PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know a good place or area to gain good experience and gain level quickly?

CALzinger
07-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Ok, i just got the game.
and NO, this is not one of those threads where people say they play the game for a short time and i hate it.
actualy, its the opposite
I LOVE MORROWIND!

but here, ill get to the point.

ive been playing for 3 hours and im still at level 1, yes its pathetic. ive been doing the quests but i feel no pride in taking on long, hard quests with a pathetic life/fatigue/magicka. i wanna take on long quests with a high level and pride. so far, i see these wormy dudes with one eye. and in the 3 hours i played, i killed 3 of the wormy dudes, and 2 crab guys that left crab meat after they died. now this is pathetic, i am not getting any exp. my question is:

DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD PLACE TO LEVEL AND GET EXPERIENCE?

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Well, if you want to do it the boring way:

(This only works if one of your primary skills is a spell skill)

Buy yourself a spell of one of your primary skills, go find a bed that you can sleep in and not get reported, then just keep doin the spell over and over. This will level up that skill and every 10 level ups of that skill, your character will level up. I usually do this while I visit forums n snit so it is less boring. ;)

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 08:38 PM
P.S. The bed part is so that you can heal yourself and refresh your magicka after you used it all up. ;)

CALzinger
07-04-2002, 08:41 PM
wargh, my dude doesn't use spells as his primary

do you know any places i can just kill and use my specials too?

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 08:47 PM
What are your specials? Just take a long walk through the wilderness ... once you kill enough cliff racers your stats should go up. ;)

SlightlySycho
07-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Well, the problem is that it's actually quite hard to level initially. That's because the game wants to give you a chance to get used to game mechanics before it starts to give you a hard time. You'll notice that enemies start to get more and more numerous as you level up. You probably don't even know what the Hell a Netch is at this point.;) Don't worry; by the time you reach level 10, you won't be able to swing a cat without hitting half a dozen cliff racers.

In the meantime, if you're really impatient, I suggest having a trainer raise a couple of you Major or Minor skills. What class are you, by the way?

Plewis
07-04-2002, 09:27 PM
yeah I leveled up like 2 times in one day without using trainers just wandering through the woods. It seems like you might need a good weapon to start you off. There is a 17k sword called 'Sword of White Woe' on top of a closet or something like that of a guard tower in Balmora. That should help you get through long walks in the wood. and if your in trouble and getting ur butt kicked then just use the nifty mark and recall spell. Also I found a good way to help your weapon skill at the very beginning is to go into some guys house. fight him and once you get low on health go out of the house and sleep. Rinse. Lather and Repeat.;)

Nas
07-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
yeah I leveled up like 2 times in one day without using trainers just wandering through the woods. It seems like you might need a good weapon to start you off. There is a 17k sword called 'Sword of White Woe' on top of a closet or something like that of a guard tower in Balmora. That should help you get through long walks in the wood. and if your in trouble and getting ur butt kicked then just use the nifty mark and recall spell. Also I found a good way to help your weapon skill at the very beginning is to go into some guys house. fight him and once you get low on health go out of the house and sleep. Rinse. Lather and Repeat.;)

Thanks dawg for tellin where that sword was...i am lookin for a real good sword, since i messed up and waisted 5000 dollars, a good soul gem worth 6300, and a good sword worth 1200 on an enchantment :( :( :( i saved it before i realized i messed up, so there wasn't sh*t i could do about it. so i kinda need a pick-me up sword, lol, till i can get the money to make a good enchanted sword again. thanks again dawg..peace

CALzinger
07-05-2002, 07:03 AM
so all i gotta do now is wander off the main road killing monsters?
i mean thats what i want to do, but i can't even FIND the monsters, its like they are hiding. i found like 7 in 5 hours and now my level status says: 1/10. at this rate, it could take forever to level again. oh well

thanks for the help with the sword, ill look for it, i heard it was around the east tower if u still dont got it

CALzinger
07-05-2002, 07:08 AM
im a dark elf || knight

Plewis
07-05-2002, 08:57 AM
it took me 2 or 3 days before I leveled up for the first time. Alien has the guide and hes been playing since launch and is only in his early teens. But recently Ive been leveling 2 times a day.:p Id be in the 30's now but I went to Bermuda for 5 days... Im not complaining though:D

Alien
07-05-2002, 09:14 AM
Alien has the guide and hes been playing since launch and is only in his early teens. Nah, now I'm at Level 24. :p

But you're right. I don't Level Up, because I don't kill as many people as most of you do, and killing raises your fighting skills a lot. I prefer improving my Stealth skills. I can pick a Lock Level 100 in one try now, if I'm using a Master's or Journeyman's Pick.

CALzinger
07-05-2002, 09:24 AM
so i should just be patiente for now?

SlightlySycho
07-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Here's another tip I didn't think about earlier: when fighting these low level enemies, use quick attacks. THat'll inflict the minimum amount of damage and drag the fight out longer. Weapons skills go up the same amount whether you hit an opponent for three points or thirty. If you have the health for it, you may just want to let an enemy get in a few hits. That will help raise your armor skill.

That should help buffer you leveling.:)

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 12:21 PM
Yup tru dat ... but for that to work you better hope you have either:

A. The weapon you are using as one of your prime skills

or

B. Any armor you are wearing and taking damage on as one of your prime skills

:confused:

CALzinger
07-05-2002, 01:03 PM
ok, i got leveled, but now i got another problem. ive been fighting these flying guys that are really hard to kill. i forgot their name, cliff...something. they keep killing the hell out of me. also, i stole that sword of the white woe, but now all the dudes want to kill me and i can't barter with some dudes. i dont have enough gold to pay off. is there a way to fix this without paying the gold or being killed? going to jail isn't even an option.

Dre
07-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Not really, just tough it out until you have cash to pay the fine (make sure you thrown on the ground anything you've stolen b4 paying fines). The fines are usually really inexpensive... just go steal a couple of dumb things from somewhere you are sure no one can see you (press left-thumbstick in for sneak) and you should have enough $$ to pay off your fines.

CALzinger
07-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Not really, just tough it out until you have cash to pay the fine (make sure you thrown on the ground anything you've stolen b4 paying fines). The fines are usually really inexpensive... just go steal a couple of dumb things from somewhere you are sure no one can see you (press left-thumbstick in for sneak) and you should have enough $$ to pay off your fines.

$17,000? that could take a while...

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Stealing it when the guard was there was where u messed up ... just get yourself a big weapon (bound battle axe is a daedric axe and does lots o damage) and kill the guard. Give him a big wack and he'll make you pay 40. Keep doin it till u kill him and u can take his armor off and then take the sword and get away with it. :)

Alien
07-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Or paralyze, grab, and then run. :D

CALzinger
07-05-2002, 01:38 PM
would a crossbow work?

and how could i steal it without being caught? or do i have to kill him?

Plewis
07-05-2002, 02:00 PM
again potion of shadow but he has to be facing the other way... and reload if he still catches you. I got away with it. ;) but I was born under the sign of the shadow:p

CALzinger
07-05-2002, 02:03 PM
well now i got two options:

A) take my chances and try to kill the guard with a strong weapon (requires gold to buy)

B) use that shadow stuff (make new char cause i wasn't born under the shadow sign)

any others?

Nas
07-05-2002, 02:11 PM

Where exactly is this sword? I searched last night and found nothing....what tower is it in? like east, or north west, or south west?

Plewis
07-05-2002, 02:15 PM
i cant remember which tower, I think its the one beside Cassius' house, but Its hard to see. Theres like this closet next to a guard and all you see is the little edge sticking out the side, or you can jump and see it. its pretty easy, and later on when you get better weapons its a good sale! I cant take credit for it because Dre told me about it

CALzinger
07-05-2002, 03:37 PM
its the east tower, its accross the river

Nas
07-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
its the east tower, its accross the river

Thank you Dre, Plewis, and CALzinger! :)

Plewis
07-05-2002, 06:12 PM
your welcome from the whole morrowind crowd!:D Me->:) Dre->:) Calzinger->:)