PDA

View Full Version : I have a big XBox dilemma.

The Machine
10-23-2001, 08:31 PM
Well, I didn't pre-order an XBox. I can go to Las Vegas from the 11th to the 15th and hope that my not so reliable mom will pull through and pick one up for me, or I can stay home from Vegas and buy the XBox myself. What do you guys think I should do?

Ronald_mcd
10-23-2001, 08:34 PM
buy a x box in Las Vegas!

The Machine
10-23-2001, 08:38 PM
I thought about that, but the nearest best buy is 12 miles from our hotel. My dad said that I can't ride a taxi 12 miles to go wait in line all night.

XBA Staff
10-23-2001, 08:42 PM
****...this must be a coinincidence cuz I had dreams of getting my Xbox at Las Vegas. And like I said...its only a dream.

~Draco, And they sware I'm from Vegas...

The Machine
10-23-2001, 08:44 PM
Huh, thats kinda weird.

HALOJAY
10-23-2001, 10:43 PM
dude! go to vagas and have a good time. don't worry about the x-box it will be there when you get back. seriously I am excited about the x-box just as much as the next person but how often does one get the chance to go to sin city.

HALOJAY
10-23-2001, 10:45 PM
woops. i said vagas instead of vegas but I am sure you understood.

AlBoogy
10-23-2001, 10:52 PM
I think ive got your solution. Pre order it online! By the time you get back, it will either a) be their already maybe at a neighbors house b)get their the exact same day you get back or c) you will only have to wait 1 day.

Marc
10-24-2001, 12:37 AM
Go to vegas. Xbox will be there when you get back.

SciFi
10-24-2001, 12:57 AM
Well, depends how often you go to Vegas...
There was a time when vegas was a monthly getaway for my family....
Right now it kinda cooled but it will pick up around Jan...
So if Vegas is a BIG ONCE IN 10 YR.S THING i suggest you go...
The Xbox will be there on the 20th, the 1st....
but if vegas is a common practace, and you can name the strip in alphabetical order, you mine as well sit one out...:D

silvaman
10-24-2001, 01:47 AM
you can always go to vegas man,get the xbox

The Machine
10-24-2001, 09:13 AM
Well, I was in Vegas once already this year. I guess I can go to Vegas and see if my mom gets it. If that fails, I can buy the XBox when the next shipment comes in.

l Maximus l
10-24-2001, 02:10 PM
Dude, go to Vegas! If you have the opportunity to get it there, great! If it falls through, you would have had a blast at Vegas and then a blast when you get back to buy your XBox!

You're a lucky dude! It's not as if you are going to a folk festival! You are going to Vegas, my man!

The XBox will have 100,000 consoles every single week after launch...go to Vegas!

-Max

XBOX Dude
10-24-2001, 08:30 PM
i admit vegas is extremely tempting but their may be a better way, if you go to vegas chances are there are more people who are going to want one and in a city the doesn't sleep you may have trouble getting a decent spot in line, so what you might want to do is find a best buy or whatever in a spot that isn't to populated because you odds are better there and you'll stand a better chance at getting one then in a city.

XBOX Dude
10-24-2001, 08:32 PM
i meant you stand a worse chance in the city.

SquirrelJam
10-24-2001, 10:25 PM
Hmmm, Vegas huh? Does that mean you're a bettin' man? well I'm gonna make a bet right now.

If your Dad won't even let you ride in a taxi for 12 miles or 12 measily minutes (60Mph=1 mile per minute), then he probably isn't going to let you stay home by yourself. I'm bettin' you go to Vegas and DON'T get an xbox on launch ;)

On the other hand, if you CAN stay home, that means you'll probably get an xbox and that means you'll also be able to have lots of "alone" time to conquer all those xbox titles with the surround sound cranked up in the living room on the big screen... Halo, DoA, etc... think about it.

Please don't tell me that this is a tough choice. DUH!!! STAY HOME!!! GET AN XBOX!!! Sounds like a no-brainer to me.:D

The Machine
10-25-2001, 09:24 AM
I'm going to Vegas! I can get the XBox the week after I get back. THanks for givig me alot of options guys.

eman
10-25-2001, 09:35 AM
Vegas ,XBOX whats the difference at this point
Its all a gambling matter

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 10:22 AM
If need be go to vegas and call your mom to remind her. Or preorder it with a store pick up. If she dosnt remember or get it for you lay on a big guilt trip and than when the next shipment comes in have her make it up to you.