PDA

View Full Version : When exactly does Elder Scrolls III come out?

CALzinger
07-03-2002, 06:49 PM
I am all confused as to when Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind actually comes out.

XBOX.COM said it came out in June 2002
XBOXADDICT says it comes out on July 4, 2002

Some people even say it might be out already.
WHEN EXACTLY DOES THIS GAME COME OUT?

I think it looks sweet, mostly because I have been tied over Diablo II: LOD and my account was stolen again. Morrowind looks like Diablo except much better. I mean cmon guys...there are tons and tons of spells and u can beat up dudes with spoos. What more can u ask for? ok ok, maybe some dueling.

WHEN DOES THIS GAME COME OUT? (incase u forgot the topic of this thread)
If i am delayed in news, and every already has this game, then please tell me how it is.

thanks a lot fellow xboxaddict citizens
peace.

CALzinger
07-03-2002, 06:54 PM
oh sorry, i just looked again, it comes out on JUNE 4, 2002, not JULY 4, 2002.

well, if u have this game, tell me about it. i am anxioius to knwo how it is

VenoM
07-03-2002, 07:07 PM
where have you been????:confused: its been out for awhile now and its to over rated..the models suck and the fighting in it is horrible...id call it an average game

Scarlet Spider
07-03-2002, 07:10 PM
yeah i know, where are you man? saturn?? hello? JUNE 4TH that was like a MONTH AGO!!

HEY VENOM!! WE ARE AT THE SAME POST MARK!! 322!!

CALzinger
07-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
where have you been????:confused: its been out for awhile now and its to over rated..the models suck and the fighting in it is horrible...id call it an average game

great great great...thanks a lot man, u just ruined my appetite for playing xbox. now i would rather just sit aroudn and do nothing.

unless...

does ANYONE out there like elder scrolls?

CALzinger
07-03-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Spider
yeah i know, where are you man? saturn?? hello? JUNE 4TH that was like a MONTH AGO!!

HEY VENOM!! WE ARE AT THE SAME POST MARK!! 322!!

im sorry, i was on vacation

Caliadar
07-03-2002, 07:48 PM
Its a pretty good game, but it has some major flaws. The combat system is pretty bad, the framerate could be better. And it is way to easy once you gain a couple of levels. Its worth giving a shot, its the most open ended console game ever made, but I would rent it first if I were you.

Snoopy7548
07-03-2002, 08:00 PM
i hated it, lol. i hate rpgs. and i couldnt stand morrowind. it was just boring, and the combat system sucked ass. like i punched a guy once and it did nothing to him. then he punched me and i like almost died. its a pretty good rental though, i guess. lol

CALzinger
07-03-2002, 08:04 PM
well im gonna buy it anyways.

how is the control system? is there anyway to change it from the "halo-type" style?

Snoopy7548
07-03-2002, 08:05 PM
i dont think so

CALzinger
07-03-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i dont think so

argh...oh well, i guess ill have to get used to the controls

wweomaniac
07-03-2002, 09:19 PM
BACK TO THE FUTURE!

this game still sucks to me. I keep on telling myself to try and play it, but I just don't have the patience for these types of games. To like this game, you must be patient...

Alien
07-04-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
To like this game, you must be patient... You know what they say: "Patience is a virtue."

zfBRAT
07-04-2002, 05:30 AM
I love the game. It's a lot like life. There are crappy days where you never seem to get anywhere, but there are days where you advance quite fast. No matter what you do (unless you get locked up for stealing or something careless), save often. You earn points for jumping in one spot. It's a LONG game, and everything you do and survive doing is worth saving. Save when in doubt, too. It takes a few to load again, but if you have time, it's better than the consequences.

khaos2005
07-04-2002, 09:45 AM
This game is amazing. Don't let the collection of a few select people that don't like the game fool you. If you like RPGs, and understand RPG combat is not like FPS combat, then you'll love it. Sure it has some flaws, but you'll learn to live with them, just like any other game.

Tkf5000
07-04-2002, 12:04 PM
This game is awesome. I know a lot of peoplke overrated it but i have been waiting before xbox was out for this game and i love it. theres so much to do in the game there might be only 3 attacks for each weapon unless you hold longer to swing longer, and hand to hand has a little more. the game is huge andthere is so much to do in the game and it just awesome go buy it. if you get really into it like me youll probly like it. i could see this game being a lot funner as a mage. If u be a warrior u just get a weapon and just fight all the time. As a mage u might paralyz the person and shoot lighting balls at it and stuff. I think people dont like it that much cuz they are warrriors or theives. The big flaw is framerate u can easily look past it. and u hardly get any framerate problms if u play first person view like i do, and i like first person better anyway.

zfBRAT
07-08-2002, 03:03 AM
I cannot even attempt to put myself in the 3rd person view. I do when I feel like I'm stuck, but it goes back to first person right after. The view sucks. Game seems slower in 3rd person. I love my fancy robe, but I don't care if I see it all the time...lol

CharlieHustle
07-08-2002, 10:54 PM
Well i had this game for a month now. The game is serious. IF YOU DONT LIKE RPGS DONT GET THIS. This game requires a lot of time and patience. You will not just jump in this game and in an hour be fighting your first boss. Not here playa. But you do have the chance to free slaves, kill a couple of crabs, and get your ass kicked by some rats in the in the attick. As the game goes on and you either get into the main quest or guild quests you will see the beauty of this game. You can run errands while you are running errands. Im only at level 10, and im in 4 guilds, im having the time of my life. I havent even completed the first mission for the main quest yet, i had this game for a month now. Im waay too busy hunting down bandits and people who havent paid their dues to the guilds, and im gettin paid for it. My objective it to get to like level 20 the i will tackle the main quest, i have a lot to learn weapons to collect or setal, and magic to master. If you like what im writing then get this game. The frame reate are shoddy at times, but never distracting. I just used to option to turn off real time shadows. And i get motion sickness often, so i just travel in third person, and fight in first person, simple as that. I thought that the fighting engine needed work but its fair to me. I do wish there was a USE MAGIC botton as well as an attack button, instead of the ready magic button, but the enemies goes through the same. They will use their magic, then they will pull out their weapon, just like me. You will get used to it.
Oh and get the prophecies book also, for 20 dollars, it is worth it.

Tkf5000
07-09-2002, 04:45 PM
theres a save 5 dollar coupon in some boxes. i think its in the newer copies of morrowind. i dint get one cuz i got it at eb once it came out. so you can get it for 15 bux now. and its well worth the money.

zfBRAT
07-10-2002, 12:01 AM
I haven't played any games (except for SSX Tricky), after buying Morrowind. That game is too cool :)

CALzinger
07-15-2002, 02:18 PM
well, i bought the game... and i must say my opinion on this game...

I LOVE THIS GAME!!