PDA

View Full Version : I need help with creating a Woodelf Assassin...

kazual
07-05-2002, 08:20 AM
If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I cannot decide on major or minor skills for my Woodelf Assassin. Could anyone give me a hand here? Possibly a fellow Woodelf Assassin that was happy with his or her skills that he or she has used and can effectively kick the baddies asses.

Thanks,

Kazual

kazual
07-05-2002, 10:27 AM
Ive decided on Acrobatics, Light Armor, Marksman, Security, and Sneak for Primary skills and Athletics, Block, Shortblade, Enchant and I can't think of another secondary skill. I just need one more secondary skill, could anyone give me some ideas on what would be good for a Woodelf Assassin for secondary skill. Thanks.

Kazual

Dre
07-05-2002, 10:37 AM
block if you think you could use a shield. Umm.. maybe one school of magic such as alteration or mysticisym for abilty-type spells and not attacking-type spells?

Security if you plan on doing lockpicking alot.. umm.. I'm out of ideas..

Alien
07-05-2002, 10:41 AM
Longblade. That way you could use some of those awesome long blades that us shortblade users don't get to use...

kazual
07-05-2002, 10:44 AM
block if you think you could use a shield. Umm.. maybe one school of magic such as alteration or mysticisym for abilty-type spells and not attacking-type spells?

Security if you plan on doing lockpicking alot.. umm.. I'm out of ideas..

I already have block for a secondary skill, sequrity for a primary skill, enchantment for a spell, as I said in my first post,but I will look into mysticisym and alteration for another ability type spell. Thanks Dre, btw are you an fellow assassin aswell?

Thanks,

Kaz

Alien
07-05-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by kazual

I already have block for a secondary skill, sequrity for a primary skill, enchantment for a spell,but I will look into mysticisym and alteration for another ability type spell. Thanks Dre, btw are you an fellow assassin aswell?

Thanks,

Kaz I think Dre's a magical type of character. I'm an Agent. Once you do create your character, join the Marog Tong. Assasin's Guild. I'm in it, very fun just killing people.

kazual
07-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Thanks Alien, I will join the Marog Tong guild but where is it lol? Another question, since your a Agent you must have close to the same skills as an assassin, so what are your 5 secondary skills?

Kaz

Alien
07-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Thanks Alien, I will join the Marog Tong guild but where is it lol? Another question, since your a Agent you must have close to the same skills as an assassin, so what are your 5 secondary skills? To find the Marog Tong, you first need to go to Vivec Arena. Under the Arena, in the Canalworks, there is a storage room. Go in there. There will be rats. Kill them, unlock/disarm all the traps/locks. Until you find a room with a trapdoor that says like "Hidden Arena Storage". Its the trapdoor. Unlock that, and go in. You will go up 2 flights of stairs, and bada bing. You will see some of the Marog Tong. The leader is up some stairs in a bedroom.

My skills:

Major:
Speachcraft
Sneak
Acrobatics
Light Armor
Shortblade

Minor (secondary):
Mercentile
Conjuration
Block
Unarmored
Illusion

I know you don't see Security on there, but I don't need to worry, it is a misc. skill, but my Security Level is 82.

kazual
07-05-2002, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the directions, anyways out of your 5 minor skills you have mercentile. Is this skill any good alien? If you find it is very useful then that will be my fifth minor skill. I also see that speech craft is one of your major skills. So could you tell me if either of them are good skills to have? After I am finished with my skills, I wonder what Birth sign would suit me best:eek: .Thanks in advance

Kaz

Alien
07-05-2002, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the directions, anyways out of your 5 minor skills you have mercentile. Is this skill any good alien? If you find it is very useful then that will be my fifth minor skill. I also see that speech craft is one of your major skills. So could you tell me if either of them are good skills to have? After I am finished with my skills, I wonder what Birth sign would suit me best:eek: .Thanks in advance Most people don't think Mercentile is important, but I think it is. It helps you buy low and sell high, ecspecially if you have a good Personality. If you can't find a weapon you want, you can buy it for low. It may not be important as some others, but I like it, and train in it. It's really your choice.

My Birthsign is the Tower, which allows me to open locks up to Lock Level 50 with a spell. Which, I don't use anymore at all, I can pick Lock Level 50 anytime. Shadow is pretty cool, it lets you become Invisible.

Dre
07-05-2002, 12:01 PM
Dang dude, I completely forgot about speechcraft!! (Like I said, I should have had a list of the skills in front of me when answering your question). Speechcraft is a very useful skill because it will allow you to kill people legally by taunting them :) The higher your speechcraft, the higher the success rate on the taunt. After a few (usually 4-6) successful taunts, that person will draw their weapon on you and you are free to kick their ass at your leisure with no legal repercussions!

Alien was right, my main dude is a mage. However I started a new guy thats a thief/assassin type character and he's now level 15 and able to kill guards finally. Only one at a time, but I don't really want him more powerful than that or it'll ruin it for the way I want to play the guy. I'm looking forward to creating some constant effect jump items so I can go around jumping on rooftops à la crouching tiger, hidden dragon!

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 12:01 PM
Hmm ... you should make yourself a 100 point open spell so you can open anything ... and 100 point locks usually have real goodies inside :D

Alien
07-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by RapmasterC
Hmm ... you should make yourself a 100 point open spell so you can open anything ... and 100 point locks usually have real goodies inside :D Or just Train in Security...once your Security Level gets to about 80, you'll be able to pick Lock 100 Locks.

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 12:11 PM
But only for so long ... if you work your way thru a cave, use up all your lockpicks, and at the end, you see a 100 point lock, ur screwed. http://linux.illogix.ca/cyberjim/forum/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif With 100 point open spell you can use it till you run out of magicka, rest (after you've taken out all the enemies around your area) and still have moreeeeeeeee. http://linux.illogix.ca/cyberjim/forum/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alien
07-05-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by RapmasterC
But only for so long ... if you work your way thru a cave, use up all your lockpicks, and at the end, you see a 100 point lock, ur screwed. http://linux.illogix.ca/cyberjim/forum/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif With 100 point open spell you can use it till you run out of magicka, rest (after you've taken out all the enemies around your area) and still have moreeeeeeeee. Hehe, except for I always carry 2 Master Lockpicks, 4 Journeymen's, and at least 6 Apprentice's. :D

RapmasterC
07-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Ya ... umm ... that'll work. :)

kazual
07-05-2002, 09:19 PM
Hey Alien, If you have done some quests for Morag Tong then maybe you can help me out. I am on the first quest and have been given a writ for the honorable execution of Feruren Oran. I have found him but he wont talk to me, he says that he doesnt like the looks of me and will not talk to me. Then the only choice I have is clicking good bye. I was just wondering what I am suposed to do here, I've tryed killing him with out question but he murder's me with ease. Id apreciate it if anyone could help me out her thanks. Btw I am only level 1 lol.

Kaz

Plewis
07-05-2002, 11:52 PM
try using a paralyze spell on him first and then taking him out. You should probably level up some more before fighting him if you arent good enough yet. He will report your crime and you will have a huge bounty but just let the ordinator chase you and then show em the writ and all is clear:D The next guy they give you is fun. You can just walk up to the other 2 people in his house and they will attack you when you try and talk to him so you can take the whole house over... thats what I did!

Alien
07-06-2002, 12:12 AM
You should level up, and then come back later. I started the Marog Tong pretty late in the game, so I didn't face trouble. But since you're just starting, you might want to level up and get some good stuff. I was also fighting him in a full suit of Glass Armor and using a Dwemer Jinksword.

kazual
07-06-2002, 08:32 AM
Okay thanks i'll do that. Ive got another question lol, sorry bout all the questions they are most likely getting anoying right about now. Anyways, I would just like to know where I could find glass armor.

Kaz

Alien
07-06-2002, 08:52 AM
Okay thanks i'll do that. Ive got another question lol, sorry bout all the questions they are most likely getting anoying right about now. Anyways, I would just like to know where I could find glass armor. Go to Ghostgate. It's in the middle of the map. Start out at Caldera, and then cross over the mountains to the East. You will be in sort of like a canyon thing. Go north. Long walk, with lots of diseased creatures and the whole population of Cliff Racers gathered just that specific day to make your walk harder.

Alien
07-06-2002, 09:21 AM
Sorry for the double post, but here's a map on where you go. Follow the blue. That's the general way, you might have to look on that map that came with it to find Ghostgate. If you come to a blueish glowing fence, that's Ghostfence. Ghostgate is the gate in the fence lol.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/p0a9a1a723a2fba0479ce7ee704ae9f04/fd921a17.jpg

kazual
07-06-2002, 10:27 AM
Okie thanks man. I see Caldera and Ghostgate on the map, however there is mountains in between from where you showed me to go with the blue line. Wait I will prolly just be able to climb them lol, hmm anyways about when should I start on this journey, like what level? I am currently level 3 with 9/10 full.

kaz

Alien
07-06-2002, 11:33 AM
Okie thanks man. I see Caldera and Ghostgate on the map, however there is mountains in between from where you showed me to go with the blue line. Wait I will prolly just be able to climb them lol, hmm anyways about when should I start on this journey, like what level? I am currently level 3 with 9/10 full. Err, you might want to level up a couple of levels...probaly to around 10. I did it when I was around level 13.

Spazmatik
07-06-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Alien was right, my main dude is a mage. However I started a new guy thats a thief/assassin type character and he's now level 15 and able to kill guards finally. Only one at a time, but I don't really want him more powerful than that or it'll ruin it for the way I want to play the guy. I'm looking forward to creating some constant effect jump items so I can go around jumping on rooftops à la crouching tiger, hidden dragon!

Hey Dre, What major and minor skills do you have for your assassin. I am going to start mine over again because everyone hates me in a few towns and I wanted to change a couple skills around. Thanks.

Spaz

EHWfedPres
07-06-2002, 10:40 PM
A good thief should use some magic, and probably will need to sooner or later. Mark inside the Southwall Corner Club and Recall to get your bounty off quickly, an unlock 100 point spell is always helpful, paralyze your enemies (IE: Guards) and steal from them as they cant do anything about it, etc.

My character is half mage, half guy that beats people with weapons...and I could safley say that my character is probably one of the best there is...theres just so much he can do, and do so well. a pure mage cannot do much if they are being beaten down with the Skull Crusher, or if their magic is being reflected or absorbed or resisted...

Spazmatik
07-07-2002, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EHWfedPres

A good thief should use some magic, and probably will need to sooner or later. Mark inside the Southwall Corner Club and Recall to get your bounty off quickly, an unlock 100 point spell is always helpful, paralyze your enemies (IE: Guards) and steal from them as they cant do anything about it, etc.

EHW, you sound like you know what your talking about. I dont supose you could give me a layout of 5 major and minor skills that you think would fit an assassin best. Thanks.

Spaz

Spazmatik
07-07-2002, 09:00 AM
Bump

Sorry for the double post but I need help with the minor skills real bad becuase I wan't to start the game soon. I feel stupid owning the game and not playing it but I also hate playing a game and getting far into it and realize I can't kill jack snit and have made a big mistake with creating my character. I have decided on marksman, long blade, block, acrobatics, and light armor for my major skills and athletics and sneak for minor. So if anyone could help me out with the creation of my woodelf assassin, 3 minor skills is all I need.

Spaz