PDA

View Full Version : I want the truth...



faceoff508
07-04-2002, 05:40 PM
I was watching Screensavers on Tech Tv today and this guy showed a list of sales for all cosoles and they showed the Gamecube with 4 milion sold and the Xbox woth only 2 milion sold!! Then I was watching my local news and they said that the Xbox was second and Gamecube was last. And I keep watching and reading diffrent things everywhere!! I want to know the real truth, who is in second place!! I keep hearing diffrent thing in diffrent laces!! Can someone tell me what is the real truth!

Alien
07-04-2002, 05:44 PM
Talk to Mulder and Scully...

http://www.pmillustration.co.uk/Graphics/X-Files.JPEG

Because I don't know the answer.

Dre
07-04-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
I was watching Screensavers on Tech Tv today and this guy showed a list of sales for all cosoles and they showed the Gamecube with 4 milion sold and the Xbox woth only 2 milion sold!! Then I was watching my local news and they said that the Xbox was second and Gamecube was last. And I keep watching and reading diffrent things everywhere!! I want to know the real truth, who is in second place!! I keep hearing diffrent thing in diffrent laces!! Can someone tell me what is the real truth!

*Jack Nicholson voice* You can't handle the truth!

dave_m123
07-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Ok the simple truth of the matter is this

Every console has sold More than 1 and less than infinity :D

Xbox Owner
07-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123
Ok the simple truth of the matter is this

Every console has sold More than 1 and less than infinity :D

Hot damn you are correct, sir;)

wweomaniac
07-04-2002, 07:13 PM
OK... here's what I believe. I think that PS2 is way in the lead (i'm talking high 40 M's).. I think that XBOX slumped and is now in third place with around 4 M sold. I would perceive that Gamcube is in a very far second place with aboot 5-6 M sold.

I've heard reports that have said that late last month, and I believe them. They seem pretty right.

Scarlet Spider
07-05-2002, 12:47 AM
who cares? you have your xbox.

Calve
07-05-2002, 01:45 AM
honestly..... i dont give a rats ass about sales M$ can handle it and as long as i get my project egos and brute forces im amazingly perfect!!!

Peace

Afro Aura
07-06-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Calve
honestly..... i dont give a rats ass about sales M$ can handle it and as long as i get my project egos and brute forces im amazingly perfect!!!

Peace
I'm with you mate
oooohh I'm just waiting to get my hands on Brute Force, Projet Ego, Sega GT2002 and the beautiful Panzer Dragoon:D

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 09:50 AM
I found the sales figures:

All NPD numbers.....

Xbox more than doubled sales from April and sold 226,000 units in May
Xbox total US sales 2.14 million
Tie ratio after 7 months is 4.2:1

PS2 got the biggest boost and tripled sales to 510,000 in May
Tie ratio after the 1st 7 months was 2.9:1
Current tie ratio is 5.2:1

Gamecube also increased to 110,000 sales
GC total US sales 1.69 million
Tie ratio after first 7 months is 3.6:1

Afro Aura
07-06-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
I found the sales figures:

All NPD numbers.....

Xbox more than doubled sales from April and sold 226,000 units in May
Xbox total US sales 2.14 million
Tie ratio after 7 months is 4.2:1
I'm a bit stuck here, is that how many units were sold in that month or is it the total amout of XBOXes sold in the US altogether?

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

I'm a bit stuck here, is that how many units were sold in that month or is it the total amout of XBOXes sold in the US altogether?

Xbox total US sales 2.14 million

GC total US sales 1.69 million

Afro Aura
07-06-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508


Xbox total US sales 2.14 million

GC total US sales 1.69 million
right so where the HELL are they getting this
XBOX 4 million (I've heard)
Game Cube 5 million

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

right so where the HELL are they getting this
XBOX 4 million (I've heard)
Game Cube 5 million

I think they mean around the world!!

whoadae
07-10-2002, 03:35 PM
Xbox in the usa is almost a million units more than ps2 at the same age. that's what I heard from IGN and the NPD sales figures a month or 2 ago. Oh, and gamecube is expected to take last and is currently in last.

Snapple
07-10-2002, 03:57 PM
all i know is this

ps2 is in first place


game cub in second place


xbox in third place

faceoff508
07-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
all i know is this

ps2 is in first place


game cub in second place


xbox in third place

wrong....

its..All NPD numbers.....

Xbox more than doubled sales from April and sold 226,000 units in May
Xbox total US sales 2.14 million
Tie ratio after 7 months is 4.2:1

PS2 got the biggest boost and tripled sales to 510,000 in May
Tie ratio after the 1st 7 months was 2.9:1
Current tie ratio is 5.2:1

Gamecube also increased to 110,000 sales
GC total US sales 1.69 million
Tie ratio after first 7 months is 3.6:1

Snapple
07-10-2002, 04:03 PM
your saying ps2 is in the lead thats what i said and then game cube second then xbox thats what i said

also ps2 isnt in last so dont say that cause tons of peeps have ps2(i wish tons of people have xbox)

Afro Aura
07-10-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
your saying ps2 is in the lead thats what i said and then game cube second then xbox thats what i said

also ps2 isnt in last so dont say that cause tons of peeps have ps2(i wish tons of people have xbox)
Look mate don't worry the PS2 had no competition when Sony brought out the PS2 the Dreamcast with should have really won was taken away as Sega did not do an advertising and the mistakes with the add-ons for the Megadrive (Genesis) and the expensive Saturn didn't help them to much,
The owners of the PSX again had no competition as the Saturn cost a bomb the N64 brought out game like once every other month so it was a Sony market time so if anyone says they had to fight to get where they are right now is talking crap, the owners stayed true with the PSX and got the PS2 as the next machine with the option to play there old PSX games
At the moment the XBOX has to fight to get into the market as everyone knows about Nintendo and the Playstations and as one of the post saying that the XBOX has sold a million more boxes then the PS2 in the same age its looks to me the XBOX will come true soon sure the PS2 is ahead units wise but as I said it doesn't take an idiot to see how they got there with no competition it's just a walk to the finishing line now lets see how fast the PS2 has to run next year arrogant b@stards