PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Morrowind

RadRider
07-02-2002, 07:55 PM
I just got my copy of Morrowind for the Xbox today. Unfortunately, it is somewhat underwhelming after the PC version. I know my tv is not that great, and it shows even moreso when playing Morrowind. The graphics now look muddy and blurry compared to the pc version (duh). But perhaps the biggest problem is the control scheme. I mean, Halo defaults are okay because that's what most FPS games use on consoles anyway, and the Southpaw-inverted control scheme is fine too, since that's the way FPS games started on consoles (Turok). Unfortunately what Bethesda gives us here is the Halo defaults, but with inverted looking. What the?!? I'm hoping that I missed the option to change the controls (I have been looking), or that Bethesda releases a huge mod that includes the ability to change your controls. Until then, I'll just have to deal.

I still love Morrowind, but I'm afraid that it's just better on the PC. At least so far anyway.

Now watch this thread slide to the bottom... :D

Xtopia
07-02-2002, 08:11 PM
While in game, hit start, then hit the right or left trigger until you find a menu of "Controls" You can do invert the contols, change sensetivitiy, and even remap buttons...

RadRider
07-02-2002, 11:37 PM
I read the booklet and found out how to change the invert settings. I'm still disappointed that you can't go completely southpaw, but Halo defaults beat the Morrowind defaults. I've also grown more accustomed to the graphics now; so much so, that I think they look quite good. My tv still sucks, which makes the graphics look muddier, but I can see through that now.

Well, now it's time to see if I can get my archer out of this damn mess I've got her into. This game is definitely more challenging on Xbox than PC, if only for the controls. :D

CALzinger
07-03-2002, 07:17 PM
so wait, u can't change the controls of morrowind to say...the southpaw setting like in halo where the left thumbsticks moves u forward|backward and turns u right|left?????

are the controls similar to max payne where u cannot change the turning style?