PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive is gods gift to arcade fans!

Spaztic
07-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Test drive is off the hook! I haven't been able to put down this game! Now this is a warning this game is like crusing usa, it is an arcade style game! The speed is awsome, the tracks are very nice, the graphics eventhough they aren't nice as pgr they look good. The sdtk on this game is awsome! The cars are sweet, the sounds or the car's rule! Zipping in and out of trafic gives you a huge rush!

....now to the bad, the AI is pretty cheep, they will speed up and pass you like you are standing still sometimes, if you crash they will stop and wait, now it is kinda annoying because it really comes down to the last 30 sec of the race every race, but then again it really makes some white nuckle races, which I enjoy! Other then the AI this game kicks serious ass

I give it a 8.5/10 due to AI and Graphics being somewhat below par! This game is definatly worth $50!!!! Atleast give it a rental!

Zion
07-05-2002, 08:15 PM
To each his own, I guess. I'd classify Test Drive as one of the very worst games I've ever played.

Burnout beats it in every way possible as an arcade racer. Moto GP dominates them both put together, and then some.

lllSmokelll
07-05-2002, 10:39 PM
now thats a car
http://www.billgoldberg.com/new/photogallery/motorcycles/bgwcwcar.jpg

Zion
07-06-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by goldberg
now thats a car
http://www.billgoldberg.com/new/photogallery/motorcycles/bgwcwcar.jpg

Bill Elliott would never drive a car sponsored by a guy who hasn't wrestled in 2 years, and couldn't wrestle a match longer than 3 minutes then! He couldn't even keep his monster truck sponsorship with Meents.

That is a sweet looking car, though! :p

LynxFX
07-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Goldberg, do you think you could tone down your sig a bit. You have half a meg of file there. Not only is it rude to those not on broadband but it ends up costing a pretty penny in bandwidth to the owners of XBA.

EHWfedPres
07-06-2002, 05:57 PM
Test Drive has a custom soundtrack (from what I heard), a bunch of multiplayer options, and other stuff...Burnout has realistic crashes, which really suck. Project Gotham has the most annoying sound ever on powerslides, also, powersliding is like driving on ice with pgr, and the game is the same thing over and over again. Just my opinion tho.