somebody for it.

But the more skilled your are at enchantment the more you will get out of your enchanted items. The cost per use goes down........

EHWfedPres
07-02-2002, 08:38 PM
here's some enchanting advice...

NEVER enchant stuff yourself...it hardly ever works...and my enchant skill is maxed out. (I suggest everyone find the secret master, the place he is in is awesome)

get alot of money and buy enchantments yourself...

Tkf5000
07-03-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
here's some enchanting advice...

NEVER enchant stuff yourself...it hardly ever works...and my enchant skill is maxed out. (I suggest everyone find the secret master, the place he is in is awesome)

get alot of money and buy enchantments yourself...
your enchant is at 100 and it hardly ever works. most stuff always works 100% chance if it at 100. my hand to hand is at 92 i think and i never miss and my long blade is at 100 and it never misses and it hasent missed since like lvl. 85. thats weird, but i dont ever enchant stuff, like i said before i kill people and take their charms.