PDA

View Full Version : I Need Serious Urgent Help

Whisper
07-02-2002, 10:38 PM
Alright, I have mentioned before that whenever i rent NHL2002 from my local blockbuster, it freezes during play.. but i always cave and rent it again thinking they got a new copy when i tell them its ****ed... well... i flipped out this time... i noticed the Disc Sheild was a little peeled up...

well, a thread that was pointless i posted earlier about the XBOX help line relates to this... i phoned them to ask about the freezing and such, feeding them info about when and how and such.. well... they gave me the harddrive format code etc.. but i didnt do it instead they told me to delete all my NHL 2002 saved files (something which i never did... slipped my mind) ... didnt work.. still froze!!!!!!!!

i told the guy it didnt help, he asked if it was a rental... i said yes... he asked if they put a cover on it... i said yes... he told me that the cover can potentially harm the XBOX and such, the added weight, the potential un-evenness of the sheild could harm the XBOX... all understandable... he expressed his concerns of using the sheilded disc... i expressed my concerns of taking it off (they supposuidley make you pay for the game)

here is where i get in trouble!! :

i took off the disc sheild (ahhhh) put in the game to see if it would help... IT GOT STUCK IN MY XBOX! THE TRAY WOULDNT OPEN TO LET ME GET THE GAME OUT! i was worried ****less.... thanks to the amazing XBOX design, i was able to use a pin to make the XBOX spit out its disc... YAY... i noticed the reason it got stuck... little glue dabs from the disc sheild (understandable)

now what I need to do... get rid of the little glue stains so it will spin in the XBOX correctly... so what I need some of you great people to help me think...

1) How to fix the game disc (get rid of the glue sticky ****)
2) Ways to convince Blockbuster i HAD to take off the sheild (yeah that means lie to them)

-------------

I rented it today... so i have until thrusday/friday or maybe a bit later ( i dont mind a couple days late considering my circumstances ) .... so i need your help guys! I am counting on the vets here (maxy, ninja, mods, smart people) whatever! there is no way I am paying Blockbuster for them ****ing up games in the first place (adding disc sheilds)

-------------

Another thing i would like to add is I want to encourage everybody that rents from a blockbuster video that puts disc sheilds on their games to write a letter to the blockbuster store, and a letter to BlockBuster Canada/America's main building whereever it may be in your area and TELL THEM TO REMOVE THEIR DISC SHEILDS! TELL THEM THEY ARE HARMING YOUR XBOX! If we work together and spread this words... maybe we can make an impact

-------------

Ok, I'm rambling... number 1.. HELP ME OUT PLEASE!

xboxmaster2002
07-02-2002, 10:53 PM
just sa it was sitting in the sun and it started to peal off..and i work at blockbuster and they are going to stop putting those sheilds on discs for that reason..hope that helps...

ShannonX
07-02-2002, 11:04 PM
the blockbuster i visit have the lopsided shields for the games. if they had something like they put on DVD movies where its evenly distributes the weight, it might not be to bad. So i've been wary about renting games.

Gamegirl
07-02-2002, 11:51 PM
A product called goof-off will take off the glue. Tell blockbuster that the game got stuck in your xbox , prob because it was peeling off alittle on the edge and you (or they) didn't notice it.

l Maximus l
07-03-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Gamegirl
A product called goof-off will take off the glue. Tell blockbuster that the game got stuck in your xbox , prob because it was peeling off alittle on the edge and you (or they) didn't notice it.

Goof-off? I've never heard of that stuff...I've heard of "Goo-Gone"...but, either way, you're right: That'll do the trick :)

Whisper
07-03-2002, 08:52 AM
well, the disc sheild was coming off a little bit already so its not a full lie... why the hell are they putting these things on them anyway?

and I will try this glue-off stuff... thanks guys!

Snoopy7548
07-03-2002, 09:17 AM
just say that the shield was almost all the way off, you you patted it back down and put it in your xbox. and when u put it in your xbox, you noticed that the game was skipping alot and everything, so you took it out. but when it came out, the shield came up and got stuck on that little panel above the cd tray and came off. and thats what happened, lol:D :cool:

Whisper
07-03-2002, 05:35 PM
they look at the game wen you rent it... but ill say it was up enough to **** up the xbox... theyll beleeve it

Snoopy7548
07-03-2002, 05:38 PM
they just open the case and look for like a split second though