PDA

View Full Version : Through the eyes of others.

XBA Staff
10-23-2001, 08:31 PM
I am currently writing up this article for a Xbox site (Xboxgamers) and the the article is called Through the eyes of others.

All the article is about is why do you want to buy a certain console. So what I am doing is going to Xbox forums, PS2 forums, and GC, forums and asking everyone there why are you buying a Xbox over the others, Why are you buying a PS2 over the others, or Why are you buying a GC over the others. And thats why the article is named Through the eyes of others cuz it shows why a PS2 gamer is a PS2, or why a Xbox gamer is a Xbox gamer, or why a Gamecube gamer is a GC gamer.

So what I want yall to do is write up 4 or more paragraphs explaining if you had one time to just pick one console...why would you pick a Xbox over the others.

Remember I need 4 or more paragraphs telling why.

Don't just say stuff like.. "Cuz the PS2 and GC sucks"...well if they do suck then explain in 4 paragraphs why they suck. Explain what the Xbox has that you like that others don't. Or explain what the PS2 and the GC has that you hate. Explain all of that. This is a post that really shows the talent of the people here.

Also I didn't mention this at the beginning but I'll pick the 3 best replies and I'll post them in the article along with your name and the Forums I got them from. So this is a chance to get your writing posted up on a major Xbox site for millions to read over, along with the forums that you represent.

So please do your best on this work cuz this is a great opportunity to see your writings on a site which doesn't come often.

~Draco, Do your best...

XBA Staff
10-23-2001, 08:35 PM
If yall don't understand how to do this and want an example...where here is a perfect one from Krillian Hex at the Xboxgamers forums.

The reason i like the xbox is because its has to be the most powerful, creative, and distinct console of them all. What sets this console apart from the others are namely a few things. Lets start with the size, color, Graphics, Sound, game diversity, and scalability of the gaming network. Not only will you get single player, but also a network in which you can play other as a team or deathmatch.

When we talk about the xbox, the first thing that may pop into your mind is not the console....its the games for that console. when i say xbox, you think Halo, Amped, OddWorld, DOA3, Madden whatever....not Big black controller, Size, Internet Connection via Broadband. So that proves that the games being released have an affect. Not only some of these games are going to be top seller, but will eventually play a role in being a mascot for MS. I remember when they had that chick with the robot....that did it for me. Anything after that was just a pure addition to the happiness that i seek everyday...or atleast till November. But now im side tracked on the topic.

Well, When you put the xbox in your compartment, atop of your TV/VCR/DVD, or on top of your PC desk....you will be able to get the best sound possible due to the xbox high end sound chip. Im sure that all of us audiophile will agree that great sound is a must. I know i wasnt that happy with Nintendo SNES, that sound was headache prone....but i still played it. But now i would be able to enjoy my games in pure 5.1 sound with discrete speaker selection for surround sound. I cant see PS2 topping that one

Now when we bring in the visuals....its nothing but eye candy. The Xbox graphics will be what a narcotic for your eyes. Believe me, many gamers and none-gamer will be up all night, vasking in the warm glow of there television , soaking up all the xbox gaming goodness from which they sought out for years. Sharp, fluid graphics will all contribute to this warmth.

Gameplay, nuff said. This will also keep you up all night. I just hope you will drink alot of milk...i hear the doctors already talking about arithis. But im sure you guys are ready with arm braces, and Icy Hot sports cream. LOL, well, its all good.

That is great but on a scale from 1-10 I give it a 6...I know yall can do better....

~Draco, Do your best...

XBA Staff
10-24-2001, 06:09 AM
Come on yall. You all are telling me that out of like 800+ members none of yall can come up with at least 4 paragraphs telling why you'll pick a Xbox first over any console. Is it that you is it just you don't wanna do it cuz you know it will be placed onto another site besides XBA.

~Draco, Bandwagon jumpers...

Melt
10-24-2001, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by X Draco X
Come on yall. You all are telling me that out of like 800+ members none of yall can come up with at least 4 paragraphs telling why you'll pick a Xbox first over any console. Is it that you is it just you don't wanna do it cuz you know it will be placed onto another site besides XBA.

No, I just don't want to write out four paragraphs. I'm tired of going on and on about it. I like brevity. I won't even read four paragraphs on why the Xbox is good, I know that stuff already. I don't want to have to write it out, too. I'd bore myself.

I'll sum it up: I will choose the Xbox because it has the fastest cpu, the best graphics processor, all-broadband online gaming, and an inbuilt harddrive enabling all sorts of stuff (e.g., bigger worlds, faster load times, episodic gaming). It is much easier to develop for than the PS2, which means developer support. It will have lots of games coming out steadily. It has the financial backing of one of the most successful companies in the world, who are in this for the long haul.