PDA

View Full Version : Rented and Returned

BigJim
07-02-2002, 06:44 PM
Went out and rented Morrowwind and Burnout and they are back at the store ready for the next idiot to rent because i returned them as soon as i could. tell me what you think about other games that i should try now, just rented max payne and 007 which are both ok. any good games coming out or out now?

VAN
07-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Amped, PGR, Halo (of course) Hunter: The Reckoning, Munch's Oddysee, DoA3, Rallisport...those are my top picks.

sinizuh
07-02-2002, 07:21 PM
oy... if you loved Burnout, you should REALLY love Test Drive :rolleyes:

(btw, i thought burnout was awesome)

Toonz
07-02-2002, 07:33 PM
Morrowind is not hyped. Its a great game. I realize that you will either Love it or Hate it though. I don't think this game can be judged off a rental though. At first I can see why you might think it sux but after about 20 hours I am having nothing but great fun with it. I can respect that you don't like it but I don't think you gave this game the time it requires to really get a feel for it.

BigJim
07-02-2002, 07:50 PM
maybe i didnt give it enough time but if a game cant catch your interest in the first hour then how can you continue to play

Gamegirl
07-02-2002, 08:02 PM
I have to admit when I first played morrowind, I hated it. I thought it was complicated(I never played any rpg's) and very big. But now I love it. It really is an awesome game with so much replay value, you could play it for years. A rental don't do it justice.

l Maximus l
07-02-2002, 08:05 PM
My top picks:

Halo, Rallisport Challenge, Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Hunter: The Reckoning, and Outlaw Golf. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which of these to play :D

wweomaniac
07-02-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
BigJim, beware of everyone else on the boards coming in and flaming you because of your opinion on Morrowind. They all have a serious case of the hype right now. Yeah... I gave my opinions about MORROWIND and HUNTER the first week they came out (more like the first day or so) and everyone got ****ed at me because I thought they both SUCKED! Now that more people have come into the realisation that Morrowind sucks and Hunter isn't as great as it is set out to be, I don't hear anyone apologizing for their mistaken comments.

Hugh_Jass
07-02-2002, 09:27 PM
I still think Morrowind and Hunter are great. However, I've played nothing but Outlaw Golf since Saturday.

halocombat4ever
07-02-2002, 09:42 PM
what is morrowind neway??

RudedogX
07-03-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
My top picks:

Halo, Rallisport Challenge, Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Hunter: The Reckoning, and Outlaw Golf. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which of these to play :D

I still remember when Azurik was one of your favorite games man! You talked me into that game.

Either way, BigJim, if Morrowind isn't your cup of tea, then I would have to agree with Maximus above...Rallisport if you like offroad racing and Outlaw Golf if you like golf and laughing your ass off!

Hugh_Jass
07-03-2002, 12:18 PM
Azurik is a lot of fun but it isn't as open-ended as Morrowind.

Spaztic
07-03-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
Yeah... I gave my opinions about MORROWIND and HUNTER the first week they came out (more like the first day or so) and everyone got ****ed at me because I thought they both SUCKED! Now that more people have come into the realisation that Morrowind sucks and Hunter isn't as great as it is set out to be, I don't hear anyone apologizing for their mistaken comments.

IMO Hunter still kicks serious ass...and I still play it once in a while....including a quick run though of max payne now and then!
Right now I am finishing my season in wsb!

EHWfedPres
07-03-2002, 01:32 PM
Let me guess...you started Morrowind, didnt know what you were doing, and took it out after 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

PLAY THE GAME NEXT TIME! After you understand it, you will love it.

BigJim
07-03-2002, 01:57 PM
alright so i admit that i didnt give it that much time about an hour but if something doesnt catch your attention after that time what makes u want to waste more time. someone tell me other than it is great why morrowind is so fun, bc im playin max payne and i think it is a good game and it got me interested immediately, while bond is so so o the single player mode but multi is a blast.

Afro Aura
07-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by BigJim
Went out and rented Morrowwind and Burnout and they are back at the store ready for the next idiot to rent because i returned them as soon as i could. tell me what you think about other games that i should try now, just rented max payne and 007 which are both ok. any good games coming out or out now?
Hey BigJim I'm with you mate I had Morrowind and Burnout and I took them back the next day, got a refund on Burnout and lost a lot of cash on Morrowind as I got it as an import, silly, silly me

BigJim
07-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

Hey BigJim I'm with you mate I had Morrowind and Burnout and I took them back the next day, got a refund on Burnout and lost a lot of cash on Morrowind as I got it as an import, silly, silly me

how did u get a refund i want one!

Afro Aura
07-03-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by BigJim

how did u get a refund i want one!
LOL well... I got my Burnout (PAL) at HMV now with them if you don't like it you can bring it back with no questions asked, Morrowind (US) no luck there as I had the game as an import at bloody £60 by mail order now don't laugh I got myself £16 LOL which I think is about the right price, the company I sold it to will sell the game at £24, oh-well these things happen :confused:

Plewis
07-03-2002, 10:09 PM
ok, here's my experiences. I bought Hunter after hearing all the people saying it was so awesome. I didnt like it, I told people on the board I didnt like it. Next I rented Burnout. Game sucked... only rented it because it was garenteed(sp?) in stock but it wasnt in and I got a raincheck. Then I decided to wait for less hyped reviews of Morrowind because I didnt want it to turn into another hunter. Moseid(sp?) into the RPG forums and Dre talked me into it. I went out and bought it. After about 3 hours of gameplay I was hooked. I am now a level 11 Dark Elf.:) So I guess it is just your taste... I also liked JSRF even though a lot of people hated it:confused:

clutch
07-03-2002, 11:56 PM
This game stunk , plain and simple I dont even consider it an xbox game, everything stinks about it, graphics especially.