PDA

View Full Version : you can get the banshee in attack on the control room? XBM says you can..

pounder
07-04-2002, 09:18 PM
hey guys..i picked up the XBM demo dsik and watch the halo commentary..at one point they said..you can get the banshee in attack on the control room if your fast enough..well i went and played this level, and cant find a banshee anywhere..where are they? and is it true? cus they showed footage of the banshee flying around in this level..

wweomaniac
07-04-2002, 09:57 PM
OK.. I think I know what you're talking about, but perhaps not. it takes a while before you get there but just keep on going through the countless, same-looking buildings until an end is finally found. When you finally found the exit to the gigantic maze of similar looking buildings, there will be two bansheees. You (and possibly a partner) can get in one. The second one is harder to get.

pounder
07-04-2002, 11:22 PM
ok the level I am on opens up into a field of battling covanant and soldiers..and its like snow on the ground..ive already beat the game b4..but anyways i get the part where you can get the tank but theres no banshee;s yet..are there banshee's after this? or did i already miss them?

Shorezy
07-04-2002, 11:27 PM
I've only ever beetin' Attack on the control room ONCE WITHOUT the Banshee. I donno, I actually though that was the only way to beet it at first. lol.

pounder
07-04-2002, 11:40 PM
lol really? when do you get the banshee? is it right when you first come out in the open? or is it after you get in the tank and go through the tunnel in ground? and where the hell is it..ive looked everywhere and I can guarantee its not there in my game..at least before the tank comes into the game..i really wanna use the banshee on the level..thanx

No Fear 23
07-05-2002, 12:39 PM
ok pounder, here it is...

on this level, before arriving at the tank,make sure u have a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher. u can drive the tank through the tunnel on the right.(its better to use the tank to wipe out enemy faster.) after u passed througth that short tunnel, u will come up to a big hill in front of u with a turrent or 2 on the edge of the cliff. then there will be 2 elites in the gosht coming at u, first, blast them away so they wont distract u when u r trying to get the banshee. after that, make sure u have the sniper rifle and the rocket launcher with plenty of ammo with u. When u get on top of that hill, take out ur sniper rifle and look up on to ur right. u should be able to see a small bridge hanging off the mountain. zoom in under that bridge and aim it jsut above that bridge holder thing(the part im talking about should be alomst in the middle of the bridge). then switch to the rocket launcher, (dont move ur aim, just keep it still) then fire away. then switch to ur sniper rifle and zoom in to see if the banshee falls off. if it dosent fall off, keep trying at different spots under the bridge. it may be different at times. after u get the banshee off the bridge, dont go to it, jsut leave it tehre and get in ur tank and kill the remaining enemy in the feild. now after that, u can go get ur banshee and fly to that big tunnel garage where u face those 2 hunters. kill them.
if u want, u can just take the banshee to kill them all, but it is just what i would do jsut to keep the banshee in good shape for later in the level cause i dont want to go back and start all over to get it again.
this is what i would do, after killing those hunters, i would park the banshee inside, but dont let it be in sight of those 2 elites. then go bakc and get the tank and use it to blast away all the enemy inside. after u kill them all u should go back and get that banshe and fly to the next door. (if u want u can do a little exlporing like going down the big hole to see what is at the bottom of it.i like going down there to see if i shot ne covenat into that big hole). and when u open the door. just fly out of there. u dont have to kill those covenat throught that big uphill tunnel, jsut ignore them and fly outa here. after u past that part, everything will be gone and quite. its an easy way to finish the level for legendary. lol

hope that helps, let me know if u get it alright.

UltimateAg
07-05-2002, 12:44 PM
http://halo.bungie.org/tipsntricks/tricks.html

It's right after you get the tank and drive thru the tunnel. It's high up on a platform. There's a couple of tutorials on how to get the banshee, the easiest way I've found is to zoom in with the sniper and shoot the bottom of the platform with a rocket. Once you figure out where to hit it, I can get it with 1 shot every time now. It's very cool playing the rest of the level with the banshee, but gets boring after awhile.

Shiz_96
07-05-2002, 05:53 PM
The banshee is sweet as hell. In co-op me and my boy go there to the platform and if fast enough we get both of em. You can pretty much mow everything down from high above once you get it and it's more fun.

pounder
07-06-2002, 04:14 PM
thanx for the help guys..ill give it a shot ;)

UnitedKingdom
07-08-2002, 05:41 AM
Yeah AOTCR is wicked with the banshee but you have to keep landing in the right spots so the game can keep loading the chapters. Otherwise you can go straight up to the double bridges where the enemy has not yet appeared!

SpartanSniper
07-11-2002, 02:18 PM
It's pretty easy to get all 3 Banshee in AotCR once you know how.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 09:18 PM
once you get to the bridge the chapter will change to a chapter called "if i had a super weapon...". its right there and u can see it. hurry becasue an elite wants it too.

bonk
07-20-2002, 10:06 PM
There are four Banshees. 1) On top of that ledge before you go through the tunnel (go here (http://halo.ibonk.com/index/tricks/display/14)). 2) Once you get that Banshee, there's one on top of that big column like structure after the tunnel. 3) There's one that an Elite will jump in quickly (unless you fly real high to stop all enemies from appearing) right below the two bridger. 4) On top of the land bridge. Just shoot it off with a rocket and then jump down (w/o dying).

-bonk