PDA

View Full Version : If you wanting some extra cash ...

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 09:13 PM
To do this you gotta have:

A. A strong character ... atleast level 15-20

B. A VERY high Conjuration skill ... I'm talkin 80+

C. Around 2 grand

Go to Tel Branora. Go up where Theresa's Chamber is and there will be two other rooms with guys in them. One of them can sell you a summon Golden Saint spell. Buy it, find your way to a bed, summon yourself a Golden Saint, kill it, and then quickly loot it of it's goodies before it disappears. I've gotten over 100k so far (including a 50,000 Daedric tower shield which is pretty nice ;) )and I just started doing this a minute ago. I can take the Golden Saint out with my level 15 Daedric battle axe in two hits. :)

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 09:15 PM
WARNING: Make sure you are quick to loot it. If you wait till it falls to the ground and is about to disappear it can and will freeze ya game up which is annoyin'. :confused: Hehe

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Weeeee just got a 20,000 glass tower sheld. Woohoo! :)

Plewis
07-04-2002, 09:23 PM
20k? whats the armor rating? I gots me a Dreigh Sheild right now that I think is an 86 armor rating or something like that...

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 09:24 PM
Oh, you can also buy a summon dremora but it won't give you as good of goodies ... for some reason whenever I attack my Golden Saint it doesn't attempt to hit me back. Good for me but I keenly remember hitting one of my skeletons when I first started out and it attacking me. Hehe, I guess Golden Saints are just nice. :) They have the worst singing voice tho. ;)

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Woo! Just got 32k Glass Claymore. The armor rating to me is 9 but I'm untrained in light armor so I dunno what it is really.

Plewis
07-04-2002, 09:29 PM
Boy do you like to spam...:rolleyes:

but thanks for the armor rating:D

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 09:30 PM
That is not spamming ... spamming is when you post the same stuff over and over in hopes to **** off the moderators ... I just told what I was getting. Fine, I'll stop, but I wasn't spamming. :D

RapmasterC
07-04-2002, 10:01 PM
GGGGRRRRRRR! Just froze on a Golden Saint with a 50k Daedric Katana! No!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Plewis
07-04-2002, 11:05 PM
Dude, condense your thoughts into one post. Dont post WHILE you are playing. Its simple when you outnumber other peoples posts in a thread 7 to 3 theres gotta be spam involved:rolleyes:

monkeyman
07-05-2002, 12:53 AM
sweet advice i aint ever seen a golden saint so hmmmmmm are they hard to beat? im lvl 22 i think

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 01:19 AM
In the wild? Oh yes. But summoned ones don't even attack you unless they are about dead but you just take them out in one hit and get their goodies. :)

EHWfedPres
07-05-2002, 11:24 AM
Or you can just go fight real Golden Saints and not be a pĆ¼ssy. Or do what I do and fight as many as possible at one time. I have more Daedric Dia-Katanas than you could imagine. 120k each. :D

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 11:54 AM
Heh ... almost funny. :rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
07-05-2002, 11:57 AM
Fighting powerful creatures that are defenceless is pretty pathetic.:D

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Naw ... the point is to make yourself some cash ... I currently have over 90g and a stash of weapons that would bring me in way over 500g ... that's not pathetic. :D

BTW, I could take a Golden Saint in the wild ...

Alien
07-05-2002, 12:04 PM
What's the point of having giant stashes of money? It's a game, you don't have to be careful about retirement money, or house bills, or insurance, etc. When I get money in MW, I train in skills that are low, or I want improved. There is really no point in having large amounts of money, except to say that you do. Right now, I only have 956 Gold on me. And that's because I hit a vault. I came to Vivec with 34 Gold, left with 956. Why do you all stash large amounts of money like that insted of using it?

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Dude ... with a lot of money you can go do whatever you want, spend as much of it on whatever you want (training mostly), and come back and still get more ... plus I have so many Daedric and Ebony weapons now that I'll never need to go look for one. http://linux.illogix.ca/cyberjim/forum/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EHWfedPres
07-05-2002, 12:11 PM
It is a necessity to have over 100K gold in this game. I carry all my money with me (well, dosent weigh anything, and I dont have to owrry about losing it), so if I see a spell that I want to buy, or training, etc.

Dre
07-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Alien
What's the point of having giant stashes of money? It's a game, you don't have to be careful about retirement money, or house bills, or insurance, etc. When I get money in MW, I train in skills that are low, or I want improved. There is really no point in having large amounts of money, except to say that you do. Right now, I only have 956 Gold on me. And that's because I hit a vault. I came to Vivec with 34 Gold, left with 956. Why do you all stash large amounts of money like that insted of using it?

I agree with ya. Once I hit 60k+ I go onto a training spree or enchant something thats pretty kickass.

But my thief guy's goal is to have the most money possible when I finish :)

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Why would you agree with him when you just said you use that much moneyhttp://linux.illogix.ca/cyberjim/forum/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_question.gif If you agreed with him and only had that measly 900g then you wouldn't be able to train and make a kickass enchant ...

Dre
07-05-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by RapmasterC
Why would you agree with him when you just said you use that much moneyhttp://linux.illogix.ca/cyberjim/forum/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_question.gif If you agreed with him and only had that measly 900g then you wouldn't be able to train and make a kickass enchant ...

I don't save up in the 100k's of gold just to say I have it. Thats what I meant.

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 12:22 PM
I don't save up to that just to "say I have it." I am sure I will use it once I level my character up a little more and finish the main quest. ;)

Plewis
07-05-2002, 09:21 PM
i just had 90k gold. Spent it all on training and enchantments. I was level 14 at the beginning of the day and now I am level 18. I maxed out some regular trainers on some of my misc skills that started at like 8:D they were enchantment, conjuration and alchemy. My intelligence was super low, thats why I did that.:D

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 09:28 PM
Here's my new guy so far:

Name: Ultima

Level: 21

Race: High Elf

Class: Battlemage

Gold: 40k

Items: Just about every good sword (unenchanted) and good armor that you can get ... right now he has a full set of glass armor on. :P

Attributes
Strength: 88
Intelligence: 100
Willpower: 68
Agility: 61
Speed: 45
Endurance: 63
Personality: 40
Luck: 40

Major Skills
Alteration: 61
Destruction 68
Conjuration: 100 :cool:
Axe: 2725
Heavy Armor: 63

Light Armor is a minor but with 63 also

Yaya I know they uneven ... I use multipliers whenever I get um so that tends to make my stats a little uneven. He's doin good so far tho. :)

Plewis
07-05-2002, 09:30 PM
i dont get how you can get the multiplier thingies on luck when you level up. I never do so I always pass by it and it stays at 40 like yours

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 10:19 PM
I don't remember getting one on my Merlin either ... I dunno ask EHW he should know.